Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bar staff eating

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Should ambulance persons be allowed to eat in their vehicle? Discuss.

Kebab and chips, in the back while someone's having a heart attack. No problem at all.
    Pot noodle, when you have to do that slurpy suck bit ?

I know, where do you get the boiling water? But surely if they’re equipped to save someone’s life they would have the means to make a pot noodle?
  • Options

Kebab and chips, in the back while someone's having a heart attack. No problem at all.

If the patient is projectile vomiting, i think that would work.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    iainment said:
    I’m talking about eating a box of takeaway chicken and chips. Then handling glasses without washing hands. 

None of which you mentioned previously. Indeed, when I asked previously you just said "food". So if you want to play the smart arse game dont expect a lot of engagement or empathy in return.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    I’m talking about eating a box of takeaway chicken and chips. Then handling glasses without washing hands. 

Again, if your mate bought you a pint and was eating fried chicken and chips and then carried your drink over to you would you be ok with that?

*there is a part of learning the trade where you don’t touch the top part of the glass for hygiene reasons.
    There is a difference between staff and friends. One is paid to, amongst other things, keep a hygienic workplace the other isn’t.
    Even so I’m not sure I’d be that happy if a friend did that. I wouldn’t end a friendship for that but I’d think twice about letting a bartender serve me again if I saw that.
  • Options
    iainment said:

If they didn't at least offer a chip then it's a red card offence and i'd be seriously considering changing my local.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:

Again, if your mate bought you a pint and was eating fried chicken and chips and then carried your drink over to you would you be ok with that?

*there is a part of learning the trade where you don’t touch the top part of the glass for hygiene reasons.
    There is a difference between staff and friends. One is paid to, amongst other things, keep a hygienic workplace the other isn’t.
    Even so I’m not sure I’d be that happy if a friend did that. I wouldn’t end a friendship for that but I’d think twice about letting a bartender serve me again if I saw that.

What if your bartender is also your friend?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I don’t much care for the taste of them myself. Bar staff that is. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

If they didn't at least offer a chip then it's a red card offence and i'd be seriously considering changing my local.
    Maybe they only got 14 chips, definitely not enough to share. 
  • Options
    PWR

Finally, a thread about cannibalism
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lower north at half time yesterday and one of the servers standing behind a till decided it was time for his coffee break and stopped serving, just standing there having a drink. Fcking unbelievable 
  • Options
    attitude on 2 of them yesterday a pie a pint and a packet of crisps charged me 24.65 I pointed out this is wrong and she kissed her teeth at me - silly cow. 
  • Options

I know, where do you get the boiling water? But surely if they’re equipped to save someone’s life they would have the means to make a pot noodle?
    I thought it was a w**k afterwards, not a BJ?
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Bloke I know who runs a fishing lake, always got dirty hands and them biten down finger nails; he insists on rinsing your tea bag with his fingers, so I'd always have a coffee, but then he usually hands you the mug by holding it around the rim. I alway try and see where the biggest expance untouched bit of china is, and memorise the area, to limit as much his finger / my lip interaction as possible.
    I worked once or twice with a bloke in the Reading patch and he was known as either "pig" or "flakey". Pig i could understand as he ate like one, he would inhale a full English and leave a huge amount in this big bushy beard he had, he was also a full patch member of a Hells Angels chapter, this is only relevant to give you a flavour of his appearance. The flakey nickname was because he has terrible skin, like Goldmember and when he would make a brew onsite he would hand it to you with his thumb in the liquid. The routine would be for that lazy bastard to make everyone a brew while we were setting up site and hand them round, proud as punch and one by one we would routinely thank him and lob the soupy brew complete with skin flakes into a hedge when he returned to his vehicle to spend half an hour cleaning up from boiling a kettle over a propane camping stove. 

• Options
    edited April 2022
    What does it matter if after buying said pie, you walk into the WC  with it  and munch away on it whilst using your other hand to take a piss!

Seen on numerous occasions.
  • Options
    Wouldn’t approve of that. Plus, it’s against the law. Murder and cannibalism. 
  • Options
    I worked in the OKR opposite quite a few Pubs, and being quite competitive each offered different  lunch time fayre. 
    The Rising Sun was falling behind in the "Pub Grub" stakes and decided to offer sandwiches, Ham, Cheese, Corned Beef, etc.
    The only trouble was the barman would take your order then walk to the "Food Preparation Area"
    while scratching his arse.
    I would decline his offer of pickle on my cheese ploughmans.
  • Options
    Could someone take this thread off topic, please?
    Certainly…..

It depends upon whether the Bar staff are women and what the food is.

Clearly its fine for women to eat crisps, salad and some of the less exotic peanuts 🥜 however pickled eggs 🥚, pickled onions 🧅 and pork scratching are clearly only intended for men, with pints 🍺 and it’s against the natural order to suppose otherwise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    attitude on 2 of them yesterday a pie a pint and a packet of crisps charged me 24.65 I pointed out this is wrong and she kissed her teeth at me - silly cow. 
    I would have demanded to speak to the overall manager and not left my spot till they showed.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I worked in the OKR opposite quite a few Pubs, and being quite competitive each offered different  lunch time fayre. 
    The Rising Sun was falling behind in the "Pub Grub" stakes and decided to offer sandwiches, Ham, Cheese, Corned Beef, etc.
    The only trouble was the barman would take your order then walk to the "Food Preparation Area"
    while scratching his arse.
    I would decline his offer of pickle on my cheese ploughmans.
    Reminds me of the time i was on holiday in Split.  We ordered the food, I needed the loo, which was upstairs and directly opposite the kitchen - I glanced in and the chef had a fag in his mouth and some of the ash dropped off in to what he was cooking. When the food was brought to the table, I decided I wasn’t hungry anymore, but neglected to tell my mates what I had seen - until after they had finished eating.
  • Options
    Should ambulance persons be allowed to eat in their vehicle? Discussting.
    Fixed.
  • Options
    Thats ridiculous, surely they should have been grateful to you for pointing out that you had been undercharged!
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Bloke I know who runs a fishing lake, always got dirty hands and them biten down finger nails; he insists on rinsing your tea bag with his fingers, so I'd always have a coffee, but then he usually hands you the mug by holding it around the rim. I alway try and see where the biggest expance untouched bit of china is, and memorise the area, to limit as much his finger / my lip interaction as possible.
    Tip from a west stander, buy a thermos flask. 
  • Options
    I would have demanded to speak to the overall manager and not left my spot till they showed.
    I did get it refunded straight away, I then asked for a fork and she went we ain’t got none init 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Lee Bowyer?
  • Options
    I'm sure all glove up when treating a patient. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Gribbo said:
    Tip from a west stander, buy a thermos flask. 
    ... and fill it with turps!