Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAST survey results - Confidence in Thomas Sandgaard declines

edited May 2022 in General Charlton
CAST annual survey shows a decline in confidence in Thomas Sandgaard

https://www.castrust.org/2022/05/cast-survey-confidence-in-sandgaard-declines/

Comments

• This doesn’t surprise me at all
  • To be expected after the season we have had. He still has the support of the vast majority of fans, and quite rightly so.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    The most obvious result in the survey (but will ignored by many) is the 4% who show a genuine interest in the womans team. We are a 3rd division club and yet we have gone full time with a womans team who get average gates in the low hundreds. The only a game at The Valley with a lot of advertising and get a gate of 700.

We should have a womans team but its bonkers we have a full time one.

Will the trust be talking to the club about this?
    Don't we play in the second tier? (Championship)

Are you OK with them being pro if so? 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    The most obvious result in the survey (but will ignored by many) is the 4% who show a genuine interest in the womans team. We are a 3rd division club and yet we have gone full time with a womans team who get average gates in the low hundreds. The only a game at The Valley with a lot of advertising and get a gate of 700.

The mens team play in the third tier is what I presume Johnny was eluding to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnnyH2 said:

We need to live somewhere within our means. How many of the other 3rd tier clubs have a full time womans team?

How many of the other 23 3rd tier clubs lose at least £8m a year have a full time womans team.

How many games have supporters have paid full price  for this season for the Woman?

I watch fair amount of womans football, but there has to be some realism with this.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

We are 3rd tier
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Am I confident he has the best of intentions?  Yes.

Am I confident he will get it right, on the pitch, eventually? Probably.

Am I confident the current set up he has will work in the short to medium term?  Unfortunately not.
    I'm starting to move towards view he wont get it right eventually at all. I do still think he has good intentions up to a point, because having good intentions means also listening to people and taking advice, but if he doesn't then we are bang in trouble. 
  • The honeymoon is over and now the realism is kicking in 
  • edited May 2022
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

We are 3rd tier
    Ah... I was referring to the Women's team being 2nd tier, which makes it appropriate for them to be pro, as far as I can tell

I now get your point about a men's third tier team supporting the cost of a 2nd tier Women's team...

I see it as a smart investment in a fast growing area of sport which will attract more fans for Charlton Athletic in general...

It seems like an obscure thing to be focusing on in the context of all that is going on to me. Is this something you have been focusing on a lot? Do you get much support with it?

Out of interest, how much does the Women's team cost Sangaard? 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

We are 3rd tier
    Ah... I was referring to the Women's team being 2nd tier, which makes it appropriate for them to be pro, as far as I can tell

I now get your point about a men's third tier team supporting the cost of a 2nd tier Women's team...

I see it as a smart investment in a fast growing area of sport which will attract more fans for Charlton Athletic in general...

It seems like an obscure thing to be focusing on in the context of all that is going on to me. Is this something you have been focusing on a lot? Do you get much support with it?

The trust ask a handful of questions and this was the biggest negative they got. How is that obscure in the context of what the thread is about?
  • I think this is a complete irrelevance right now.

It simply has no purpose. It really is a case of glass half full or half empty which ever way but let the guy organise the set up and hope that he has learned some lessons from last season
  • Sponsored links:

• UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Am I confident the current set up he has will work in the short to medium term?  Unfortunately not.
    I'm starting to move towards view he wont get it right eventually at all. I do still think he has good intentions up to a point, because having good intentions means also listening to people and taking advice, but if he doesn't then we are bang in trouble. 
    Well he recently said he's stubborn, he does things his way & he's too old to change.

He also said that running a football club is easy, he's a successful business man & doesn't intend employing experienced football people.

Based on that I would say we are bang in trouble.

Once he decides enough is enough what happens then ? What has he got to sell ? Who will buy a Football Club without a ground or training facilities. I would say we are definitely bang in trouble.  

• JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

We are 3rd tier

The trust ask a handful of questions and this was the biggest negative they got. How is that obscure in the context of what the thread is about?
    I see very little connection between only 4% of trust members having a keen interest in the women's team and a "declining confidence in Sangaard" 

It's no real surprise that not many supporters of the men's team are interested in the women's and I don't see that lack of interest as a reason for the support to be discontinued or for there to be any negative perception of the owner for providing it. As I say,  it seems like like smart investment to me.

And...yeah... this still feels like an obscure line to take in the context of the subject title...
  • Well, I guess the alternative is a great thing for some - no Charlton Athletic at all - because ‘shit for brains’ that is what was stampeding over the hill

Over and out 
    Less than 5 ccomments in. Fuck sake
  • This man has spent a lot of money to become the custodian of our club and although he made some over ambitious predictions I still feel we will improve over time. 
    We should be careful not to dampen his enthusiasm. 
    The longer we stay in this division will dampen his bank account regardless of what we may say about him. 
  • edited May 2022
    UEAAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Well he recently said he's stubborn, he does things his way & he's too old to change.

He also said that running a football club is easy, he's a successful business man & doesn't intend employing experienced football people.

Based on that I would say we are bang in trouble.

Once he decides enough is enough what happens then ? What has he got to sell ? Who will buy a Football Club without a ground or training facilities. I would say we are definitely bang in trouble.  

I agree he hasn't been listening to people and doesn't look like he wants too that's why I don't think we can fully say he has shown good intentions yet. 
  • Uboat said:
    Well, I guess the alternative is a great thing for some - no Charlton Athletic at all - because ‘shit for brains’ that is what was stampeding over the hill

Over and out 
    Declining confidence isn’t the same as saying we don’t want him and aren’t grateful for what he did, so maybe hold fire with the playground insults. 
    Playground insults !!!

It was reality - we were going down the pan - bust - gone - end of

Ridiculous comment