Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• Yeah that’s a new GK top, love a fluro kit 
  • Is the new kit getting its first airing on Sat? 
  • nagAddick said:

He certainly won’t get lost wearing that combo!
  • Rothko said:
    Ross said:
    Preston’s new Castore home kit would be perfect in red with a white collar.

As always nowadays, a lot of great shirts are ruined by shite sponsor logos. Hopefully that won’t be the case for us…
    That kit is bang on
    Socks are horrific
  • Valley11 said:
    Is the new kit getting its first airing on Sat? 
    According to Peter Storrie, also said there should be announcement this week too
  • Don’t worry about what colour the kit is?
    Worry about what players we will put out?
  • They're all acceptable to me.
  • That Rangers kit is nice 
  • Sponsored links:

• SGAddick said:
    Had a go at trying to create some Charlton shirts using some of the current Castore templates. 
    Submit this to Castore now so I can get the Purple/green one!!
  • SGAddick said:
    Had a go at trying to create some Charlton shirts using some of the current Castore templates. 
    Last season's third kit was supposed to be a classic 90s green and purple number. It was all agreed, submitted and finalised until TS decided that he didn't like it (some time after he'd already given it the green light). 
    There was then a scramble around to find an alternative solution, which led to the blue instead. 
    Thats because Olly...he is a knob. 

Hopefully it gets the greenlight this season. 
  • SGAddick said:
    Last season's third kit was supposed to be a classic 90s green and purple number. It was all agreed, submitted and finalised until TS decided that he didn't like it (some time after he'd already given it the green light). 
    There was then a scramble around to find an alternative solution, which led to the blue instead. 
    Hopefully they'll revive it now then. The blue was a really nice kit in the end but we're well overdue a green and purple shirt. 90s fashion is back everywhere and our away kits are the only thing from that period I actually like.
    Looking through the history of our shirts I've realised I haven't actually liked our home shirt in years. The last one I genuinely liked was 15/16 and that season was so horrible it's sort of tarnished the kit. Would quite like just a decent red shirt without secret pinstripes or some weird 'the red chevrons on the red shirt symbolise the time Keith Carradine tripped over in Blackheath on his way to the Co-Op to get eggs' shit incorporated into the design.
  • Aren't we suppose to be wearing one of the new kits at Welling?
  • Sponsored links:

• SGAddick said:
    Hopefully they'll revive it now then. The blue was a really nice kit in the end but we're well overdue a green and purple shirt. 90s fashion is back everywhere and our away kits are the only thing from that period I actually like.
    Looking through the history of our shirts I've realised I haven't actually liked our home shirt in years. The last one I genuinely liked was 15/16 and that season was so horrible it's sort of tarnished the kit. Would quite like just a decent red shirt without secret pinstripes or some weird 'the red chevrons on the red shirt symbolise the time Keith Carradine tripped over in Blackheath on his way to the Co-Op to get eggs' shit incorporated into the design.
    There’s a story behind that 15/16 kit as well! Katrien had decided that the white shirt with red sash (which would eventually be our away kit that season) would be the HOME kit - Just Sport/Nike had been notified and that was that.
    When asked to come to the boardroom to give my opinion on options for the away kit, I was told the home kit was already decided which then led to a very diplomatic ‘that cannot be allowed to happen’. 
    I called Mick Everett down for some back-up and  they were left in no uncertain terms that there would be serious problems if we ran out at The Valley in a white kit.
    KM had a strop, we were in the bad books, but the right decision was eventually made and the rest is history.
    I've read that on here before but it never ceases to boil my piss. I feel like I've been getting some reminders recently that as awful as Sandgaard is, Roland and Katrien were a different flavour of total arsehole as well. Trying to change our home kit to a Palace away kit, remembering that he put actual Guy Luzon followed by actual Karel Fraeye in charge of a Championship team and then tried to follow that up with Nobby Vinegar (which I genuinely, deeply regret not happening), everything was so bizarre. In hindsight Olly you probably should have just let her change the kit, if she buckled when you and Mick protested imagine how she would have felt with a stadium half-full of people yelling about it.
  • I'd expect the new away kit at welling unless we're going to wear one of last season's kits. 
  • Okay let's get one thing straight. The purple and green kit, is not, will not and never has been a fucking "classic". It was shit then, and the idea of it is shit now. 

Purple and green are the colours of The All England Tennis and Croquet Club,  not Charlton Athletic. Home, away, third or out in fucking space...

Get a grip you buffoons.   
    Yeah let's just run out in the same kit every year and never change anything about! 🙄

• Okay let's get one thing straight. The purple and green kit, is not, will not and never has been a fucking "classic". It was shit then, and the idea of it is shit now. 

Purple and green are the colours of The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club,  not Charlton Athletic. Home, away, third or out in fucking space...

Get a grip you buffoons.   
    So you dont fancy it then...? :)
  • It’s actually very simple. Home kit predominantly red with white trim. (The one in images just above is fine). Away kit, white. As per red with colours reversed with black shorts. Third kit ? Is it really necessary ?
  • It’s actually very simple. Home kit predominantly red with white trim. (The one in images just above is fine). Away kit, white. As per red with colours reversed with black shorts. Third kit ? Is it really necessary ?
    Exactly this, you can have a third kit which is the fancy colours, but I'm not hugely happy with Blue being used as an away colour, yet alone fucking green and purple
  • I would love to hear about Miere’s strop in detail. Words, tone, foot stamping, movement, amplitude, things thrown, who it was addressed to, length of time taken, degree of guilt tripping and so on.
    The stories of Southall sacking everybody left right and centre on a whim are proper cinematic.
    What if we're playing someone who wears red and white stripes? Then w'll need a third kit.
  • Away kit white or black. Third kit should be super weird because otherwise what's the point. I like it when manufacturers experiment with the third kit, if it's quite out there you either like it or you don't and it doesn't really matter because it's just the bonus kit.
  • SGAddick said:
    These are gorgeous