Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are you expecting this transfer window?

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm hoping everything will fall into place and a few good signings will come good, manager/coaches need to be in place asap obviously but things can change and quickly, never say never but a fair bit of money needs to be spent so I hope TS is ready.
    Not necessarily, if we got 4 or 5 players of the level of Taylor, Pratley, Cullen and Beilke in it would make a massive difference and none of them cost a fee.
    Although no way you're getting the likes of Cullen and Bielik without paying a loan fee. Hasn't there also been rumours Sandgaard doesn't like paying loan fees? But yes, there will be a few decent freebies out there if we can get a manager in quick and offer some decent wages. 

I think we'll get similar to last summer, couple of decent players for next to nothing, couple of good ones (on paper at least) for a fee and a few gambles on loan. 
  • Options
    Lots of pessimism, moaning and premature evaluation
    Business as usual then! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I'm hoping everything will fall into place and a few good signings will come good, manager/coaches need to be in place asap obviously but things can change and quickly, never say never but a fair bit of money needs to be spent so I hope TS is ready.
    Not necessarily, if we got 4 or 5 players of the level of Taylor, Pratley, Cullen and Beilke in it would make a massive difference and none of them cost a fee.
    Although no way you're getting the likes of Cullen and Bielik without paying a loan fee. Hasn't there also been rumours Sandgaard doesn't like paying loan fees? But yes, there will be a few decent freebies out there if we can get a manager in quick and offer some decent wages. 

I think we'll get similar to last summer, couple of decent players for next to nothing, couple of good ones (on paper at least) for a fee and a few gambles on loan. 
    Or dealing with agents.
  • Options
    Expecting average to good, but will those players be the ones the manger wanted and needs, who knows. 

2 very good,. established league one players* and 1 old head in, 2 signings similar to that of Dobson and Clare, 5 meh loans in to squad fill.

Added to stockley, Lavelle, Dobson, JFC and Frazer will (hopefully) see us on par with 20/21 season's end. We'll probably still finish outside the playoffs.

* Which will lead to endless snarky comments and threads because it'll be proof MS is a genius and another gem to add alongside the uncovered diamond known as Scott Fraser. Any flops were clearly down to Gallen losing his touch (but still in credit) 

• Options
    Expecting average to good, but will those players be the ones the manger wanted and needs, who knows. 

2 very good,. established league one players* and 1 old head in, 2 signings similar to that of Dobson and Clare, 5 meh loans in to squad fill.

Added to stockley, Lavelle, Dobson, JFC and Frazer will (hopefully) see us on par with 20/21 season's end. We'll probably still finish outside the playoffs.

* Which will lead to endless snarky comments and threads because it'll be proof MS is a genius and another gem to add alongside the uncovered diamond known as Scott Fraser. Any flops were clearly down to Gallen losing his touch (but still in credit) 

If we sign 10 players we will have to ship a few out to make room, unless they are underage.

I think that's as important as who we bring in.  If it's Kirk, Morgan, Gilbey etc fine but if it's Dobson, CBT or Stockley.........
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If we sign 10 players we will have to ship a few out to make room, unless they are underage.

I think that's as important as who we bring in.  If it's Kirk, Morgan, Gilbey etc fine but if it's Dobson, CBT or Stockley.........
    Oh mate dont even suggest that possibility!! Quite literally the only thing I'm looking forward too next season is CBT ! I'm obviously waiting for the announcement that he has stepped on a stone in training and will be out until Xmas but selling him would be a step to far 😳😳😳
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Assuming a couple of those loans will be prem youngsters.
  • Options
    I am not sure I want very much because I would like to leave pathways for our home grown players.
    Would be nice to sign a talismanic type player who doesn’t get injured though.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Not if we won't pay a loan fee they won't be..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Won't have to, We'll promise to start them for a fee.

Biznezz skilz
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Won't have to, We'll promise to start them for a fee.

Biznezz skilz
    Easy isn't it...
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am not sure I want very much because I would like to leave pathways for our home grown players.
    Can you remember a home grown player getting bloked out by an average player before?  I would say Grant but that was more the system though.

If they are good enough they will play, when they are ready.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    seth plum said:
    Can you remember a home grown player getting bloked out by an average player before?  I would say Grant but that was more the system though.

If they are good enough they will play, when they are ready.
    Gilbey.
    In my view Aaron Henry, Tyreece Campbell and even Jason Adigun would have been, how shall I put this, no worse. I think would have been better.
    See also Charlie Kirk.
  • Options
    Nothing has changed in the Recruitment department other than Roddy being replaced by Thomas' son. 

The black box will pick up 1 or 2 decent players but again it won't be enough. 
  • Options
    Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying:

All.  Sweet.  Fuck.
  • Options
                                                            GARNETT

WALKER                         PIKE                    JONES                                FRASER

MAINWARING         PEACOCK                GODFREY                   WILSON

HODGES           STEPOE (H)

(Peacock or Mainwaring as skipper,)

SUBS:    STEPTOE(A)                                    HEAD COACH B FAWLTY
                BRAHMS                                         ASSSISTANT   S FAWLTY (MRS)
                SLOCOMBE
                ARTOIS                                           CLUB SEC    F SPENCER
                CUTHEBERT                              
                DIBBLE
                GUBBB                                           CLUB SOLICITORS     KNOCKEM AND STICHEM

SHIRT ADVERTISING:     MUDDLE THROUGH FROM DAY TO DAY.

