Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bar staff eating

And then pulling a pint. Is this allowed?

Comments

• Options
    Eating what?
  • Options
    Food. Behind the bar.
  • Options
    As long as they are not eating whilst pulling the beer I see no foul 
  • Options
    Where? Sometimes they don't get a proper break and need to eat on shift, happened to me several times
  • Options
    Bar staff are people too!
    If someone bought you a pint and then brought it over to you would you be ok with that? What were they doing immediately before and during the drink being poured?
  • Options
    If someone bought you a pint and then brought it over to you would you be ok with that? What were they doing immediately before and during the drink being poured?
    Scratching their arse.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Scratching their arse.
    (In Scouser accent) "Exactly"!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Where? Sometimes they don't get a proper break and need to eat on shift, happened to me several times

They're only working a matter of hours, they probably don't qualify for a break.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

They're only working a matter of hours, they probably don't qualify for a break.
    When I did bar work I regularly did 10 hour shifts
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I assume we're talking about match day at the Valley?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Oh I see, I assumed it was industry wide
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Industry wide, someone doing a ten hour shift should have somewhere to sit down and have a break/something to eat.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Industry wide, someone doing a ten hour shift should have somewhere to sit down and have a break/something to eat.

Yes you’d think wouldn’t you!
    But unfortunately not always so, was usually when someone phoned in sick or didn’t turn up, the person on shift then took over from themselves and carried on, this doesn’t schedule in any kind of proper break; and the pub full of blokes having a midlife crisis strangely don’t seem to want to wait while one is taken.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    And then pulling a pint. Is this allowed?
    Why wouldn’t it be?
  • Options
    Jesus
  • Options
    What a bizarre thread 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I say no- they should eat before they go to work … 
    hope that helps 
  • Options
    An @iainment classic!  <3
  • Options
    F**k them, ban toilet breaks why we are at it!!!

maybe make some bunk beds in the beer cellar and just keep all bar staff there 24/7 and tazer them if they try and leave
    Common sense at last, FFS!
  • Options
    I’m talking about eating a box of takeaway chicken and chips. Then handling glasses without washing hands. 

• Options
    Should ambulance persons be allowed to eat in their vehicle? Discuss.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I’m talking about eating a box of takeaway chicken and chips. Then handling glasses without washing hands. 

Well that’s just poor hygiene from the person you’ve seen. I’m sure most bar staff have basic manners.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    iainment said:

Again, if your mate bought you a pint and was eating fried chicken and chips and then carried your drink over to you would you be ok with that?

*there is a part of learning the trade where you don’t touch the top part of the glass for hygiene reasons.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Well that’s just poor hygiene from the person you’ve seen. I’m sure most bar staff have basic manners.

Indeed.
    And a good chance of the glass slipping out of his hand.
  • Options
    Should ambulance persons be allowed to eat in their vehicle? Discuss.

Kebab and chips, in the back while someone's having a heart attack. No problem at all.