Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager odds

Comments

• shirty5 said:
    BetVic's prices now

Taylor Evens
    Lennon 2/1
    Beale 8/1
    16/1 bar
    Already looking forward to the meltdown on this forum if Lennon gets the job.
    Imagine 
    Annoyed you posted that before me but I'm just a jealous guy.
  • wmcf123 said:
    AndyG said:
    I really think alot of people are missing the point here. It has been made pretty obvious that it was the type of performances that cost JJ his job the clause on finishing position I'm sure was just a get out. The fact is no matter how anyone tries to dress it up was the performances were shite and there were no signs that anything would change that why JJ went. I think if the performances were better he would have stayed 
    Only substantial improvement in players will lead to better football being played .  
    Or actually playing the players you have in the positions they play ???
  • Ob-La-Di Hell, is this where this thread is going.
  • I am awaiting some kind of list of Lennon’s faults.
  • edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    I am awaiting some kind of list of Lennon’s faults.
    In his later years - choice of eyewear, hairstyle and dress sense are certainly not beyond criticism.
  • seth plum said:
    Faults. Not really sure.
    But would fit the profile.

Somewhat washed up.
    Low stock which would make it easier to get him to take the job.
    And for the afformentioned would allow the owner to have his own say on playing matters.

There
  • edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    Faults. Not really sure.
    But would fit the profile.

Somewhat washed up.
    Low stock which would make it easier to get him to take the job.
    And for the afformentioned would allow the owner to have his own say on playing matters.

There
    He is only 50 has won a league title this decade probably has no actual need to work and is currently living by the beach in Cyprus.  I can't honestly see why he would want the job...... Or the hassle. 
  • Perceived as unexciting, desperate, and compliant at the expense of getting points if necessary?
    My interest doesn’t go very far beyond getting those points.
    If we are failing, and betraying the support, and his excuses/explanations lack credibility, then it might be possible to assume he is a puppet of some kind.
    I would need more information in order to conclude Bowyer, Adkins and Jackson were in some way puppets.

• seth plum said:
    Perceived as unexciting, desperate, and compliant at the expense of getting points if necessary?
    If we are failing, and betraying the support, and his excuses/explanations lack credibility, then it might be possible to assume he is a puppet of some kind.
    I would need more information in order to conclude Bowyer, Adkins and Jackson were in some way puppets.

I would say they weren't.  I would also say that's probably why, in part, they aren’t here any more......
  • Sponsored links:

• Is Alex Ferguson's son still interested?

He might be shit but the players will fall for the sir Alex gimmick gene and may try hard for the 1st 10 league games.

When the next manager gets sacked before the end of next season. I hope we bring back Chris Powell 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Perceived as unexciting, desperate, and compliant at the expense of getting points if necessary?

I would say they weren't.  I would also say that's probably why, in part, they aren’t here any more......
    You may have a case.
    However on the other side Bowyer went to Birmingham (yes, eagerly enough), and Adkins got useless results, and Jacko wasn't a great deal better culminating with the Ipswich debacle.
    Perhaps Sandgaard and his influence expected them to become contortionists in some way, but there are perhaps more prosaic reasons why they aren't here anymore.
  • Where are the manager odds in the William hill app anyone can’t find em?
    Found it.  Taylor 9/2 bet placed 👍🏻 
    Beale still at 6s, we go again 👍🏻 
  • Well Beale is at Villa Park so I doubt it's going to be announced tonight
  • Matt Taylor at vale park for sky 
  • Taylor doesn't appear to show much gravitas on there. He's the quiet one.
    I'll be disappointed if we appoint him, but then I wanted Gritt & Pardew, so what do I know. 
  • Taylor doesn't appear to show much gravitas on there. He's the quiet one.
    I'll be disappointed if we appoint him, but then I wanted Gritt & Pardew, so what do I know. 
    I wouldn’t look too much into how they present. Bowyer was awful on soccer Saturday
  • Not many sites offering odds, just BV and William Hill. Got some money in my PaddyPower account I wouldn’t mind wasting. 
  • edited May 2022
    Aston Villa have posted a squad photo with staff and no Beale. Lots of their fans saying he’s gone to us but also different things saying  he’s gone to a wedding or funeral. 

Looks like wedding stand down 
  • More money in for Taylor this evening he’s gone from evens to 1/2 in the last hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• More money in for Taylor this evening he’s gone from evens to 1/2 in the last hour.
    Still 4/5 with Wills 
  • Bet victor:
    Beale 1/1
    Taylor 2/1

William hill:
    Taylor 8/13
    Beale 3/1

Gone in on the pair of them again on the best odds available respectively.  If it is one of these two there’s some returns to be had people, if it ain’t, you may find me living under under a bus stop in woolwich somewhere 👍🏻 
  • Bet victor:
    Beale 1/1
    Taylor 2/1

William hill:
    Taylor 8/13
    Beale 3/1

Gone in on the pair of them again on the best odds available respectively.  If it is one of these two there’s some returns to be had people, if it ain’t, you may find me living under under a bus stop in woolwich somewhere 👍🏻 
    Good luck, hope you win, with Beale of course.
  • Matt Taylor voted LMA League 2 Manager of the Year this evening. Doesn’t mean a thing for us, but just wanted to add to the thread 😁
  • TelMc32 said:
    Matt Taylor voted LMA League 2 Manager of the Year this evening. Doesn’t mean a thing for us, but just wanted to add to the thread 😁
    Maybe he was waiting to collect this award and add it to his CV 
  • So, if it is to be Ben Garner, as rumoured,  then every single penny taken by the likes of BetVictor goes straight into their satchel by virtue of the fact that he was never available to back in their market.
  • So, if it is to be Ben Garner, as rumoured,  then every single penny taken by the likes of BetVictor goes straight into their satchel by virtue of the fact that he was never available to back in their market.
    “Others on request”
    That’s the small print in the cone tract. 
    “Others on request”
    I am totally aware of that having punted (and layed books) on these markets for over 30 years and was merely stating a fact - anyone now asking for a price on Garner will get a polite "no offers" from BetVictor or that "the book is closed".
    “Others on request”
    I am totally aware of that having punted (and layed books) on these markets for over 30 years and was merely stating a fact - anyone now asking for a price on Garner will get a polite "no offers" from BetVictor or that "the book is closed".
    I never questioned/doubted your experience, but to say he was “never available” is incorrect. 
    A price for him was just a phone call away.