Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jon De Souza appointed as Men's First-Team Development Coach

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    TEL said:
    Just what we need, even more cooks to spoil the broth. Ridiculous number of back room staff for a league one team. 
    Looking forward to the subs coach and the Throw in coach appointments
    Both genuine roles in football, one at Wimbledon and the other at Liverpool.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/afc-wimbledon-trialling-use-of-substitutions-coach

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/11917674/liverpool-throw-in-coach-thomas-gronnemark-explains-his-role
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    shirty5 said:
    TEL said:
    Just what we need, even more cooks to spoil the broth. Ridiculous number of back room staff for a league one team. 

https://trainingground.guru/articles/afc-wimbledon-trialling-use-of-substitutions-coach

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11669/11917674/liverpool-throw-in-coach-thomas-gronnemark-explains-his-role
    More than aware of that. Why did you think I mentioned it? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Scoham said:
    shirty5 said:
    TEL said:

Fair enough, thought you were joking!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    shirty5 said:
    Scoham said:
    shirty5 said:
    TEL said:

Fair enough, thought you were joking!
    No deadly serious. 
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure if you put the stats of our recent appointments through the black box, the computer would say no.  :/
  • Options
    There's gotta be a bottom to this barrel...  Hold on i'll get my scraper!
  • Options
    Bit damning from the tweeter but I suppose you can make your own early judgement with the video.

Coming from the internationally renowned coach RobLorenz77
    He's got no hair, we don't care... Robbie, Robbie Lorenzzzz (77)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Posting without reading.

one of the requirements of a Cat1 academy is we need to have more coaching staff.  They aren’t all going to be superstars….

Danny Senda, Hamza Serrar, Anthony Hayes - would anyone have got excited at those names?  They are all doing a fantastic job at the club

Let’s give the guy a chance and see how it pans out before lambasting him
    Isn’t that a requirement for the academy teams? Not sure first team roles are relevant? Perhaps they are and why they put development in his title…
  • Options
    We are a league one club. As far as I can see we will attract people who are at clubs at a similar level or those who are in junior roles at clubs higher up the pyramid.

The second group of people will come with little experience and have to learn on the job which isn’t something we can necessarily afford.

The criticism of the Dangerfield appointment is bizarre. He has an operational role that he has done before. 

This De Souza appointment is more worthy of discussion and interrogation. I’m interested in the role he will play and whether this is a position other clubs have within their set up. Until that’s clear and we have had time to see the impact he has then I will reserve judgment. 

Steve Avory was a PE teacher. Anthony Hayes a business graduate. Both have made a positive contribution to the club.

Also of interest to me is that both these appointments have previous connections with Brentford, a club Sandgaard had publicly championed as a model of how a club should be run.
    Lennie Lawrence too
  • Options
    My scepticism, its not criticism, is that this is the latest in a number of people we have employed in the last 18 months to do different, even slightly, jobs to what they have done before. 

It's a long list and actually includes half a dozen players as well. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    I think my eyes are playing tricks on me, I had to read this several times, I read it as cocks spoiling the broth, and thought I’d missed a new daily euphanism on Charlton Life.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    I think my eyes are playing tricks on me, I had to read this several times, I read it as cocks spoiling the broth, and thought I’d missed a new daily euphanism on Charlton Life.
    Don't be ridiculous, it's too many cocks spoil the custard ! .........................  :D
  • Options
    I don't think it's unreasonable to be a bit sceptical at the moment, when you look at the hit rate for external appointments since Thomas took over

Off the field, the likes of Roddy and Mumford (has he contributed much yet, I don't know), plus his son Martin

In terms of coaching roles,
    Adkins - sacked after a few months
    The GK coach Shimell - MacGillivray has hardly been a shining success, is he being coached well? 
    Skiverton - we've not obviously improved since he arrived
  • Options
    I don't think it's unreasonable to be a bit sceptical at the moment, when you look at the hit rate for external appointments since Thomas took over

Off the field, the likes of Roddy and Mumford (has he contributed much yet, I don't know), plus his son Martin

The GK coach Shimell - MacGillivray has hardly been a shining success, is he being coached well? 
    As previously stated, Skiverton was JJ's choice as they did their coaching badges together.
  • Options
    Tommy said at the recent fans forum this role would be taken by someone with experience at higher levels…

That doesn’t read like this guy so I wonder if the original choice pulled out and De Souza was plan B? 
  • Options
    ^^ this. Good we snapped him up quickly though after he departed Colchester ... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As previously stated, Skiverton was JJ's choice as they did their coaching badges together.
    That may have been driven by the wages being offered too
  • Options

Hence Dangerfield & Jokat maybe.
  • Options
    Does he have a long straggly unkempt beard…….just asking?
  • Options

God this nonsense never stops 
  • Options
    Rothko said:

God this nonsense never stops 
    Maybe nonsense, maybe not. Hardly smacks of being 'Premier League ready'
  • Options
    Any news or sightings of this employee?
  • Options
    edited October 2022

• Options
    Like a revolving door...