Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Golf Day 2022

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but couldn’t find the golf one ( if one exists ). Anyone on here interested in golf would probably like to know that to much derision yesterday, the Charlton golf day was won by a 24 handicapper with a total on 51 points. The only other person who has ever achieved these type of figure is Donald Trump.
The person who came second carded 44 points. Great to see Rob Lee playing.

Comments

• 51 points, nearly finished above Charlton, bandit. 
  • masicat said:
    Didn’t want to start a new thread for this, but couldn’t find the golf one ( if one exists ). Anyone on here interested in golf would probably like to know that to much derision yesterday, the Charlton golf day was won by a 24 handicapper with a total on 51 points. The only other person who has ever achieved these type of figure is Donald Trump.
    It was at the London Club from memory ?

That is shocking, claiming a 24 handicap and getting 51 points - shameful

I played a golf day a few years ago at Leatherhead - not as difficult as London Club by any means, but a challenge non the less - winner, off 28 handicap, got 49 points - nobody clapped when he got up to collect his prize + he also won nearest the pin !!!

Really pisses me off when people in effect cheat like that

Our client golf day at Tandridge a few years ago was won by a client playing off 15 (he claimed) with 48 points and longest drive - ok I thought, he’s had a good day - Tandridge is not easy

The next year he turns up, 15 handicap, wins again with 48 points, longest drive and nearest the pin - he was in 4 ball in front of my group - no way was he 15 handicap - I reckon he was 4 or 5 handicap

He caused such a stink, even other clients complained - he is now banned from attending
  • masicat said:

I played a golf day a few years ago at Leatherhead - not as difficult as London Club by any means, but a challenge non the less - winner, off 28 handicap, got 49 points - nobody clapped when he got up to collect his prize + he also won nearest the pin !!!

Our client golf day at Tandridge a few years ago was won by a client playing off 15 (he claimed) with 48 points and longest drive - ok I thought, he’s had a good day - Tandridge is not easy

The next year he turns up, 15 handicap, wins again with 48 points, longest drive and nearest the pin - he was in 4 ball in front of my group - no way was he 15 handicap - I reckon he was 4 or 5 handicap

He caused such a stink, even other clients complained - he is now banned from attending
    Definitely with you on this. Grinds my gears when you turn up to an event & bandits claim to be off 20-something & then drive the ball 300 yards straight down the middle. 

I had the unfortunate experience to work with a guy who took us to play at his Club (Stock Brook Manor in Essex) and on turning up he told us not to call him by his name but by the name of "Jim" as he took over "Jim's" membership & handicap..........so enters Club competitions playing off 14 when he was a decent single figure handicaper. 

The fact he was also knobbing one of our female colleagues into the bargain when married added to my dislike of him. 

• masicat said:
    I may be mistaken but the winner was the guy from Pacific Cleaning I think
  • 51 points!!! At a challenging course as well. Love to have heard the banter at that presentation!

i can’t remember the last time I hit 30
  • I’m assuming I’m right that it was London Club ??

If I am, and it was on the Heritage Course, it’s even worse - I drive a fair length off the tee, but there are par 4’s on the Heritage that I haven’t got a hope of getting on the green in 2 on

Mind you, The International course there is no slouch either - the front 9 par 3 over the lake is a killer, and there is a par 4 on the back 9 where only the bravest try and go for the green in 2 over the lake, and another par 3 back 9 where a big lake is waiting for your ball right of the green (I actually prefer The International)
  • masicat said:

Definitely with you on this. Grinds my gears when you turn up to an event & bandits claim to be off 20-something & then drive the ball 300 yards straight down the middle. 

I had the unfortunate experience to work with a guy who took us to play at his Club (Stock Brook Manor in Essex) and on turning up he told us not to call him by his name but by the name of "Jim" as he took over "Jim's" membership & handicap..........so enters Club competitions playing off 14 when he was a decent single figure handicaper. 

The fact he was also knobbing one of our female colleagues into the bargain when married added to my dislike of him. 

We have agreed on something 😳😳

I’m going for a lay down……
  • 51 points!!! At a challenging course as well. Love to have heard the banter at that presentation!

It is possible for a genuine 28 handicapper to have the round of his or her life and bag say 46 points (playing to 18) - but a genuine 24 handicapper indicates some experience and no way should they be getting 51 points playing to 9 - especially on a long, challenging course.

I'm very happy with anything 30 or above.
  • Haha. That is a proper liberty. 

Kim Jong-Un wouldn’t even get that many. 
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
    Hearing someone got 51 points has upset me more than JJ leaving. That’s a disgrace!
  • masicat said:

• bobmunro said:
    51 points!!! At a challenging course as well. Love to have heard the banter at that presentation!

