Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    Stockley should buy CBT a beer for that
  • Options
    When was the last time Stockley scored with his head? 
  • Options
    Hallelujah ..... a goal at last.

• Options
    Yay
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Stockers 0-1 'bout fu*cking time lads, great set up by CBT... :)
  • Options
    Wrexham 4-5
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Awful penalty. That's why Connor isn't good enough for a promotion push, squad player at best 
    He's our top scorer in the League? - Look at the rest first perhaps 
    Top scorer in our worst ever team. He's  not good enough to lead a top 2 push. I don't see how that's a controversial opinion 

Just scuffed a sitter too
    The form when we've had Stockley and Washington as a centre forward pairing says otherwise
    Top 2 form? No didn't think so
    1.92ppg when they both start. (88pts)

0.88ppg when they don’t. (41pts)

Stockley and Washington aren’t the problem with this team.
    Of course we would have done the double over Wigan and MK Dons and Oxford if they had played every game.  Meaningless stat without context. 
    I can dig up some context around league position of our opponents for each game later post match but we’ve played 26 games this year without them and only got 23 points.

Only having 12 games with them both starting has honestly been our downfall. Is 1.92ppg realistic across 46 games? Probably not but they would at least have us in the top six.

With how bad the midfield and defence has been without them, I’d argue our focus should be in those areas because Stockley and Washington are one of the best striker combos at this level.
    Spot on. We definitely need 'another Washington' next season aswell. The issue this season hasn't been the strikerforce, it's been the fact we've not had any decent cover for either when they've been missing. If we had two Washingtons, Stockley and Aneke I think we'd have the best set of strikers in the division. 
    Are you Thomas Sandgaard 
    great argument, witty too
  • Options
    Typical - I nip off for a pee and we score !!!
  • Options
    At last
  • Options

67' Excellent work from CBT who skins his man on the left and pulls back into the box for Stockley to slot home. Deadlock broken! #drfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    When was the last time Stockley scored with his head? 
    Gateshead? - Was the first a diving header? 
  • Options

69' Chance! CBT gets into the box again and sees his shot saved by the legs of Mitchell. #drfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    CBT showing the difference having a pacey attacking wing back makes.
  • Options
    Seems I was on the wrong Sky channel. Must have been the one for the England game. Now had to change over to SSN. 
  • Options
    CBT is good isint he. 

(Also he may have not been flashy, and it’s also because Doncaster are not great, but Fraser has been very very tidy for us today I think)
  • Options
    Any chance you might need another pee before the final whistle ?
  • Options
    Seems I was on the wrong Sky channel. Must have been the one for the England game. Now had to change over to SSN. 
    Is the England game on SKY or ITV? 
  • Options

70' Fraser volleys wide from Washington's cross. #drfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Gills winning 0-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Go for a dump and we could get 3 or 4  :)
    I’m afraid I’m a first thing in the morning man - regular as clockwork - sadly I can’t accommodate your suggestion 😂😂
  • Options
    Sky
  • Options

Sky
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Go for a dump and we could get 3 or 4  :)
    I’m afraid I’m a first thing in the morning man - regular as clockwork - sadly I can’t accommodate your suggestion 😂😂
    Try HARDER  :)
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Sky
    Dansk_Red said:

Sky
    Thats annoying... Was hoping to have SKY Go and ITV on so I could watch F1 Quali and the England game at the same time. 
  • Options
    Can you go again, maybe every 5 or 6 minutes till the end?
  • Options
    This fucking strike force 😂😂
  • Options
    sarge1g said:
    Any chance you might need another pee before the final whistle ?
    Well I have just opened 2nd bottle of red, so likely 👍
  • Options
    1. 71'

Substitution

Substitution, Doncaster Rovers. Josh Martin replaces Ben Jackson.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    This fucking strike force 😂😂
    Need the Benny Hill music with them at times. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!