Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Dyche sacked

Comments

• Options
    Go get him Thomas. 
    There was a time when that would of been a possibility... sigh!
  • Options
    On the basis that he gets every other sodding gig going, they must have Jermaine Jenas lined up.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    iaitch said:
    Who sanctioned the sale of their top scorer to a relegation rival.
    Wasn’t a release clause triggered?
    It was yes, so technically they didn't sanction it because they had no choice.
    Thanks, didn't realise that was the case.
  • Options
    Mental. 
  • Options
    any manager with their team in danger of relegation is in a precarious position including Dyche even with his decent record on a tiny (by PL standards) budget .. the Burnley hierarchy are obviously hoping that a new voice and managerial presence will get them out of trouble .. I doubt that will happen .. I'd love him as our manager .. back to Watford for him ?
  • Options
    All the big talk when they bought the club has come to nothing there was talk on here that they were chancers maybe that wasnt far from the truth. I suspect this news will be the start of an exodus from the club as the owners cash in the assets pocket the money and watch the club slide down the leagues
  • Options
    any manager with their team in danger of relegation is in a precarious position including Dyche even with his decent record on a tiny (by PL standards) budget .. the Burnley hierarchy are obviously hoping that a new voice and managerial presence will get them out of trouble .. I doubt that will happen .. I'd love him as our manager .. back to Watford for him ?
    But what then happens when he gets sacked after 3 months?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    All the big talk when they bought the club has come to nothing there was talk on here that they were chancers maybe that wasnt far from the truth. I suspect this news will be the start of an exodus from the club as the owners cash in the assets pocket the money and watch the club slide down the leagues
    The previous owners let the club down badly by selling to this lot
  • Options
    they've gotten rid of a few others. First team coach, assistant manager and goalkeeping coach. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crazy decision. They will go down with or without Dyche - but he would have got them back up again at the first time of asking imo. They will struggle in the championship without him. 
  • Options
    I think this will sign off Burnley's relegation for sure and likely ensure Pope will be sold as the owners panic in to cutting costs.

They have also got rid of a manager with experience knowing how to get back up.

Who they think is likely to keep them up at this stage of the season I have know idea. The squad needed strengthening and never was. 
  • Options
    One can only wonder about the motives of these new Burnley owners. 

I suspect if Burnley had of gone down, Dyche would have resigned like Eddie Howe did at Bournemouth and waited for a new opportunity to come up. Guess he won't have to bother with resigning now.

As for Burnley, I can only see them plummeting down the league.  
  • Options
    So much for new owners pumping money into the club….familiar story?
  • Options
    One can only wonder about the motives of these new Burnley owners. 

I suspect if Burnley had of gone down, Dyche would have resigned like Eddie Howe did at Bournemouth and waited for a new opportunity to come up. Guess he won't have to bother with resigning now.

As for Burnley, I can only see them plummeting down the league.  
    Indeed it's worked out ok for Dyche. Leaves Burnley as a hero with the fans and the "victim" with a payoff.
  • Options
    they've gotten rid of a few others. First team coach, assistant manager and goalkeeping coach. 
    The goalkeeping coach going is equally as mad a decision as Dyche, when you think of how many international goalkeepers they've had in recent years.
  • Options
    Why now and why would anyone want that job?  They are now in danger of a similar manager merry go round and inevitable downward trajectory as the post Curbs era.
  • Options
    Their new owners still owe over £100m to the previous owner.  They basically mortgaged future PL payments to acquire the club.

They don't have the money to pay for the club they bought.

It serves them right if they go down.  Chancers.  And they just got rid of their biggest asset!
  • Options
    Their takeover went under the radar somewhat but they have essentially just heaped millions and millions of pounds of debt on to the club that before the takeover was debt free. It is exactly the kind of deal that is absolutely rotten and should be stopped from happening in the future.

I remember reading that the house of cards would all fall down if they were relegated and they are clearly desperate and have what most owners do when their desperate, sack the manager.

I feel sorry for the fans and most of all Dyche who has been steadily building a real legacy for that football club, I would not be at all surprised if they go the same way as Derby if they are relegated and all his hard work will have been ruined in an instant by owners who have no affinity with that club, and who didn't have the funds to buy the club themselves yet alone run it.

For which i entirely blame the previous owners for not doing their homework and instead flogging the club to a bunch of chancers. As Burnley fans, I'd have expected more of them than say Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They’ll regret this I’m sure. 
  • Options
    I own a football club, I know nothing about football I think I’ll sack the manager.
  • Options
    I own a football club, I know nothing about football I think I’ll sack the manager.
    Exactly this. All they have done is looked at a sheet of figures, realised they are totally screwed financially if they are relegated so taken the only action they can think of which is to sack the manager. Because they have absolutely no knowledge of football/any clue on what they are doing.

I could genuinely see Burnley in administration if they go down, there is no way the owners are going to be propping up the losses relegation will bring.
  • Options
    Lots of tweets saying this is like when Charlton sacked Curbishley. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    I can smell the double relegation already
  • Options
    I think £3.6m a year is probably beyond us 🤣
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes... Please lets not start suggesting that we can try and attract Sean Dyche!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes... Please lets not start suggesting that we can try and attract Sean Dyche!!
    It's what we would be doing if there were any substance to the 'Premier League within five years' nonsense claim.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The remaining Everton fixtures look tougher than the Burnley ones, especially the next three. That win in the week for Burnley could prove to be massive. I want Burnley to go down for selfish reasons as I think that would mean they definitely sell Pope.
  • Options
    The remaining Everton fixtures look tougher than the Burnley ones, especially the next three. That win in the week for Burnley could prove to be massive. I want Burnley to go down for selfish reasons as I think that would mean they definitely sell Pope.
    Everton's next 3 are tough and hard to see many points, so i think their season then depends on their next 3, Watford away then Brentford & Palace at home. Anything less than 6-7 points from those and they'll be in serious trouble.