Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations to Sunderland

13»

Comments

• Options
    What they have shown is that you have to play musical chairs with managers to a degree and wait for the right one. And in their case, it has been a long wait. You can make educated, researched appointments but some work and some don't. Ideally you have a situation where you can act quickly when they fail and try something else. What I have observed with us is that we have acted slowly when something is clearly failing and in the case of Jacko, too quickly when he hadn't failed yet.
  • Options
    Really pleased for them... They owe Brentford a massive favour though for ending the Red and White stripes curse in the Play-Offs last season though.

Although Sunderland have now broken the North East curse at Wembley though - Think thats their first win there since the FA Cup in the 1970s, whilst no clubs from that region have won since the 90s I think
  • Options
    Happy for them, Sunderland fans seemed a humble bunch when we beat at Wembley and in various league games.

Charlton Twitter a weird place at the moment. Apparently you’re double ‘ard if you’re not happy for other teams, odd balls.  
  • Options
    Pleased for Sunderland, Top Club,Top Fans, Great part of the country.
    Hope to meet them in the Championship real soon!!!!
  • Options
    Delighted for the Black Cats yesterday.

🐈‍⬛👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Hopefully the decent section of the owners can buy the dodgy lot out and the club can progress from yesterday's promotion. They have served their time for sure. As mentioned before their support is up there with the best there is and they deserve it
  • Options
    Really pleased for them... They owe Brentford a massive favour though for ending the Red and White stripes curse in the Play-Offs last season though.

Although Sunderland have now broken the North East curse at Wembley though - Think thats their first win there since the FA Cup in the 1970s, whilst no clubs from that region have won since the 90s I think
    They won the Pizza Trophy last year I think?
  • Options
    Congratulations to Sunderland. I will never forget leaving Wembley in 1998 feeling elated and guilty at the same time.  I couldn't tell you how much deflated I would have been had we lost on penalties. Despite their loss and the pain and hurt they were feeling Sunderland fans clapped us, we hugged them and wished them well next season. Their was a lot of mutual respect between us and what we have gone through. It was an epic day. Everyone was speechless and exhausted.  Then 3 years ago in 2019, (OMG I am tearful now), there was a young boy crying his eyes out but was shaking Charlton fans on out win.  That it is what football is about.  I hope we get to play them again sometime (but please not in a play off as my hear couldn't take that any longer). 
  • Options
    Congratulations Sunderland glad you done it this time 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bumped into a couple of them in Croydon late Saturday night, they were more than happy to shake the hand and wished us good luck next season. 
  • Options
    What they have shown is that you have to play musical chairs with managers to a degree and wait for the right one. And in their case, it has been a long wait. You can make educated, researched appointments but some work and some don't. Ideally you have a situation where you can act quickly when they fail and try something else. What I have observed with us is that we have acted slowly when something is clearly failing and in the case of Jacko, too quickly when he hadn't failed yet.
    I think they sort of chanced upon Alex Neil too, just happened to be the bloke out of work at the right time.

Proper manager though, really rate him.
  • Options
    I think they sort of chanced upon Alex Neil too, just happened to be the bloke out of work at the right time.

Proper manager though, really rate him.
    It is how it works at this level. You do have to chance on the right manager. I am not sure Sandgaard understands that so I hope the manager we finally get in works out or we probably won't be able to sack him and chance on the next manager.
  • Options
    What a load of rubbish. You don't just change managers and finally 'chance on the right manager.'

You run the club properly, keep a manager who's proven himself, and get in the right players.

The most successful clubs are those that don't change managers every season.
  • Options
    What a load of rubbish. You don't just change managers and finally 'chance on the right manager.'

You run the club properly, keep a manager who's proven himself, and get in the right players.

They binned Lee Johnson, in December.
  • Options

It took them 7 managers (3 caretakers) to get promoted out of league 1 
  • Options
    They would have been far better off if they had stuck with the one that played boring shite and repeatedly played players out of position in the vague hope that it will come good in the end 😂😂😂
  • Options

I wasn't referring to Sunderland. After all, they are a club well out of place in the 3rd division, and it's still taken them four years. 

Besides Lee Johnson left when they were just as high up in the league so what does that prove? It's not like the new manager got them automatic promotion. It could even be argued that they finished so high thanks to Johnson.

• Options
    AndyG said:
    They would have been far better off if they had stuck with the one that played boring shite and repeatedly played players out of position in the vague hope that it will come good in the end 😂😂😂
    If you're referring to Charlton and JJ then I think with sensible owners he would have succeeded given a couple of seasons, yes 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    If you're referring to Charlton and JJ then I think with sensible owners he would have succeeded given a couple of seasons, yes 
    We all have our opinions mate that's what's good about football. I sort of agree with you as I think he would have been successful in the end as well and hot promotion but I think it would have been grim league 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really pleased for them,would not have been so happy if Johnson would have been there.