Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean Dyche sacked

13»

Comments

• Options
    What’s the sell on for Pope - if not been bought out ? 
  • Options
    What’s the sell on for Pope - if not been bought out ? 
    Cawley reported a couple of years back that the sell on clause was worth in excess of 20%.

If Burnley go down i'm pretty sure Pope won't want to play in the championship, plus of course Burnley might want to a) cash in and b) get him off the wage bill when they have other decent keepers.

So how much is he likely to go for? 15-20m max i think. So we'd get around 3-4m. 
  • Options
    I think this will sign off Burnley's relegation for sure and likely ensure Pope will be sold as the owners panic in to cutting costs.

They have also got rid of a manager with experience knowing how to get back up.

Who they think is likely to keep them up at this stage of the season I have know idea. The squad needed strengthening and never was. 
    How wrong can you be.

New manager bounce is giving Burnley a real chance of staying up.

I have nothing against Burnley and normally would hope it's Everton rather than them.  However our chance of a pay off on Pope raises if Burnley do go down, so come on Everton. 
  • Options
    Burnley have perked up since he was sacked .. after all his time at the club perhaps his voice was getting too boring, his tactics too stale for his players .. he was on a reported £7 Million a year and the owners expected more for their money, now they are getting some success from the same squad after his dismissal, seems the owners were right
  • Options
    In fact Mike Jackson's management record over several years at Tranmere and Shrewsbury is :smile:
     P36  W8  D14 L14.

At Burnley it is P3 W2  D1  L0.  ...difficult  to explain.

Jackson's record when interim coach/manager was pretty good. Then he was made permanent and the form not so good.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    In fact Mike Jackson's management record over several years at Tranmere and Shrewsbury is :smile:
     P36  W8  D14 L14.

At Burnley it is P3 W2  D1  L0.  ...difficult  to explain.

Jackson's record when interim coach/manager was pretty good. Then he was made permanent and the form not so good.
    Johnnie Jackson?  ;)