Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lap of Honour this year

Comments

• Options
    Of course there should be a lap of honour ?
    George Dobson, Corey Blackett-Taylor, Jayden Stockley, Johnnie Jackson ,(kept us up) and JFC who has overcome a 2nd serious injury. The rest of the lap of honour should be our successful academy sides.
  • Options
    There’s always honour in wearing the Charlton shirt. Certainly these current players are not as good as many that have worn the badge but they’re still Charlton players and I’d give them a round of applause. I support every player wearing the shirt. I’m fairly confident most of you lot would too. 
    Simpyl wearing the shirt doesn't automatically earn my adulation or my respect. I was here long before them and I'll be here long after they're gone. 
  • Options
    They will call it a lap of appreciation, Jacko will be asked to thank us for our amazing support, then TS will enter the fray (no pun intended) to tell us how we're moving in the right direction. Assuming he's not rehearsing his set for POTY. 
  • Options
    Suggested playlist to accompany them.

If I could turn back time, Cher
    Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Elton
    Please forgive me, Bryan Adams
    Winner takes it all (losers have to fall) Abba
    Don't look back in Anger, Oasis. 

He’ll Have To Go, Jim Reeves
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Croydon said:
    There’s always honour in wearing the Charlton shirt. Certainly these current players are not as good as many that have worn the badge but they’re still Charlton players and I’d give them a round of applause. I support every player wearing the shirt. I’m fairly confident most of you lot would too. 
    Simpyl wearing the shirt doesn't automatically earn my adulation or my respect. I was here long before them and I'll be here long after they're gone. 
    Imagine ... you are in a foreign place.  New Cross, Croydon, Madrid ...  and the locals start slagging off your team.

Do you defend them ... or agree that, because the current squad are crap, ... yes, I am a Charlton fan, but you're right.  My team deserves abuse ... fucking useless bastards.

You know what ... just piss off!

The Club was here long before you, and it will be here long after you are gone.
  • Options
    I think the fans should stay until the absolute end to show their appreciation, by turning their backs on the players and doing the Poznań as the players trot round.
  • Options
    Suggested playlist to accompany them.

If I could turn back time, Cher
    Sorry seems to be the hardest word, Elton
    Please forgive me, Bryan Adams
    Winner takes it all (losers have to fall) Abba
    Don't look back in Anger, Oasis. 

He’ll Have To Go, Jim Reeves
    He's Lost Control Again Joy Division
  • Options
    In this scenarios our fanbase reminds me of that poor woman you get in the local who has had a series of wrong un relationships and is therefore overly receptive and welcome of any attention and potential promise of something better and gives herself away to cheaply.  Tragic.

Can you introduce her to @Dave2l ?
  • Options
    If Innis & Chuks manage to get round I'll be amazed!
    The medical team have advised Innis can walk a quarter of a lap as long as he promises not to be late getting there but Chuck's will have to wave from the bench.  
  • Options
    Thick and thin. Thick and thin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thick and thin. Thick and thin.
    Yeah that's true, but it relates to our support of the club, not the players. I travel home and away every week irrespective of who's wearing the shirt. 
  • Options
    Think I might stay, I might weep, I might swear, I know I will do it all again next year. Because that’s what I do, I am Charlton till I die!!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Afraid i will be off at HT to get back to Basingstoke to go to work at 7 (trains all over the place this weekend). Was in two minds whether to go, but at least a chance to have a couple of beers with mates and wish them well for the summer. 9 defeats in the league at home this season so far, would i have stayed, probably not.
  • Options
    I'll stay and clap, I've not really seen players not put in effort, just weren't good enough - not their fault as such, 
  • Options
    Dobson should be the only to walk round!!,,
  • Options
    Yakety Sax to be played as they walk around 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I wouldn't want to give the players the impression that I appreciated their performances this season, so I will likely just leave at full-time.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    We’ll I guess this current crop are record breakers.

They are set to give us our lowest league finish since 1925.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Staying behind to just to jeer/abuse the team seems a bit childish to me.
    And embarrassing  given that they will have their families with them.
    As Chunes just said the lap is a gesture of mutual appreciation for the seasons efforts.
    If you don't feel inclined to show your appreciation or don't think the players deserve it surely better to abstain and leave early.

Edit: I won't be hanging around btw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    won't stay and boo, I just won't be hanging around at the end.
  • Options
    The thought of having a lap of honour after finishing 15th in the third division , embarrassing. If they do it I hope it's to an empty stadium.
    This.

As we know some club employees read these threads, I really hope they get them to read the room on this. 
  • Options
    I'm sure I've posted this before somewhere, but when we got relegated from the prem my brother refused to go to the last game against spurs. I was trying to convince him to come, but he was having none of it, and I quote "and what happens at the end? A lap of honour? These players have brought nothing but dishonour to our club!" I think of this at the end of every season and it cracks me up haha!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    A lap of honour/farewell walk & wave with family, doesn't seem a good idea.
    But if they walk off and don't come back out, you can guarantee some fans complaining & saying the players don't care/couldn't even be bothered.

A quick lap of the pitch & wave by the players & coaching staff will be sufficient.
    The length of time dependant on the game/result.
    Another poor performance/defeat and they would be advised to get off sharpish.
  • Options
    The players could always do an open top bus tour around Greenwich, celebrating the fact we are staying up ( say we are staying up).
  • Options
    If Innis & Chuks manage to get round I'll be amazed!
    I fail to see there can be any humour in this sort of bleak realism
    Chuks should be on bended knee that he's got a job in football at this level and Innis will be on hands and knees or crutches anyway
    I'm sure they're both lovely fellas but 3rd division footballers they aren't even close to.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    I'm sure I've posted this before somewhere, but when we got relegated from the prem my brother refused to go to the last game against spurs. I was trying to convince him to come, but he was having none of it, and I quote "and what happens at the end? A lap of honour? These players have brought nothing but dishonour to our club!" I think of this at the end of every season and it cracks me up haha!
    Blimey, we hadn't actually been relegated going into that game. Surely he should have rocked up to support us to help avoid the dishonour of which he spoke!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Yakety Sax to be played as they walk around 
    It ought to be addicts to victory.