Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• How long is the deal with our current sponsors? 1 year? Probably would need to find another sponsor first especially with the new owners in.
  • Been more then twenty years since I have purchased a replica shirt but hoping to get one for my Nephew for his first full season, are they normally available by mid July?

As my entire extended family is going on a holiday together and would be nice to be able to surprise him with it before that. 
  • How long is the deal with our current sponsors? 1 year? Probably would need to find another sponsor first especially with the new owners in.
    Wasn’t it a 5 year deal with RSK?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Does anyone know what next year's kit is going to look like yet?
    Probably a red football shirt. 
    With white knickers
    What colour stockings?
    Paisley
  • Valley11 said:
    How long is the deal with our current sponsors? 1 year? Probably would need to find another sponsor first especially with the new owners in.
    Wasn’t it a 5 year deal with RSK?
    I believe that’s a 5 year partnership to make us more sustainable and not 5 year sponsorship. Confident it would be 1 year as we were rotating the sponsorship based on what kit was worn that day with Uni of Greenwich. But I could be wrong.
  • This is a really good article from The Athletic about how kit manufacturing goes (from last year). 

https://theathletic.com/3436798/2022/07/23/why-some-teams-wont-have-their-kits-in-time-for-the-new-season/
  • edited June 2023
    Another one from The Athletic on Castore itself. It's pretty fluffy, and lets the owners drive the narrative. But I thought this passage was interesting: 

Castore’s agreements, however, are more incentivised in structure, with the club receiving a higher royalty percentage as agreed revenue targets are hit. Put simply, the clubs who sign with it have an opportunity to significantly increase their earnings as more shirts and other branded apparel are sold.

I feel like someone brought this up when the deal was first signed, that the club had unrealistic ambitions about how many kits they could sell. Am I remembering that correctly?

https://theathletic.com/4342029/2023/03/26/castore-disruptors-kit/
  • ValleyBen said:
    Been more then twenty years since I have purchased a replica shirt but hoping to get one for my Nephew for his first full season, are they normally available by mid July?

As my entire extended family is going on a holiday together and would be nice to be able to surprise him with it before that. 
    @ValleyBen get on the official clubshop site and you can pick up this seasons ones for £10-15 depending on size. I got the home and away for my boys for 25 quid combined a couple of weeks back. Much more cost effective than waiting for the new one, which you can grab next summer for a similar price!
  • CAFCTrev said:
    We used to reveal next seasons kit at the end of previous season, sometimes playing the final home game of the season with it on. 
    Yeah but that way we can’t have three separate kit reveals to fill the June/July news void… :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Love both the Rangers and Newcastle kits. Particularly the latter. Really classy. 
    Here’s hoping we get something similar. White V neck would be good. 
    I’d quite happily take that Rangers kit in red. Proper football shirt.
  • Last seasons kits weren't wonderful, they were ok. What annoyed me was the cost and the fact all the other stuff looked cheap but was hugely expensive. Plus the only things I really wanted was the green hoody and t-shirts the players wore, which were never on sale.
  • Not that I would buy it anyway, but the leisurewear seemed well overpriced
  • Having brought Castore leisurewear from their McLaren F1 range , I felt short-changed for what I got even with 50% off. Just felt really low quality. 
  • Interesting piece about the brothers who founded Castore on The Times today. No Charlton mentions surprisingly 😉. 

Talking about getting into the football sector…“The level of scrutiny is completely different,” says Tom, who says that you can be a couple of weeks late launching a spring/summer collection and nobody will really notice. “But if you’re two hours late launching a football shirt, you’ll have thousands of angry fans expecting an explanation.”   🤷🏻‍♂️😂
  • Valley11 said:
    Love both the Rangers and Newcastle kits. Particularly the latter. Really classy. 
    Here’s hoping we get something similar. White V neck would be good. 
    I’d quite happily take that Rangers kit in red. Proper football shirt.
    Looks a bit tight across the chest and I'd need to see the shade of red to be sure it's not too, you know, orange!
  • YTS1978 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Been more then twenty years since I have purchased a replica shirt but hoping to get one for my Nephew for his first full season, are they normally available by mid July?

@ValleyBen get on the official clubshop site and you can pick up this seasons ones for £10-15 depending on size. I got the home and away for my boys for 25 quid combined a couple of weeks back. Much more cost effective than waiting for the new one, which you can grab next summer for a similar price!
    I appreciate the tip but since it is his first full season in what I hope will become a life time obsession I really want to get him the shirt for that season even with the added cost, fingers crossed the club make them available before the summer holidays. 
  • cafcfan said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Does anyone know what next year's kit is going to look like yet?
    Probably a red football shirt. 
    With white knickers
    What colour stockings?
    Red.

Fishnet.
    Are we wearing a suspender belt underneath?
  • Does anyone know the club shop opening hours these days and if they still do name and number printing?

The information on the club shop website is pitiful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Does anyone know the club shop opening hours these days and if they still do name and number printing?

The information on the club shop website is pitiful. 
    I would ring them and see if they are open on dates you are looking to go there.
  • Fumbluff said:
    It’s £1 for the first and third letters, letters 4-18 are £2 each and the second letter is £6, rising to £8 if you’ve not ordered two days before you’re going to wear the shirt. 
    The numbers are included in the lettering price except on Wednesdays, Fridays and Tuesdays when they’re not. 
    Only shirts purchased in the shop for more than £60 can be printed subject to satisfactory signing of the disclaimer that says if the minimum wage child performing this hazardous operation messes it up it’ll actually still be your fault and you’ll need to start the whole order process again from the beginning but with a longer surname. 
    Terms and conditions apply…
    The length of your surname may go down as well as up…
    I believe this to be correct.
  • Hummel producing a quality retro style Saints shirt.
  • I thought Hummel went into Admin?
  • sam3110 said:
    I thought Hummel went into Admin?
    I think Southampton and Everton have deals with the main company, whilst the likes of Millwall had a deal with a distributor 
  • Which of our new signings will be modelling it?