Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC London- Charlton show- 7-8pm

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Regardless what you think,. Sue is apparently close to Jackson. She was adamant that Jackson had NO say on any transfers.

If true that should set alarm bells ringing if nothing else. And it confirms what I've heard/read elsewhere.
    From the moment he hoisted Schwartz into the squad I had my doubts. He's hell bent on picking his own players and playing his own way and will listen to nobody imo.

We could well be f***d.............again!
  • Options
    Very one sided. Not exactly representative to invite someone on who is apparently so close to JJ. Shame Sue won’t renew her season ticket, obviously supports JJ more than she supports the team.
    Isn't her decision not to renew a form of protest against TS, just as many did against RD?
  • Options
    Regardless why you think,. Sue is apparently close to Jackson. She was adamant that Jackson had NO say on any transfers.

If true that should set alarm bells ringing if nothing else. And it confirms what I've heard/read elsewhere.
    From the moment he hoisted Schwartz into the squad I had my doubts. He's hell bent on picking his own players and playing his own way and will listen to nobody imo.

Funny that when people say Adkins had no say in transfer people react differently......
  • Options
    I do wonder if sometimes we are in a CL bubble a lot of the time in regards to the wider fanbase (I don't look at other forums or have any major interaction with the hoy paloy so to speak that may not frequent them) off the back of this piece I feel like my view is marginalised in that sense now, despite feeling that my views have validity. 
    Those i know who are not on CL have not had confidence in Sandgaard  for a while and I would say this forum is a very pro Sandgaard bubble in the main.

He's talked a lot and pulled out a lot off naff gimmicks but now needs to deliver beyond PR and soundbites.

The reason I point it out is i remember a period of time where it was discussed on here during the early ish days of RD where it was mentioned that a lot of people in the stands that were perhaps not represented on the forums were very patient of him and perhaps didn't share CL's robust (and ultimately correct) view - there is a certain irony there that things (purely off the basis of pieces such as this) appears to have switched?
  • Options
    Regardless why you think,. Sue is apparently close to Jackson. She was adamant that Jackson had NO say on any transfers.

As others said this all adds in to what karl robinson said after the match about conditions jackson is having to work under and noone having a clue… hmmmmmm
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    roseandcrown said:
    He wants high pressing? So, now the chairman is a coach who understands tactics....I don't know why he's talking about tactics. It worries me...He's employing his son who has no football background" - Paul Mortimer on @BBCLondonSport #cafc
    I know you’re paraphrasing but personally I think that’s a load of codswallop. A totally unbalanced view from Morts. I don’t think Sandgaard is any different to the vast majority of Charlton supporters who go and watch the team every Saturday, week in, week out. He sees what we see. We see that 352 doesn’t work. We see that our players don’t press enough, aren’t fit enough, get outplayed, out thought by so-called inferior clubs and their managers. We see that Jackson has been blind to changing formations and tactics. He’s (Sandgaard) not a master tactician. He just sees it the way I see it and my mates Vic, Jason, Keith and John see it. We’ve been absolute shit this last season and it’s been down to Jackson. Glad he’s gone 
    '
    Our ignorance has little bearing over the going concern of the club.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

IF Sue is to be believed & as someone I've known for some years ( not as a close friend though) I have no reason whatsoever to think otherwise, then we are up sh*t creek without the proverbial.

The above would confirm that TS is a control freak IMO and, as such, no manager will be allowed to, well, manage at our club. 

Clearly , that doesn't auger well for the wellbeing & sanity of any manager that he employs....because he will be looking for a "yes man". Forget about Roy Keane. Forget about Neil Harris. Forget about the majority of applicants who have anything resembling a backbone. And they'll invariably learn the hard way....

Sue could never be called a shrinking violet & it sounds as though she was determined to tell it like it is tonight ; to give the "other side" of the story - the Jacko side. 

I know which side I believe.
    I understand where you are coming from, but something I do have personal experience of to a big degree, is that anyone in a management role on a day to day basis (regardless of vocation) has to have a little bit of so called "political" nouse when it comes to dealing with higher ups - managing expectations, cojouling them to a certain degree, selling them on the overall goal and how to get there (it's always been called "managing upwards" to me but you get the idea) - its part of the day to day in many companies - I think part of the issue (not the whole part I have other issues with the management style of JJ) he just didn't know how to deal with that side of things - probably lack of experience - that doesn't mean that nobody else has those skill sets - i'd argue that whoever ultimately gets the managers job will have to either have that skill or learn it fast - someone like Keane probably has too big of an ego to do that, so I agree he and Harris are out.  That's not necessarily a bad thing though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Sue, Sue Towsend and how would she know the ins and outs in detail?
  • Options
    Well, that's not who I believe is the Radio London Sue.
  • Options
    Sue gallop I believe 
  • Options
    It is a lady called Sue Gallop who was/ occasionally is on Charlton Live.  They say her name in the intro.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    I wished I didn’t listen to this, I’m even more worried now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well it appears that he certainly didn't want the two loans that came in in January.

Someone call the police, there's a car crash at Floyd Road SE7 
  • Options
    It is a lady called Sue Gallop who was/ occasionally is on Charlton Live.  They say her name in the intro.
    Yes Sue Gallop, she used to work at the club until few years ago.

She is close to Jackson, I'd fully believe her though on the transfer matter. I've said it for a long while now, TS is simply a softer version of RD. I'll eat my hat If we aren't in a relegation battle next year .......
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Chunes said:
    That was a bit of a hit job

Not really, do you want him to get someone in quickly? Because thats what I said. Louis also said that if he was going to do it then this is the "right" time. Let's face it there's never a right time and yes I'm gutted he's gone, he was the one consistent thing through the years of madness.
    As I said, It's Thomas's club, I hope he makes the right decision, one we can all get behind. I hope he brings in someone with experience to get us out of this league.
    So if it’s Thomas’ club I assume we’re back to being bit part customers.
    🤷🏻
  • Options
    A very fair set of opinions on that show. Ex pros, journos, with acknowledgement of split views in fan base. Morts was spot on. 
  • Options
    agreed with nearly all of what Morts said apart from his suggestion of bringing Curbs in as consultant. If that happens we'll never get rid of Gilbey.  ;)
  • Options
    Just listening now, makes it sound as if we've sacked him having won the league. Nowhere near a balanced view of what the fanbase thinks.

I think the concerns aired around TS are fair, but the stuff about Jackson was far too biased.
  • Options
    Great quote by Louis - "He's not a football man. Just cos he owns the club it doesn't mean he knows how these things work. I own a house that has a bathroom, it doesn't make me a plumber."