Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch Invader

Comments

• Options
    After all this being said, my original memories of pitch invasions generally meant seeing a big pair of tits which was a bonus,quite often in the five nations rugby I think,now it’s generally just ‘A TIT’running on the pitch. 
  • Options
    There has to be a safety issue when some random runs on the pitch like that. 

He approached two players with his arms flailing, which is intimidating, no one knew his intentions, not sure if the idiot knew his own intentions for that matter.  It's a shame the Charlton stewards couldn't deal with it quickly and without the help of the Burton player. 

From a football point of view it can and does change the whole tempo and course of a game.  As a football fan I really don't want to see it and I certainly don't want to see this attention seeking behaviour glorified.  

In fact I'm gonna stay right up here on my high horse. 🐴     
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Youtube of Erika Roe streaking at Twickenham

• Options
    There has to be a safety issue when some random runs on the pitch like that. 

He approached two players with his arms flailing, which is intimidating, no one knew his intentions, not sure if the idiot knew his own intentions for that matter.  It's a shame the Charlton stewards couldn't deal with it quickly and without the help of the Burton player. 

From a football point of view it can and does change the whole tempo and course of a game.  As a football fan I really don't want to see it and I certainly don't want to see this attention seeking behaviour glorified.  

In fact I'm gonna stay right up here on my high horse. 🐴     
    Nobody has glorified it, high horses have been mounted👍😜😂
  • Options
    Cor fans running on the pitch. bit of a silly thing to do but I am taking for granted that Mick Everitt made a similar tweet about the enmass pitch invasion. Did he take glee when the fans at the semi final were arrested charged and given a criminal record... oh wait

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/player-surfing-a-pitch-invasion-and-a-penalty-shootout-charlton-athletics-years-of-hardship-make-reaching-wembley-cause-for-celebration/
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Ahhh!!! Memories 😂…… or should I have said mammories🤣🤣👍
  • Options
    edited March 2022

I don't know why, but I fancy a pint of milk
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Gribbo said:

Erica Roe, she had her knockers for doing it, but at least she did it at half time.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Gribbo said:

I fancy a tit wank
    You could probably do it to yourself 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Gribbo said:

Erica Roe, she had her knockers for doing it, but at least she did it at half time.
    I hope England rugby could afford the fine!!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    He didn't but would the Club have faced additional sanctions had the drunken invader say pushed the Ref over - or worse? Would it have made any difference to the Club in terms of punishment had it been an opposition supporter?

This is what happened to Chris Kirkland and he has admitted that it contributed to the depression that he suffered during his time as a professional

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV-C7aK9tMM
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Gribbo said:

I fancy a tit wank
    Them tits would be like a wizards sleeve with my cock in them, it would be such a waste, I’d still try though!!😂
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Gribbo said:

I know, like a dead heat in a zeplin race
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Of course it’s wrong and regrettable and needs to be discouraged etc. But did the police not have the option to deploy some discretion and just detain/eject rather than arrest and put it in to a court case?

Maybe it says more about the individual and his subsequent behaviour after he was apprehended. 

Don’t know just speculating. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    We don't want to go back to the bad old days, when fan behaviour was so bad that fences had to be erected around the pitch. That all stopped after the dreadful Hillsborough disaster and fans didn't run onto the pitch any more. It does need strong action to be taken against bad behaviour and to show that it won't be tolerated.
    If this type of thing was happening multiple times with bad consequences then act accordingly, but let’s not turn it into anything like the fan behaviour of the 80’s. The game and fans have evolved in the most part and when things need to be acted upon for example the acceptance of racism, they generally are. The guy was obviously having fun after a few sherberts and mad a wrong choice, no need to make more of it.
    It’s happened three times in 2022 and it has all involved people on free or cheap tickets. Just a fact. There is concern about that internally.
    It’s an inconvenience, not the major problem people are making it out to be. I’m a season ticket holder and if chose to do the same I could. I don’t see it matters what has been paid. Basically 3 people won’t be coming back for the rest of the season.🤷🏻‍♂️
    It is a major problem, certainly for the individual idiot concerned. So, just for the sake of clarity, it is a criminal offence. There will be a court case and there will be a fine and a banning order. To quote the CPS guidance: There will be a presumption of prosecution whenever there is sufficient evidence to bring offenders before a court on appropriate criminal charges and where a Football Banning Order (FBO) is considered necessary.....Simple Cautions or Penalty Notices for Disorder will hardly ever be appropriate for football-related offences.

