Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Ipswich Town vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 30th April 2022 - 12:30 KO

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    Burton 1-1 Wycombe... Yet the latter need to lose by a big scoreline now for Plymouth to regain 6th

The latter are now 5-0 down to Milton Keynes
  • Options
    Wigan going up as Champions.

Finished 5th bottom last season and then SPENT money to turn it all around. Got rid of all the dead wood & rebuilt the whole squad. 

That is what it takes.  
    Wigan signed 9-players for Undisclosed fees this season, we signed 8-players for Undisclosed fees.
    You sure? I thought we'd only bought about 5?
  • Options
    1. 78'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from very close range is blocked.

• Options
    1. 79'

Post update

Foul by Kane Vincent-Young (Ipswich Town).

2. 79'

Post update

Elliot Lee (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options

Finished 5th bottom last season and then SPENT money to turn it all around. Got rid of all the dead wood & rebuilt the whole squad. 

That is what it takes.  
    Wigan signed 9-players for Undisclosed fees this season, we signed 8-players for Undisclosed fees.
    Sorry, two of those did include Roddy and Viggars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season
  • Options
    1. 80'

Post update

Bersant Celina (Ipswich Town) wins a free kick on the left wing.

2. 80'

Post update

Foul by Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    1. 82'

Post update

Foul by Luke Woolfenden (Ipswich Town).

2. 82'

Post update

Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options

84' Close again for Charlton as CBT forces Walton into a scrambling save from close range. #itfc 3 #cafc 0
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    ross1 said:
    Twine scores 4th
    Finishing with 20 goals this season along with 13 assists. Would have been a great signing and still only 22. 
  • Options
    Twine has just got his 4th goal of the DAY.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See the Morgan hate continues despite Dobson has been poor today, Gilby shocking CBT non existant the back 3 so static ( Famewo let's a winger go past him for 2 goals). Stockley just one dimensional.

The performance has been woeful yet certain supporters are so one dimensional in seeing what a player provides.
  • Options
    You have to wonder how the team were prepared for this game.
  • Options
    This is utter shite.
    I hope this is the last I've seen of most of there players in a Charlton shirt again. 
  • Options
    1. 83'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Jake Forster-Caskey.

• Options
    1. 83'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Luke Woolfenden.

• Options

That is what it takes.  
    Sorry, two of those did include Roddy and Viggars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Charlton_Athletic_F.C._season
    I forgot about Aneke to be honest. Either way, your point was valid, we've bought players, and they've been ok generally. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A night in The Venue judging by the performance 
  • Options
    If you get a chance, see the 3rd goal by Bolton, remind me of Jenson goal for us many years ago
  • Options
    1. 85'

Substitution

Substitution, Ipswich Town. James Norwood replaces Macauley Bonne.

• Options
    For some reason thought this game was tomorrow and then couldn't be bothered with the feed once I realised after 10 mins. Am I alone in wanting us to get thrashed in the hope that we can get rid of this ineffective shower of shite and start afresh with a new squad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    It's like Ipswich are playing a group of clothes shop dummies, only the dummies would be more of a threat.
    Losing is one thing, but losing like this is utterly shameful.
    This has been said many times this season. We concede, we lose. Look how few draws we have. This surely indicates an inability to get back into games once we are losing.
    Hmmm. Its not like this has been pointed out over the last couple of seasons is it  
  • Options
    And people want to spunk 500k on Famewo 
  • Options
    Farewell Famewo. You started off as a world beater and have turned into a liability. 

And he thinks he is good enough for the Championship! 
  • Options

85' Just wide! A loose ball falls to Celina, but he drags his effort slightly and it flies inches wide of the target. 3-0 | #itfc
  • Options
    See the Morgan hate continues despite Dobson has been poor today, Gilby shocking CBT non existant the back 3 so static ( Famewo let's a winger go past him for 2 goals). Stockley just one dimensional.

The performance has been woeful yet certain supporters are so one dimensional in seeing what a player provides.
    Let’s be honest, the whole lot of them are a disgrace and have been for a long time now.  When your CDM is your stand out player, you know you are in trouble. 
  • Options
    1. 85'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Sam Morsy (Ipswich Town) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Wes Burns.

• Options
    This is utter shite.
    I hope this is the last I've seen of most of there players in a Charlton shirt again. 
    Unfortunately it won’t be
  • Options
    1. 85'

Post update

Attempt missed. Bersant Celina (Ipswich Town) right footed shot from the centre of the box.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I've managed to get footage of the team meeting prior to this game when Jackson asked for a performance

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!