ALL MY OWN WORK USETOBUNKIN 65 7/8THS,      

• Options
    i expect nothing.
  • Options
    I actually don’t expect us to make many signings, I think we have a fairly decent squad for league 1 and with a manager who has a bit about him, should be able to get something out of it. Garner plays a 433 and we have the players to suit that system other than fullbacks. Fullbacks must be our priority this season as I genuinely believe our midfield (assuming JFC and Fraser stay fit) is top6 

our line up atm could look something like this next season 

• Options
    Surely CBT over Gilbey at RW? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Obviously with that team Gilbey would be out for CBT and that’s about as strong as it gets. For whatever reason CBT is on no formation builder websites 

If we bought McKirdy, a midfielder like Jack Payne or Ben Thomson, who are both set to be free agents and a new right back and left back we should be looking at top6 

that would give us the following: 

front 3 of: CBT Stockley McKirdy with the back ups of Kirk Chuks DJ 

our midfield 3 would be: Fraser Dobson JFC with the back up options being Morgan Clare Gilbey. 

Back 4 assuming we get two new full backs of New LB Innis Lavelle new Right back with the back up of Purrington Deji New CB and Clare? 

Two decent league 1 level goalies. 

I don’t think our squad is as far as off as made out. 

I’d say McKirdy, a reliable 40+ game midfielder, two new full backs and a centre back and that will do for us, in an ideal world a better striker than Stockley as well I suppose. It’s a shame about Chuks injury record cause he’s ideal for a 433 lone striker 
  • Options
    He’s not on the site mate, same as FUT builders for some reason, maybe I’m optimistic but I don’t think our squad looks too bad and I’m intrigued to see what a possession based manager can do with our midfielders
  • Options
    I think we need 2 FBs, a CB, a CM capable of scoring, a first team winger capable of chipping in and a first choice striker who suits a 433 better than Stockley. Not fussed about any squad players but we need 6 quality players IMO 
  • Options
    A complete overhaul … We need players similar to Hamer, Morrison, Taylor, Wiggins, Stephens, Hollands, Green, BWP, Yann, Cullen, Bielik, Bauer Taylor … To name but a few. The big question is has the Director of Analytics got the knowledge to find these players. Let me think 🤔
  • Options
    I think we need 2 FBs, a CB, a CM capable of scoring, a first team winger capable of chipping in and a first choice striker who suits a 433 better than Stockley. Not fussed about any squad players but we need 6 quality players IMO 
    Yeah I’d say that’s about right, my ideal window would be McKirdy, Stockton, Will Boyle, Jack Tucker, Ben Thompson and the two forest green full backs. That’s a top2 side but unfortunately it won’t happen, hopefully our scouts have done their homework. 

I don’t think we can really afford many new midfielders or attackers tbh as we have a fair few on the books, I imagine the back line will have to be prioritised 
  • Options
    He’s not on the site mate, same as FUT builders for some reason, maybe I’m optimistic but I don’t think our squad looks too bad and I’m intrigued to see what a possession based manager can do with our midfielders
    I think the side you’ve done is ok. But we’d have no cover in defence at all plus you know Inniss can’t play enough. We need another CM capable of scoring plus another winger better than DJ. Not sure Stockley works well in a 433. We’ve got an ok team but really need some quality added 
  • Options
    I think the side you’ve done is ok. But we’d have no cover in defence at all plus you know Inniss can’t play enough. We need another CM capable of scoring plus another winger better than DJ. Not sure Stockley works well in a 433. We’ve got an ok team but really need some quality added 
    Yeah Stockley is a concern cause being blunt he’s just a knock down/header merchant, I’d actually sell if we could and it made way for someone like Stockton who is built for 433. Lavelle I think we can trust, he was putting in solid performances before his injury but we deffo need another proper centre back. With the CMs I’m not too sure, Fraser and JFC could be those players if we are seeing more of the ball and creating more chances, so long as them two don’t get injured I’d say you’d be hard pressed to see a better midfield in league 1. Quality for sure though, we have got players like Morgan, Purrington, DJ who are decent bench options but we need to really have some quality next season
  • Options
    I’m not sure what to expect. We have got rid of a lot of the chaff (polite spelling!) and I’d get rid of a few more personally. However I do wonder whether a new enlightened coach could get a lot more out of the core that is left. If TS gives his black box and his wallet a proper rinsing and we get the five or six top quality additions that we need there is a scenario where a fresh outlook and a few decent recruits could see us kick on in what is, let’s face it, a piss poor league.  I guess it is equally possible that we’ll still have the current squad in eight weeks time with a couple of half cocked loans.  As the sun has come out and my roses are looking lovely I’m not going to default to complete pessimism just yet. 
  • Options
    Yeah I’d say that’s about right, my ideal window would be McKirdy, Stockton, Will Boyle, Jack Tucker, Ben Thompson and the two forest green full backs. That’s a top2 side but unfortunately it won’t happen, hopefully our scouts have done their homework. 

I don’t think we can really afford many new midfielders or attackers tbh as we have a fair few on the books, I imagine the back line will have to be prioritised 
    Well in midfield we've got Morgan, Dobson, JFC, Fraser and Gilbey. I'd probably sign 2 more and get rid of one of Morgan or Gilbey. Out wide we've got DJ, CBT and Kirk. Ideally I'd sign two and get rid of either Kirk or DJ. Up top we could probably do with 3 strikers, we need to offload Davison. 
  • Options
    Fuck all, then I won't be disappointed.