It is possible for a genuine 28 handicapper to have the round of his or her life and bag say 46 points (playing to 18) - but a genuine 24 handicapper indicates some experience and no way should they be getting 51 points playing to 9 - especially on a long, challenging course.

I'm very happy with anything 30 or above.
    I agree to an extent, however your average club golfer will not have the experience of playing on a course like London Club - it’s a different world - whilst the fairways are a joy, the rough is brutal (time of year dependent of course), the bunkers are often like bomb holes & expertly placed, the greens are like putting on a glass table, there is lots of water right next to greens, the length of some of the holes is horrendous, even slightly off on a par 3 from the tee and you are toast etc etc

Courses like that have been designed to thwart professionals, so (I believe) even a 28 handicapper, having the round of their life, would be doing well to get over 30

We used to hold our client golf day at London Club - used Heritage for 2 years, but clients complained that whilst it’s an amazing course, it’s too difficult - so we switched to International, but again the consensus was it’s too difficult - so we use Tandridge now (lovely course, not easy, but more forgiving + the food is superb, I would go there just for the food to be honest !!)

It’s a few years ago since we used London Club, but there was never a winning score over 36 points - I think best was 34, and that was a single handicapper

One year a client only scored 9 points over 18 holes of the Heritage 😱😱
  • edited May 2022
    Had a society day last year on the Heritage course at the London Club, 

Anyone playing in their first event is not allowed to win it or gain a cash prize for finishing in the top 3. Nearest the pins and longest drives you are allowed to win. 

New lad turns up and scores 44 points off a 10 handicap. Fella understood the rules of our society and turned up to the next one at Littlestone where his new society handicap was announced as 3.

• shirty5 said:

Anyone playing in their first event is not allowed to win it or gain a cash prize for finishing in the top 3. Nearest the pins and longest drives you are allowed to win. 

New lad turns up and scores 44 points off a 10 handicap. Fella understood the rules of our society and turned up to the next one at Littlestone where his new society handicap was announced as 3.

Cracking course Littlestone - that’s a difficult course as well
  • shirty5 said:

Let me guess - he didn't win!
  • edited May 2022
    I would play, i dont have a handicap but played at 36 a couple of years back and got around 20 points irrc.

I go a few months a year playing weekly to not so much in the winter, be good to meet a few of you and/or players/legends 
  • bobmunro said:
    shirty5 said:

Let me guess - he didn't win!
    Finished 4th in gale force conditions. He’s a good player and a nice lad, Robert
  • I would play, i dont have a handicap but played at 36 a couple of years back and got around 20 points irrc.

I go a few months a year playing weekly to not so much in the winter, be good to meet a few of you and/or players/legends 
    36? Was you off the ladies tees? 
  • masicat said:
    Yes a little disappointed couldn’t get in last year, they said they would call for this years…. No call so missed out again. A lad at work went which rubbed it in a bit!!😂. Maybe next year, there wasn’t much info released about it either. Is it a bit of a closed shop?.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    I would play, i dont have a handicap but played at 36 a couple of years back and got around 20 points irrc.

36? Was you off the ladies tees? 
    I was playing normal tees, but as it was with work they said 36 would be apt based on the fact i normally get around 115 on a average/good day so used a ladies hadicap
  • My son got 34 points and thought he had a chance. Ha Ha, he was way off. Apparently the banter was hilarious.
  • paulfox said:
    masicat said:
    Yes a little disappointed couldn’t get in last year, they said they would call for this years…. No call so missed out again. A lad at work went which rubbed it in a bit!!😂. Maybe next year, there wasn’t much info released about it either. Is it a bit of a closed shop?.
    Bit of closed shop then?😂😂👍 sorry if I asked the wrong question😬🤣
  • I play off 28,78 years old,I scored 34 points at Southern Valley last week,a few months ago I played at the London Club International,and got 24,and very pleased to get that,51 points off of 24 handicap is really taking the piss,guy should be ashamed of himself.
  • Never played either of the London Club courses, would love to play there one day 

About 20 years ago.
  • 51 points at the London club is borderline embarrassing, it's rare for anyone over a 10 handicap to even play to their handicap, it can be a very unforgiving and a brutal course if you leave the fairway which a true 24 handicapper will probably 50% of the time from the tee.

Total bandit.
  • My best round at London Club off the whites is 37 points when I was off 8.

I'm now 5.6 whs so probably a 7 off the whites and I can't imagine EVER shooting - 8 GROSS anywhere let alone there.

He should have been prevented winning the prizes as he's obviously a cheat!
  • Never played either of the London Club courses, would love to play there one day 
    Nothing special & very overpriced. Kent courses (for that it what it is) are some of the worst around, apart from the links ones of course. Much better further afield -  Sussex & even Surrey I might add.

But you cant beat Wales or Scotland for a decent cheap course.
  • Who organises these days?

The club?

FPA?