Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What are you expecting this transfer window?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Seeing as the same people are in charge of recruitment, we currently have no manager and that last season was so underwhelming I'm expecting much of the same.  TS thinks we can get promoted by spending little money & talking his way into the top 6.

If anything was to change then we need 4 or 5 signings by the start of July & the remaining 4 or 5 by the start of the season. Not panicking yet but will be if there are no real signs of lessons being learnt & starting pre-season with a threadbare squad again.
  • Options
    Not expecting much to be honest, have no confidence in the sandgaards recruiting the players that we need for promotion. Who decided to give Josh Davison a contract because it obviously wasn't JJ & don't give me the rubbish about it being so we can get a fee for him, how much would a league 2 club be able to afford ?
  • Options
    I'm expecting a turgid start with a manager and a squad under a huge amount of pressure, with us scraping into the playoffs
  • Options
    I am expecting very little - with a flirtation with relegation - dwindling crowds - as some point half the fan base turn on TS - no chance of going up. 

Frustration - Disappointment - Anger

The usual. 
  • Options
    Sweet Fanny Adams, possibly a ladies signing
  • Options
    Nothing exciting or likely to advance us.
  • Options
    A new song.

• Options
    redbuttle said:
    Fuck all, then I won't be disappointed. 
    Are you sure?
  • Options
    relentless pantie wetting, barely incoherent delusional ranting and competitive entitled nonsense from dozens of keyboard worriers without the first hint of a notion about anything useful
    very little more than that from the dane and whichever opportunist toady gets to front up for the sandgaard family circle jerk in the public facing role of manager/head-coach/whatever
    if this dog and pony show avoids a spirit crushing stumble around the relegation places I'll start buying lottery tickets cos the odds make more sense
  • Options
    Disappointment & feeling underwhelmed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A new song.

To the tune of #your ground’s too big for you#
    Lacqeretabua
  • Options
    That all the best available players will be taken up by other clubs and we will be left with the dregs. while we wait to find a new manager are rivals are signing players. I see Ipswich signed a striker yesterday from Rotherham. as an examle.
  • Options
    I think we will sign some decent players but I would bet good money that they won't form a coherent footballing unit
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I'm expecting heartache,
    Nothing but a heartache,
    We'll do our business too late,
    The players will let us down.

It's a fool's game,
    Nothing but a fool's game,
    Subjecting us to more pain,
    Signing some other clown.

(With apologies to Bonnie Tyler)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I think we will sign some decent players but I would bet good money that they won't form a coherent footballing unit

Football is a team game and in some ways you are only as strong as your weakest link.

Fortunately the team that won the playoffs had a strong spine in Phillips,Bauer, Bielik, Cullen, Taylor and add Aribo and it was a case of the others not being weak on the day. Sarr was having a poor day so only had 45mins and Josh Parker a very limited footballer had a hard working game so against a mediocre performance by Sunderland we triumphed.

So the individuals coming to Charlton need to be able to fit into the new managers pattern of play and have a good mentality to stand up to the pressure of fans who expect a top 6 finish.

Until we know the new manager and when he is going to start and if we are going to have a squad with a pre season together then like the toilet seats that were stolen we have nothing to go on.