Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Priority Points…

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    clb74 said:
    Solidgone said:
    Interesting viewpoints. Just pondering the future and probably, incorrectly, applying the award of these priority/loyalty points with the retail business. For example a good trade is now done online which attract loyalty points. And for those living abroad it would be the case of forking out £460 per season should they watch every match. All going to the club. This is more than the cost of a home season ticket. And  being excluded from cheap/free tickets to boot. And with those that live a distance away from The Valley throughout the UK when either travel issues or late nights prevent them from attending the matches. I’m not really sure what the issue that’s against  awarding each viewed match. Do fans that go to away matches gain a certain badge of honour?  But what about older fans that have already trudged up and down the country and back when younger but no longer able to? 
    Is pay per view the future for the lower leagues? 
    Anyway nice discussion. 

All the away fans money doesn't go to the away club. It's split dependant on numbers.
    Fans like me who fork out £400 for a home S/T, also fork out more than that for away games, plus possibly even more than that on train travel.
    I must spend between £1,500 to £2,000 physically attending Charlton games each season, plus beer & food, which  probably adds another £500, so I reckon £2,500 would be a good guess, plus taking up most of every Saturday.
    I also chose not to move too far from The Valley.

£500 for beer and food  you must be nearly as tight as @Elfsb@ElfsborgAddick
    Good point I was thinking of aways, with home games it must be £1k+.
    Between the end of October and Christmas we had away days at Sunderland, Burton, Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Gateshead and Plymouth. 

2 of those required hotel stays if travelling by train as there was no train back after the match, and Shrewsbury required long cab journeys from various midland cities as the trains were buggered. 

It can be a ludicrously expensive hobby and the vast majority of people must think we're absolutely mad for it. 

• Options
    Has anyone said they are against streaming in this discussion?
    Maybe they have.
    I thought fans were generally saying that those streaming, shouldn't get priority for tickets for away games.
    Presumably, that would be priority over fans that do attend away games.
    They have. 
    Of course they shouldn't get priority over people who attend games. 
    There is a valid argument that they should get priority over someone else's spurs supporting mate though. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    clb74 said:
    Solidgone said:
    Interesting viewpoints. Just pondering the future and probably, incorrectly, applying the award of these priority/loyalty points with the retail business. For example a good trade is now done online which attract loyalty points. And for those living abroad it would be the case of forking out £460 per season should they watch every match. All going to the club. This is more than the cost of a home season ticket. And  being excluded from cheap/free tickets to boot. And with those that live a distance away from The Valley throughout the UK when either travel issues or late nights prevent them from attending the matches. I’m not really sure what the issue that’s against  awarding each viewed match. Do fans that go to away matches gain a certain badge of honour?  But what about older fans that have already trudged up and down the country and back when younger but no longer able to? 
    Is pay per view the future for the lower leagues? 
    Anyway nice discussion. 

All the away fans money doesn't go to the away club. It's split dependant on numbers.
    Fans like me who fork out £400 for a home S/T, also fork out more than that for away games, plus possibly even more than that on train travel.
    I must spend between £1,500 to £2,000 physically attending Charlton games each season, plus beer & food, which  probably adds another £500, so I reckon £2,500 would be a good guess, plus taking up most of every Saturday.
    I also chose not to move too far from The Valley.

£500 for beer and food  you must be nearly as tight as @Elfsb@ElfsborgAddick
    Good point I was thinking of aways, with home games it must be £1k+.
    Between the end of October and Christmas we had away days at Sunderland, Burton, Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Gateshead and Plymouth. 

2 of those required hotel stays if travelling by train as there was no train back after the match, and Shrewsbury required long cab journeys from various midland cities as the trains were buggered. 

It can be a ludicrously expensive hobby and the vast majority of people must think we're absolutely mad for it. 

err... yeah. that and rich. Crazy rich bastards.