Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Air Pollution where you live

2»

Comments

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    44 in Stone Bay 
    reckon it’s all made up bollox 
    I don’t think it is.
  • Options
    32 where I am in East Sussex
  • Options
    17 where i live on the north west coast. To balance that out we have sewage regularly pumped out to sea and close proximity to potential fracking.
  • Options
    1 where I am near the Mull of Kintyre. But not too smug as I spend a lot of time in Glasgow and London.
  • Options
    edited April 2022

beat that! (My old address)
  • Options
    6 for sunny Devon, I thought that I would be smug and have the lowest figure, but as I'm half an hour from the coast I note that a wet and windy Mull beats Devon. 

Lovely as Mull is, I'll stick with second best Devon. 

Having said that, the air around here was very bad during foot and mouth burning, so much so that a friend staying from Eltham had to leave at 2am due to a major asthma attack!
  • Options
    62 in Horsham. 

• Options
    91% Lewisham 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    sam3110 said:

beat that! (My old address)
    I'm a 5 minute walk from there and score  8 points less. 🤨
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I put in a postcode in an LTN and got 96 which surprised me. I live on a main road and got 83.
  • Options
    Double the recommended WHO.
    We live 6 doors from the sea front in Hythe Bay,
     Quiet shocked at this:20 mph speed limit, surrounded by parks and open spaces.

Pollutant one: PM2.5

At this address, the annual average of the pollutant PM2.5 is 10.39mcg/m3. The World Health Organization limit is 5mcg/m3. 

This study shows 19.9% of strokes were attributed to exposure (for a year or more) of PM2.5 concentrations exceeding 10mcg/m3. 

PM2.5 can also cause asthma, jeopardize lung functions and promote cancer.

Pollutant two: PM10

The reading for PM10 at this address is 18.45mcg/m3. The limit is 15mcg/m3.

Cardiovascular mortality increases by 0.76% and respiratory mortality by 0.58% for every 10mcg/m3 increase of PM10.

PM10 can cause wheezing, bronchitis and reduce lung development.

Pollutant three: NO2 

The reading for N02 at this address is 16.62mcg/m3. The limit is 10mcg/m3. 

Exposure (for a year or more) to 30mcg leads to a 5.5% increased risk of disease related mortality.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    And yet the DEFRA web site says the forecast for air pollution for the whole of the UK is "Low" for today. https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/

Is someone telling porkies? 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    And yet the DEFRA web site says the forecast for air pollution for the whole of the UK is "Low" for today. https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/

Is someone telling porkies? 
    Low compared to the norm perhaps, but still way above the W.H.O levels
  • Options
    Only 93 in east Dartford, wonder how much of that is down to the Dartford crossing and the inability of the authorities to build a second crossing and the total shambles of traffic management in the area.