Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Doncaster Rovers vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th March 2022

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I love him but Washington is a terrible, terrible finisher. 
    He's so sporadic... I mean how the hell can he score such a decent finish against Morecambe or Burton, but then cant slot it past the Goalkeeper like that
    People will.say its because he is 3rd tier level......but players at this level still score those. That's why teams regularly score 3's 4's & 5's but we are lucky to get more than 2 goals a game.
    Agreed, but players at this level also miss those
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    That is unfair, he’s inconsistent. But also more one on ones are missed than we tend to intuitively think. 
    I remember BWP missing a lot more often as our title winning season went on. Promotion teams create more and better quality chances. It can make a good striker look like a great one.
    BWP had an awful stretch for finishing in our promotion season including some bad 1-v-1 misses. Washington isn't nearly as clinical but it does happen to strikers. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    That is unfair, he’s inconsistent. But also more one on ones are missed than we tend to intuitively think. 
    I remember BWP missing a lot more often as our title winning season went on. Promotion teams create more and better quality chances. It can make a good striker look like a great one.
    He was generally awful at the one-on-one, probably because he had too much time. 
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    How does Conor get the criticism on that ahead of Stockley.... was a totally open goal for the follow up!?!
    Gilbey wouldn't have missed that :wink:

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:
    According to the BBC top scorer list... Washington has a better shot conversion than Cole Stockton, and pretty much has the same conversion record as top scorer: Ross Stewart, although that might have changed today.

Equally having seen Stewart @ the Valley, can understand how he misses so many.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

Certainly shows that as a team, we dont create enough chances, certainly compared to others
  • Options
    Shows how much we missed CBT, Stockley and Wash. 9 shots on target today, should really be home and hosed by now.
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    How does Conor get the criticism on that ahead of Stockley.... was a totally open goal for the follow up!?!
    People ignoring that he created that opportunity himself. Decent save by the keeper, Stockley should score. 
  • Options
    Connor Gallagher starts for England.

Bowyer will be taking the credit for that no doubt....😄
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Gallagher starting for England tonight
    So what? We've got Alex Gilbey now

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 82'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

2. 82'

Post update

Adam Clayton (Doncaster Rovers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Joe Doodo is every bit as bad as I remember. Maybe even worse. 
  • Options
    NO ............ you should have waited until the game had finished before saying this  :)
  • Options
    Joe "Doggy" Doodo  ;)
  • Options

86' Dobson booked for a foul on Knoyle. #drfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Because it doesn't suit people's agenda. 
    Nah we need better than Stockley too, but people on here aren't ready for that convo yet.
  • Options
    Famewo getting ready to come on... Shocked we haven't made a change yet
  • Options
    Got to be honest. I’d much rather have Morgan available in the bench than Lee. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

86' Dobson booked for a foul on Knoyle. #drfc 0 #cafc 1
    They've got Dodoo ..... and we've got Doboo. 

• Options
    hanging on, a popular last 10 tactic for us.  Has JJ noticed that we have a bunch of players sat on the bench?  

Also, what am I missing about Fraser?  I see all the brickbats at all the other midfielders but he seems to get a pass, not really seeing it myself
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shrews 1-0
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Fourth official just waved CBT back onto the field and he took possession of a loose ball - he then gets booked for coming on the field when the fourtho said he could!

⏱89' 🔴⚪️ #drfc 0-1 #cafc ⚫️

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) March 26, 2022
  • Options
    The roof falling in on Cheltenham today.

Sheff Weds score 4
  • Options

Fourth official just waved CBT back onto the field and he took possession of a loose ball - he then gets booked for coming on the field when the fourtho said he could!

Thé level of officiating in this league is so so poor every week 
  • Options
    What on Earth just happened there with CBT? 
  • Options
    George Lapslie scored for Mansfield 
  • Options
    Gills 1-2 winning
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Thé level of officiating in this league is so so poor every week 
    I even just watched the referee waving Blackett-Taylor back on the pitch as the ball was in our box
  • Options

89' Blackett-Taylor is booked after running back onto the pitch after receiving treatment. He received permission from the fourth official, picked up possession, went on the attack and was pulled up by the ref. Baffling. #drfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    6mins added time... GET ON WITH IT REF... GOT F1 QUALI IN EIGHT MINS!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!