In other words, the CPS want people to be made an example of in the (probably vain) hope that it will dissuade others from similar stupidity criminality.

Now, personally, I'd like to see this as an offence similar to, say, speeding. But the authorities see it differently. I suspect prospective employers might as well.  So all the while such an offence is unspent, an employer will simply see a conviction under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 as being something handed down to a hooligan, thug, racist, etc. Consequently there will always be a more suitable candidate. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    cafcfan said:
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    We don't want to go back to the bad old days, when fan behaviour was so bad that fences had to be erected around the pitch. That all stopped after the dreadful Hillsborough disaster and fans didn't run onto the pitch any more. It does need strong action to be taken against bad behaviour and to show that it won't be tolerated.
    If this type of thing was happening multiple times with bad consequences then act accordingly, but let’s not turn it into anything like the fan behaviour of the 80’s. The game and fans have evolved in the most part and when things need to be acted upon for example the acceptance of racism, they generally are. The guy was obviously having fun after a few sherberts and mad a wrong choice, no need to make more of it.
    It’s happened three times in 2022 and it has all involved people on free or cheap tickets. Just a fact. There is concern about that internally.
    It’s an inconvenience, not the major problem people are making it out to be. I’m a season ticket holder and if chose to do the same I could. I don’t see it matters what has been paid. Basically 3 people won’t be coming back for the rest of the season.🤷🏻‍♂️
    It is a major problem, certainly for the individual idiot concerned. So, just for the sake of clarity, it is a criminal offence. There will be a court case and there will be a fine and a banning order. To quote the CPS guidance: There will be a presumption of prosecution whenever there is sufficient evidence to bring offenders before a court on appropriate criminal charges and where a Football Banning Order (FBO) is considered necessary.....Simple Cautions or Penalty Notices for Disorder will hardly ever be appropriate for football-related offences.

In other words, the CPS want people to be made an example of in the (probably vain) hope that it will dissuade others from similar stupidity criminality.

Now, personally, I'd like to see this as an offence similar to, say, speeding. But the authorities see it differently. I suspect prospective employers might as well.  So all the while such an offence is unspent, an employer will simply see a conviction under the Football (Offences) Act 1991 as being something handed down to a hooligan, thug, racist, etc. Consequently there will always be a more suitable candidate. 
    I agree with this, I said in an earlier post, the punishment should be relevant to the crime. I don’t think in this case it would warrant a lot of punishment, some, but that’s just me. I wouldn’t want to be in the dock in front of a few on here let’s put it that way.😂
  • Options
    During the game at Crewe this season a Crewe fan came on the pitch and gave Albie Morgan a huge shove in the back.
    At the time he appeared to go back to his seat and sat down.
    Never did find out what action was taken against him…..didn’t see him getting lead away?
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

Has anyone done the Maths?  Can someone ask Mick Everett if the Club fine outweighs the extra income? 
    What extra income?

Why, tickets for a fiver @Airman Brown

x tickets at £5 per tickets = £5x ... or have I missed something?

:) 
    Less the full price ticket match income from people who would have bought a match ticket at standard price.

So, best guess the club would have sold at most 3,500 tickets at £4.17 each net of VAT. That’s £14,583.

If we assume for argument’s sake the average net yield from a paid ticket normally is £15 that means the club got the same as if 1,000 people had bought match tickets at normal prices. No extra.

Or you can say the club lost £10,830 from those 1,000 people and gained a similar amount back from the other 2,500 who came and paid.

I’m assuming that the home crowd was 6,000 season ticket holders, 1,500 comps and 3,500 payers. There may have been more STs and comps and fewer payers. 

It’s anyone’s guess how many would have paid at full price - I doubt if it would have been quite as low as 1,000 for a Saturday game. But given we had 8,000 home fans on Tuesday and won it’s reasonable to assume we would have had 9,000 plus today, which makes the FFAF effect very small. In 2010/11 we would have sold a five figure number of £5 tickets, from recollection.

