Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trying to find a stag do location abroad

Comments

• Options
    Heading to Valencia this week for a stag. Taking in a game at the Mestalla.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    All depends on age, make up of group, interests, and average level of idiocy 
    40+ and fairly laid back. Two maniacs. Hoping for beach and nightlife but that seems to be a tricky combination. 
    Send the maniacs to Benidorm and the rest of you come here... You will have a great time. I can point you in the right direction for whatever you are after. 👍🏻  
  • Options
    I had my stag do in Albufeira and also my brothers too. Had a pukka time. Not sure what the strip will be looking like post covid though.
    Strip is the same as ever mate. Most places are opening this weekend, the rest at easter.  
    Good to hear.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Prague maybe?
    Went on a stag there in 2014. Heard it’s changed since then in terms of it not being as open to stags? Might be wrong.
    Correct. Current Town Hall looking to actively discourage them. Clampdown on AirB’n’B, those beerwagons outlawed. K5 closed. All with strong support from the locals.

There is also a small problem in respect of Jimmy’s brief, that Prague comes up a bit short on the beach offer…FFS @SoundAsa£…😂
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I once went to Benidorm for a stag. Long weekend. You had to wear the same clothes for the whole weekend and all you were allowed to take in the way of toiletries was a tooth brush and toothpaste in a plastic bag. Lovely …
    What kind of lunatic would come up with such rules??? And why???

No way I could go a day without having a shower.

Sod sitting by you lot on the way home 
    1980’s rugby boys, innit. We did things differently in those days 🤷
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Prague maybe?
    Went on a stag there in 2014. Heard it’s changed since then in terms of it not being as open to stags? Might be wrong.
    Correct. Current Town Hall looking to actively discourage them. Clampdown on AirB’n’B, those beerwagons outlawed. K5 closed. All with strong support from the locals.

There is also a small problem in respect of Jimmy’s brief, that Prague comes up a bit short on the beach offer…FFS @SoundAsa£…😂
    We were there for 3 nights, on the last one the stag made the mistake of saying he wasn’t drunk enough. No surprise that within minutes he had far too many drinks. Ended up being sick in the street with his best man trying to keep him upright while they both slip all over the place.

We took him back to the hotel as there was no way he could stay out, his best man and another looked after him in his room. The receptionist saw the state of the stag and commented “always English guys, always English guys”… keep in mind the group could have been described as a bigger version of the Inbetweeners, I’m sure they had seen far worse.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Prague maybe?

The wagons seem to have been replaced by beer boats, or at least the one I saw (and heard) last week definitely appeared to be a hen party.

Also I don't think the 20 English guys dressed as Minions I saw outside Palladium last weekend were there for the museums lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Prague maybe?

They are getting a bit fed up with them here too. Hence my commment about sending the maniacs to Benidorm. Don't get me wrong, hi-jinks, getting dressed-up and having a few too many is expected, but when they start getting naked in front of families or throwing up in their dinner, eyebrows are raised...   
  • Options
    Isle Of Wight.
    Sod off.  Don’t want you lot lowering the tone 😉
  • Options
    Another vote for Barcelona. Got the beach and the nightlife. 
    Though Budapest is a favorite for me. Hasn't got the beach but for a city break it's pretty good. Been there a few times, once for a stag do. 
  • Options
    Not sure what's it's like now but my brother went to a stag do in Dubrovnik years back when it was still part of Yugoslavia and said it was really good. 
  • Options
    benidorm been once - in middle of july was actually decent although the northerner ratio is ridic 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Prague maybe?

They are getting a bit fed up with them here too. Hence my commment about sending the maniacs to Benidorm. Don't get me wrong, hi-jinks, getting dressed-up and having a few too many is expected, but when they start getting naked in front of families or throwing up in their dinner, eyebrows are raised...   
    Apologise in advance for May :P thankfully i am not the stag
  • Options
    benidorm been once - in middle of july was actually decent although the northerner ratio is ridic 
    Did you catch the culturally tasteful act of the well named Sticky Vicky...?
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    And her daughter.

Allegedly
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    And her daughter.

Allegedly
    the not so catchy name of Gorgeous Barbara
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Munich is good for a stag do, plus the English garden has a lake that you can actually surf in....lots of beer gardens in the middle with fantastic choice of food to munch down.

Alternately cant beat Benidorm, loads of stags and Hens over the weekend and a great laugh sitting back watching them all get pissed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bubble said:
    Hvar Croatia 
    This is a great shout by the way! 
  • Options
    Vegas, Vegas or Las Vegas are all a good shout
  • Options
    Amsterdam would be a hoot.
  • Options
    Has to be Barcelona based on the brief.Has it all.

Ignoring the brief, Budapest and Krakow would be my two main shouts. Or Bucharest based on pure nightlife. Can’t go wrong with German cities of course. 

Or 3 city’s in 3 nights, like we did for an England away a few years back. Riga, Tallin and Helsinki.

One I really wanted to do was Minsk based on some Stella recommendations, but that’s probably out the questions for a while. Belgrade another on my to-do list.

My brother rated San Sebastián highly.

Then you have a couple of cheap and cheerful ones like Vilnius and Bratislava. 
  • Options
    Barcelona ticks the boxes you want, not so sure about a villa but you will get a nice apartment easily enough 

• Options
    Algarve, Albufeira. Stunning beaches, loads of good restaurants, golf, vineyards, and the strip will tick the boxes for the night life. Villas galore too. 
  • Options
    I hear St Truiden has a lovely hotel
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Vegas, Vegas or Las Vegas are all a good shout
    I'd disagree with this one, i love vegas but feel in a large group it wasn't quite the same. 

I did it in 2019, went with my mate a few days before then jumped onto a stag for a few days. It was good, but have enjoyed other stags alot more, whether thats the people or destination. 

Everyone usually has slightly different budgets, also we allowed like half a day to do your own stuff or go of in smaller groups. 

I personally think Vegas is an experience you want on its own, fewer people and maybe as i enjoy my poker so could only play the end of the night when we were all done. 

We did top golf, went out for a night club which on the night the stag pulled out so did half the rest of the people. We did downtown, stratosphere and still had a very good time just not my idea of a stag do.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    All depends on age, make up of group, interests, and average level of idiocy 
    40+ and fairly laid back. Two maniacs. Hoping for beach and nightlife but that seems to be a tricky combination. 
    You want somewhere where the local police aren’t going to come down really heavy on your two maniacs.  Or, you lose them at the airport.