Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Castore kit deal announced (Ed. New 23/24 kit page 52)

Comments

• Options
    It is what it is, i’m amazed football kits get away making a new a shirt every year flogging it for £50 when it reality there’s never  a lot of difference , I normally buy the away shirts if any
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how the red looks in bright sunlight or under the floodlights. 

Good solid effort effort though albeit not to keen on the collar. 

8/10
  • Options
    Not bad, not sure about the collar though. I won't buy it though, instead I'll just wait for a cheaper castore top with a Charlton badge on it like I do most seasons. 

Would be nice to have a kit which lasts 2 seasons 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Will be interesting to see how the red looks in bright sunlight or under the floodlights. 

Good solid effort effort though albeit not to keen on the collar. 

8/10
    I'd imagine how Ferrari's in F1 looked when they used a brighter red, almost orange
  • Options
    Like the shirt shorts and socks. 

Just not together 
  • Options
    Like the shirt. Shorts are ok. Socks are an abomination.
  • Options
    That's a try-too-hard, over complicated, abomination of a kit.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    The good, the bad and the ugly. Shirt is excellent, shorts look like beachwear and whoever designed the socks needs their head wobbled. As an ensemble it doesn’t work for me. Shame as the shirt is lovely. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the shirt. Shorts are ok. Socks are an abomination.
    This 
  • Options
    i like it especially the socks…shame there aren’t matching boxers…
  • Options
    Those socks, awful! 
  • Options
    I think the socks would look a lot better folded over rather than worn above the knee. Even plain socks look stupid worn like that
  • Options
    Don't like it myself. Never been a fan of kits with those types of patterns, not liking the collar either 
  • Options
    Socks - might help the boys find eachothers feet with the ball!
  • Options
    Shirt ok , at best 
    Shorts and socks wank and look like they belong elsewhere

4 new kits for space cadet kids please

I see they are available to order but how long before they're delivered ?
    August......2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players 'not fit to wear the socks' should look for employment elsewhere. I don't think the shorts go well with the shirt but are fine on their own. Shirts okay but we've had much better imo. A lukewarm 6/10
  • Options
    Best one in ages for me with a nice nod to the old Admiral shirt. Looking forward to seeing the away kit now.

I just wish they would have a 2 year shelf life as no doubt the kids will be keen on it too!
  • Options
    Players' names under the number then I assume?
    Would be a new one for us?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Rothko said:
    Looks good, see how it wears before final decision.

also big fan of the fluro yellow keepers kit 
    My son, when he was a kid and attended one of those junior red events, asked Rob Elliott why he wore bright shirts. His answer was interesting. Apparently when he was at the club at least, the first choice keeper had choice of colours. He had seen a study from the US that when rushed players instinctively shoot at bright colours so he favoured them. How reliable that study was I don't know, but I suppose it can help if you think you are getting an advantage.
  • Options
    People are going to lose it when they see these shorts and socks though.

I rate it 
  • Options
    I love the shirt pattern and shirt face, but not a huge fan of the collar nor the half way round sleeve trimmings.  The socks I like (a bit different) and the shorts - those stripes are a bit too thick, if they were thinner they wouldn't draw the eye so much and the kit would work better overall.  Having said that, nice overall, and a lot more exciting than the vast majority of the Castore kits I've seen so far.

Disappointed that the Uni of Greenwich haven't tried harder with their logo on the Women's kit, and I'm assuming our away kit will be the same - as I've seen someone else here mention, their actual logo - with the compass - could look very very good if done properly.  Instead, it looks like it's been done on Word with no thought at all. 

Hope we reunite with Joma for our next deal - the kit they've made for Norwich is a cracker. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Rothko said:
    Looks good, see how it wears before final decision.

also big fan of the fluro yellow keepers kit 
    My son, when he was a kid and attended one of those junior red events, asked Rob Elliott why he wore bright shirts. His answer was interesting. Apparently when he was at the club at least, the first choice keeper had choice of colours. He had seen a study from the US that when rushed players instinctively shoot at bright colours so he favoured them. How reliable that study was I don't know, but I suppose it can help if you think you are getting an advantage.

Interesting. And would make sense with all the bright options out there at the minute. I remember reading a goalkeeping coaching book 'by' Neville Southall who said he picked darker colours as they blended in to the crowd better so striker couldn't quickly identify his positioning.
    That said, if a striker couldn't see him in his latter years....they probably shouldn't have been playing professionally.

*Edit*  Just a comment RE Rob Elliots comments...I am fully aware that NS also wore bright yellow kits - no trying to prove me wrong pls