Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Moaners on Twitter and the new breed of fan…

13»

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Jesus fucking Christ I just checked Charlton Twitter. Morons. Crybabies, halfwits, morons. We are a sorry fucking lot
    I've never been on Twitter and the more I read posts like this I think I made the correct decision. 
  • Options
    I’d stay off Twitter today. Some absolute morons about. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    iaitch said:
    Well if Dave12345 is cancelling so will I!!

Good.
    People need to be showing Dave's more respect and take a Twitter moan Dave more seriously. We won't stand for it.

Rise of the planet... of the Dave's
    this.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dave2l said:
    iaitch said:

Good.
    People need to be showing Dave's more respect and take a Twitter moan Dave more seriously. We won't stand for it.

Hes about 10,000 more Davids then you. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Jesus fucking Christ I just checked Charlton Twitter. Morons. Crybabies, halfwits, morons. We are a sorry fucking lot
    I've never been on Twitter and the more I read posts like this I think I made the correct decision. 
    Good choice, I took a peek and fuck me its a sad place. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dave2l said:
    iaitch said:

Good.

In 1979 my band supported a group called The Dave, in a pub in Clapham. 
    All four of them were called Dave. They went into a huddle on arrival in the dressing room, and one of them called out, “Get out of your suits, and into your jeans, and LET’S GO!!” 
    The Dave.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Good choice, I took a peek and fuck me its a sad place. 
    As a cycling fan I have a Twitter cycling account, and I follow cycling news accounts, cycling journalists, and a few pro cyclists & teams. Have never seen any trolling there, so Twitter’s not all awful. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dave2l said:
    iaitch said:

Good.

All four of them were called Dave. They went into a huddle on arrival in the dressing room, and one of them called out, “Get out of your suits, and into your jeans, and LET’S GO!!” 
    The Dave.
    Was it The Bread & Roses?
  • Options

Dave2l said:
    iaitch said:

Good.

this.
    Hmm...I think you may be biased here!

• Options
    The whole of social media is toxic. I enjoyed football alot more when social media was not around and I'm only 37. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Numbers is manifest! Lock up your season tickets! 
  • Options
    The whole of social media is toxic. I enjoyed football alot more when social media was not around and I'm only 37. 

Ah, instant respect for a Dave.

You are correct. Social media is toxic....but it was created by people. It is maintained and used by people.

It causes problems but it also generates solutions to problems.

I don't use any of it as it serves no purpose in my life.

I think the danger of it is painful loneliness....and for people to see social media as a quick fix for a problem of that kind.

A large proportion of it can bring out the worst in people and it can have a addictive nature to it.

To the embarrassment of....the social animal.

To the disappointment of the Dave
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

You're using it now!
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dave2l said:
    iaitch said:

Good.

The Dave.
    Was it The Bread & Roses?
    It was the 101 Club @hawksmoor. 101 St John's Hill, Clapham, up the road from Clapham Junction.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

You're using it now!

Charlton life's not a global brand like Instagram etc.

It's a bro Charlton supporting message board
  • Options
    There is always somebody who says Charlton Life is social media.
    Like AFKA is as rich as Eltham Zuckerbezos.

• Options
    Leuth said:
    You said morons twice…why?🕵🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You said morons twice…why?🕵🏻‍♂️
    Maybe he meant Mormons? 🤔
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Because, you know... It is. AFKA's secret billions or not.
  • Options
    Angry idiots have always been a thing, it’s just before social network you didn’t hear them so much because they don’t like humiliating themselves in real life.  

Social network has just given them a platform to write nonsense and look good in front of friends (or pen pals in some respects) for likes and attention, I’m on Twitter but if it were closed tomorrow I’d be happy.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Swisdom said:
    I follow a lot of cafc fans Twitter accounts and don’t recognise any of these names.  Probably because they are nobheads

Twitter is a cess pit it really is
    Same here - onanisers.
  • Options
    This made me laugh. Moaning about no pre season arranged, moaning about no transfers, moaning about no manager, then has a pop at Charlton fans moaning.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I wouldn't be too confident about calling them "a new breed of fan"

Way back in time, when we emerged from Selhurst, we also had an emerging Charlton social media. We had the Voice of the Valley, and other fanzines, and we also had the RTM radio phone in show. A young fan called Jonathan Acworth wrote profuse and generally bat-shit crazy letters to the Voice, which @Airman Brown duly published. Mark Mansfield was less ready to let him on air, but it was generally agreed that he was batty but basically harmless and we should try to just stay out of his way. And I completely forgot about him until about a year ago, when  I discovered that 30 years later, he is on Twitter and (some) people take him very seriously indeed.

You will therefore not be surprised at all to hear that Jonathan has founded CATS. The Coalition Against Thomas Sandgaard. However if like me initially, you are inclined to remind Jonathan that a Coalition requires at least two members in order to justify the title, I respectfully and with some foreboding draw your attention to the number of followers his account currently has. 

https://twitter.com/Jonathanacwort7?s=20&t=fijKRWVDfMXuGlmPmycS_w

• Options
    I knew this day would come 
  • Options
    Not long until he becomes king
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2022
    Its easy to block / mute characters like Ackworth on Twitter. I am not sure they are not just a made up character created as a wind up in any case 🎣. Its best to ignore. 

About  twitter moaners - there are way more people moaning about about people complaining than actual people generally complaining (like a stone dropped into a pond creating ripples). It is often very difficult to discern what the original complaint was amongst all the general moaning about people complaining. 
    The person with one criticism can get distorted, picked up & is then generalised onto the whole of the fan base.  They are idiots on Twitter but the generalising & exaggeration can be just as irritating. 

Social media can have positive impacts but is designed by very clever technical people, who use behavioural psychology expertise to hook & addict. The techniques are powerful & those that design it find it difficult to resist as well. 

The aim to get as much of your attention as possible so advertisers can sell you stuff or gather information on you to sell to advertisers. General rule is if your not paying for the product, you are the product. 

Social dilemma documentary on Netflix is worth checking out if you want to understand how it works. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

You're using it now!

Charlton life's not a global brand like Instagram etc.

It's a bro Charlton supporting message board
    But it is still social media.

That you think it's supportive just disproves your argument that social media all toxic.
    (Not that CL isn't toxic at times too)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    seth plum said:

Because, you know... It is. AFKA's secret billions or not.
    Like the amount of money generated stops it being social media?

Charlton Life IS social media, get over it.

• Options
    I would never have guessed (your age).