Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations to Sunderland

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, congrats Sunderland. Saw a lot of them about today up town. My daughter's annoyed as she takes the same view as @mendonca
  • Options
    Did exactly the same, really pleased for them. 
  • Options
    I’m in Marylebone at the moment and have been congratulating the Sunderland fans on their win. Also adding that I’m a Charlton fan and that we will se them again after next season. 
  • Options
    Good for Sunderland.  The club, their fans and their stadium will grace the championship far more than Wycombe in their strange little ground at the fag end of a low grade industrial estate.  Look forward to playing them again before too long.
  • Options
    Yep pleased for them. they’ve suffered enough.
    Damn who will we beat in the playoff final next year!!
  • Options
    Yep,well done The Mackem’s great set of fans so chuffed,enjoy ur championship journey,obvs a wee bit jealous,but let’s hope we are able to get the chance to join them asap…then have the mother of all playoffs again for the Premier league…

We’re coming for you…!!!..😉
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Kap10 said:
    Yep pleased for them. they’ve suffered enough.
    Damn who will we beat in the playoff final next year!!
    I think we’re either going to breeze through this division next season, we won’t need to go to Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've done their time. Happy to see them finally get out of this shit league and enjoy a day at Wembley.

Congrats Mackems.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    2 years ago there was a video of a crying young Mackem congratulating our fans, I hope he went today.
    I was thinking that myself whilst watching the game and particularly at the end. 
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    2 years ago there was a video of a crying young Mackem congratulating our fans, I hope he went today.
    Poor kid, it took him a year to get over it
  • Options
    We're stuffed next season, as we usually clinch promotion against Sunderland at Wembley, or at Carlisle!
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Poor kid, it took him a year to get over it
    Oh yeah, 3 years ago. Getting old.
  • Options
    Well done Sunderland. I was surprised this season, as I expected their new owners to outspend everyone else, but on balance they've done it fairly conservatively, when compared to Wigan and Ipswich
  • Options
    Yep, well done Mackems. Would be a bit churlish to wish them anything but the best today. 
  • Options
    Congrats to Sunderland. Felt Wycombe got exposed for being the pile of shit they are so that was an added bonus. 

Alex Neil changed that team!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes well done Sunderland. Far too big a club to be in this league.
  • Options
    I was at the game. As soon as Wycombe tried to take the game to Sunderland, Sunderland picked them off. Only one team in it except for a brief spell when Sunderland sat back. No question which side deserved to go up and which one might be ordinary next season. Stewart up front for Sunderland looked a handful; he’d do us.
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Wycombe we’re so shit
    Is that meant to read:

"Wycombe!, we're so shit!". (A truism if I ever read one!) 

Or 
    "Wycombe were so shit"?  (Equally true!) 

• Options
    Well done Sunderland. Whole of Trafalgar Sq was packed full of Mackems today. It was like Brexit all over again! 
  • Options
    BodBod
    edited May 2022
    Excellent stuff- the Sunderland fans deserve this, they are a great bunch and I’m very happy for them, I reckon they can make a good go of it in the Championship.
  • Options
    Really pleased they managed to get it over the line. Good luck to them.
  • Options
    Happy for them. Having come away from Wembley on my own in 1998, I thought I'd get some stick at the station coming back north to Sheffield in my colours. All. Sunderland were class and no hard feelings. Always felt a soft spot for their fans since.

• Options
    Genuinely really pleased for them. On both occasions we beat them in playoff finals, I found them to be the friendliest , most humble group of football fans I've ever met.

Good luck to them
  • Options
    Pleased for them. In a sea of shithouse corporate fans amongst the big clubs, of which they are, they had grace and good humour both times we beat them at Wembley. A proper football club. 
  • Options
    Just on route back from London. Saw a number of red and white stripes.

I let it be known to a Sunderland Phil Mitchell fan that I'm Charlton and I'm happy for them. 

I was expecting a gaze of anger and piss taking, but he was a friendly chap who understandably didn't really care about bumping into a Charlton fan after winning the play off final