Yes but you haven’t factored in the increased sales from catering , club shop sales , official programmes ect ect from the increased foot fall and also the long term of of for example even a small amount of those £5 tickets were first timers or youngsters who on the back of today might consider buying a season ticket for next year 
    Repeat business is why I advocated it in the first place but obviously the fewer attend for £5 the less it is likely to have that effect and a high proportion will be existing fans on those numbers. The profit on the ancillary spend is insignificant. Might be worth £1-£2 to the club on average, so 2,500 x £2 if you’re very lucky. The club gets a tiny share of the catering income.
    the club need to get the selling of beer and food back in house asap,they are missing out on significant income
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Fucking ridiculous overreaction. My guess is that if it had been an upper middle class twat like Roe it would have all been laughed off as a merry prank. But this is football not rugger and everyone knows that footy fans are barely housetrained and need strict discipline

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    During the game at Crewe this season a Crewe fan came on the pitch and gave Albie Morgan a huge shove in the back.
    At the time he appeared to go back to his seat and sat down.
    Never did find out what action was taken against him…..didn’t see him getting lead away?
    To be fair most of us have wanted to give Albie Morgan a huge shove in the back at some time this season.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

Has anyone done the Maths?  Can someone ask Mick Everett if the Club fine outweighs the extra income? 
    What extra income?

Less the full price ticket match income from people who would have bought a match ticket at standard price.

So, best guess the club would have sold at most 3,500 tickets at £4.17 each net of VAT. That’s £14,583.

If we assume for argument’s sake the average net yield from a paid ticket normally is £15 that means the club got the same as if 1,000 people had bought match tickets at normal prices. No extra.

Or you can say the club lost £10,830 from those 1,000 people and gained a similar amount back from the other 2,500 who came and paid.

I’m assuming that the home crowd was 6,000 season ticket holders, 1,500 comps and 3,500 payers. There may have been more STs and comps and fewer payers. 

It’s anyone’s guess how many would have paid at full price - I doubt if it would have been quite as low as 1,000 for a Saturday game. But given we had 8,000 home fans on Tuesday and won it’s reasonable to assume we would have had 9,000 plus today, which makes the FFAF effect very small. In 2010/11 we would have sold a five figure number of £5 tickets, from recollection.

Yes but you haven’t factored in the increased sales from catering , club shop sales , official programmes ect ect from the increased foot fall and also the long term of of for example even a small amount of those £5 tickets were first timers or youngsters who on the back of today might consider buying a season ticket for next year 
    Repeat business is why I advocated it in the first place but obviously the fewer attend for £5 the less it is likely to have that effect and a high proportion will be existing fans on those numbers. The profit on the ancillary spend is insignificant. Might be worth £1-£2 to the club on average, so 2,500 x £2 if you’re very lucky. The club gets a tiny share of the catering income.
    the club need to get the selling of beer and food back in house asap,they are missing out on significant income
    Some, but they are not picking up the costs either. I spend nothing on catering match after match at The Valley and almost never have in all the years I have been going (not out of principle but because I don’t choose to eat and drink in the ground). A majority do the same, so it’s not as lucrative as some people think anyway.
    Quality and price point would have a big saying in that,neither are attractive at the valley( not just the valley to be fair). even if people can get past the thought of queuing. 
  • Options
    Charlton fans are as skilled with their feet as our players and the reason I don't want anyone running on the pitch after a shandy or sniffing a toilet seat is because of the fan who slipped and kicked Bielik in the nuts.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Cheap tickets?

Increase in pond life?

What extra income?

Some, but they are not picking up the costs either. I spend nothing on catering match after match at The Valley and almost never have in all the years I have been going (not out of principle but because I don’t choose to eat and drink in the ground). A majority do the same, so it’s not as lucrative as some people think anyway.
    the queues in the Lower Covered End are always huge before and at half time on all outlets - so they must be doing ok!
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Was he wearing a mask?
    Who do you think he was, the Lone Ranger ?  :D
  • Options
    Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) Tweeted:
    Two protestors were ejected from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium after failing to tie themselves to the goalposts during Spurs v West Ham.
  • Options
    Certainly wasn't Football for a Fiver day at Spurs. A mate of mine offered me his brothers ticket at face value....£60!!! I politely declined.