Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    MrWalker said:
    I watched Cheltenham put 4 past them and thought we could easily do the same. They looked shambolic and disinterested. If that team turns up - 4-0 Charlton.
    I watched fuckin Charlton put 4 past this shower ffs
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Really don't care about the season anymore. More interested in League 2 & who's coming up  - Sutton would be a good local derby & don't want to see more teams from the N/West so Tranmere can go & do one.

Back to Saturday.  2-2 

• Options
    It would be nice over the coming period to see the team coalescing into a strong fluid winning unit that makes us crave the upcoming season.
    Somehow I don't think that will happen, as we poodle along in our mid-tabley way and worry about another incompetent recruitment campaign
  • Options
    If we could only win today and Burton slip up at the mighty Morecambe we'd slip into 14th. 

With Cheltenham and Accrington Stanley looking over their shoulders it will be an exciting run in to the mid table championship.  Please, please, please let it happen 🙏🙏🙏.
  • Options
    2-1 to Doncaster. Our unbeaten run ends.
  • Options
    It would be nice over the coming period to see the team coalescing into a strong fluid winning unit that makes us crave the upcoming season.
    Somehow I don't think that will happen, as we poodle along in our mid-tabley way and worry about another incompetent recruitment campaign
    I’m optimistic we’ll improve our recruitment to at least mediocre this summer.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    A decent manager might help.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I understand sticking so rigidly to 3-5-2 is frustrating but I can see why he’s doing it. I think we’ll see in time that the squad was a bigger problem than the manager or the tactics. I’d rather see more changes to the squad and stick with Jackson than replace him and keep more of this squad together.
  • Options
    If we could only win today and Burton slip up at the mighty Morecambe we'd slip into 14th. 

With Cheltenham and Accrington Stanley looking over their shoulders it will be an exciting run in to the mid table championship.  Please, please, please let it happen 🙏🙏🙏.
    I mean... with money riding on a top half finish... this actually rings true from my viewpoint :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same team. 

Winning shite at home is one thing, winning shite away another.

2-1 or a hard fought 1-1
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I understand sticking so rigidly to 3-5-2 is frustrating but I can see why he’s doing it. I think we’ll see in time that the squad was a bigger problem than the manager or the tactics. I’d rather see more changes to the squad and stick with Jackson than replace him and keep more of this squad together.
    I'd rather replace him - not impressed so far.
    Hopefully he will prove me wrong.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I think we’ll see the majority of players we let go (including the loanees) move on to smaller clubs which will really show what Jackson had to work with.
  • Options
    Be very disappointed if we don't win today, they are absolute cack
  • Options
    Donny have basically been very poor all season and this is a game that should tell us where the current Charlton team stand. I don’t see much reason for optimism but defeat would be telling. I’m going for a 0 - 0 bore fest. 
  • Options

I mean... with money riding on a top half finish... this actually rings true from my viewpoint :)
    I think Charlton getting up the league table to at least 12th will be very much on Jackson’s mind. Finishing below that admittedly piss poor position would seriously put his job in question. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I think we’ll see the majority of players we let go (including the loanees) move on to smaller clubs which will really show what Jackson had to work with.
    That's the big difference to last season, JFC would have either stayed with us or gone to the championship if he didn't get injured.  Millar, Maatsen, Aneke and Amos all went to "better" things.  We didn't replace them.

Keeping Watson, Gunter, Pearce isn't the real problem.  Replacing those 4, outfield players, with Souare, Kirk, Arter and Davison is what really fucked us. 
  • Options
    Will take 1-0, and almost certain safety, ( Am i really saying that about Charlton in Div 3?)
    Draw if Donny put on a performance, WONT ACCEPT LOSS WITH PISS POOR ATTITUDE from us
  • Options
    I want to see:
    Attacking intent 
    Players linking up
    Their keeper actually having to earn his salary
    Jake Forster-Caskey 
    A win

That's all. Predict a 1-0 win (Forster-Caskey 90'+2)
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Be very disappointed if we don't win today, they are absolute cack
    Same. Still disappointed about how we were comfortably beat by Crewe. Need to show that we are capable of winning away from home and showing title winning form between now and the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jonniesta said:
    I want to see:
    Attacking intent 
    Players linking up
    Their keeper actually having to earn his salary
    Jake Forster-Caskey 
    A win

That's all. Predict a 1-0 win (Forster-Caskey 90'+2)
    Good luck with that mate. 
  • Options
    glorious day for it .. I'm in my hotel room overlooking the lake, 300 yards from the Donny stadium, watching the swans posing on the water .. errr football ? .. all in good time ((:>)
  • Options
    glorious day for it .. I'm in my hotel room overlooking the lake, 300 yards from the Donny stadium, watching the swans posing on the water .. errr football ? .. all in good time ((:>)
    Nice. Don't let the football spoil it Lincs...
  • Options
    Nice. Don't let the football spoil it Lincs...
    a win would make it a near perfect day  o:)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    With the number of contracts that will run out the squad change bit is already guaranteed so you're half way there. The recruitment is the hard bit
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    With the number of contracts that will run out the squad change bit is already guaranteed so you're half way there. The recruitment is the hard bit
    Yep, this summer will be a big test of the structure and system TS has put in place. On his interview that went out yesterday he talked our slow recruitment being due to us getting the new system in place. They’ve now had a year to improve it and plenty of poor signings to better understand what need to avoid.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    Yep, this summer will be a big test of the structure and system TS has put in place. On his interview that went out yesterday he talked our slow recruitment being due to us getting the new system in place. They’ve now had a year to improve it and plenty of poor signings to better understand what need to avoid.
    I think that's a bit of a smoke screen.  I think "they" thought they had enough and u23s would fill the gaps.  Then they all panicked after the Wigan game. 
  • Options
    2-0 Doncaster - there is nothing in our current form or our away form all season that suggests we have a win in us, notwithstanding the struggles Doncaster have been going through.  Really hope i am wrong and we scrape something, but just don’t see it happening.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    MrWalker said:
    I watched Cheltenham put 4 past them and thought we could easily do the same. They looked shambolic and disinterested. If that team turns up - 4-0 Charlton.
    I watched fuckin Charlton put 4 past this shower ffs
    That was back in October - I saw them last week - as I say they were dreadful. They've had some big defeats at home and I'm sure we agree we'd like to see a 4-0 Charlton win.
  • Options
    Like others, I have little interest in this as our season is effectively over. Accrington was the last northern away day I'll do this season.

Indeed I had planned to watch Dartford play at Hampton - a new ground and much more meaningful match - but not really up to it post Covid, so will be stuck at home watching VP and the cricket...