Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Castore kits thread (24/24\5 3rd kit page 83/84)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Okay let's get one thing straight. The purple and green kit, is not, will not and never has been a fucking "classic". It was shit then, and the idea of it is shit now. 

Purple and green are the colours of The All England Tennis and Croquet Club,  not Charlton Athletic. Home, away, third or out in fucking space...

Get a grip you buffoons.   
    Yeah let's just run out in the same kit every year and never change anything about! 🙄

Where exactly did I say that? 
  • SGAddick said:
    Had a go at trying to create some Charlton shirts using some of the current Castore templates. 
    that Ecru kit, is a thing of beauty and should be donated the the fashion museum
  • cafcbrown said:
    New Barnsley kit. 
    Good lord. They must have American owners?
  • SGAddick said:
    Had a go at trying to create some Charlton shirts using some of the current Castore templates. 
    Submit this to Castore now so I can get the Purple/green one!!
    Last season's third kit was supposed to be a classic 90s green and purple number. It was all agreed, submitted and finalised until TS decided that he didn't like it (some time after he'd already given it the green light). 
    There was then a scramble around to find an alternative solution, which led to the blue instead. 
    Unlike Sandgaard to change his mind or go back on his word.. are you sure you are talking about the same bloke?? 
  • Unlike Green and Purple, it does have some previous work to go on, but it seems everyone is getting a retro style kit at the mo 

https://sartorial.soccer/2021/07/27/barnsley-stars/ 
  • MrOneLung said:
    SGAddick said:
    that Ecru kit, is a thing of beauty and should be donated the the fashion museum
    Ecru, it's beige, it's vanilla.

Real meat and potatoes, straight up and down, beef Wellington, don't trust the Argies, dick in the vagina, Cheddar cheese and chicken tikka masala.
  • cafcbrown said:
    New Barnsley kit. 
    They had a very similar one in season 89/90.
  • Sponsored links:

• SGAddick said:
    Submit this to Castore now so I can get the Purple/green one!!
    Last season's third kit was supposed to be a classic 90s green and purple number. It was all agreed, submitted and finalised until TS decided that he didn't like it (some time after he'd already given it the green light). 
    There was then a scramble around to find an alternative solution, which led to the blue instead. 
    Hopefully they'll revive it now then. The blue was a really nice kit in the end but we're well overdue a green and purple shirt. 90s fashion is back everywhere and our away kits are the only thing from that period I actually like.
    Looking through the history of our shirts I've realised I haven't actually liked our home shirt in years. The last one I genuinely liked was 15/16 and that season was so horrible it's sort of tarnished the kit. Would quite like just a decent red shirt without secret pinstripes or some weird 'the red chevrons on the red shirt symbolise the time Keith Carradine tripped over in Blackheath on his way to the Co-Op to get eggs' shit incorporated into the design.
    There’s a story behind that 15/16 kit as well! Katrien had decided that the white shirt with red sash (which would eventually be our away kit that season) would be the HOME kit - Just Sport/Nike had been notified and that was that.
    When asked to come to the boardroom to give my opinion on options for the away kit, I was told the home kit was already decided which then led to a very diplomatic ‘that cannot be allowed to happen’. 
    I called Mick Everett down for some back-up and  they were left in no uncertain terms that there would be serious problems if we ran out at The Valley in a white kit.
    KM had a strop, we were in the bad books, but the right decision was eventually made and the rest is history.
    I’d have no problem with a white with red home kit. The 1960s shirt is one of my favourites. The problem with that kit was the Palace Thunderbird style sash. 
  • Is that Gordon Durie? If so a rare picture of him standing up.
  • iaitch said:
    Is that Gordon Durie? If so a rare picture of him standing up.

Cheating b******, he was so far out of the area for the Chelsea penalty he was nearer to the half way line.
  • Okay let's get one thing straight. The purple and green kit, is not, will not and never has been a fucking "classic". It was shit then, and the idea of it is shit now. 

Purple and green are the colours of The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club,  not Charlton Athletic. Home, away, third or out in fucking space...

Get a grip you buffoons.   
    Ronnie is that you?
  • cafcbrown said:
    New Barnsley kit. 
    Are the stars a bit lower in the strippers version?
  • clive said:

Fans are advised that the Valley Superstore will close at the earlier time of 2pm today (Thursday, June 29th).

The club shop will return to normal operation tomorrow (Friday, June 30th), opening from 9.30am for the launch of the club's brand-new 2023/24 home kit.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/club-shop-close-2pm-today

I presume its available to buy them tomorrow, bit pointless if not. Jnr will be very happy... not stopped banging on about a new kit.
  • MrOneLung said:
    SGAddick said:
    agreed, that is one smart kit, I also like the kits that just show the sword
  • cafcwill said:
    SGAddick said:
    These are gorgeous
    I'd buy all of those 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    shine166 said:
    clive said:

Fans are advised that the Valley Superstore will close at the earlier time of 2pm today (Thursday, June 29th).

The club shop will return to normal operation tomorrow (Friday, June 30th), opening from 9.30am for the launch of the club's brand-new 2023/24 home kit.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/club-shop-close-2pm-today

I presume its available to buy them tomorrow, bit pointless if not. Jnr will be very happy... not stopped banging on about a new kit.

My hunch is that closing earlier today was for them to arrange the displays showing a/the kit/s.
    I do agree with your post though.
  • cafcbrown said:
    New Barnsley kit. 
    Good lord. They must have American owners?
    Great job Detective, given their Sponsor is US Mobile - I was thinking they just liked stars ;)
  • sam3110 said:
    Okay let's get one thing straight. The purple and green kit, is not, will not and never has been a fucking "classic". It was shit then, and the idea of it is shit now. 

Purple and green are the colours of The All England Tennis and Croquet Club,  not Charlton Athletic. Home, away, third or out in fucking space...

Get a grip you buffoons.   
    Yeah let's just run out in the same kit every year and never change anything about! 🙄

Fine by me. 
  • Isn’t the kit being released in the shop at 09:30? Why haven’t they released it online this morning? Strange
  • edited June 2023
    Quite like that... Wonder what the Shorts and Socks combo is
  • Very good effort.
  • Would prefer a collar but I like it. No thrills, clean and basic
  • edited June 2023
    follett said:

Potential oversight but you can see it in the online club shop 
    Edit: posted this the second it goes live on twitter

GLORY GLORY MAN UNIIIIIIITEEEEDDDD

Would have liked a bit more white, meh it'll do 

Manchester United Kits Man Utd Shirt Home  Away Kit  store4manutdcom  Much Better Pictures Manchester United 23-24 Away  Third Kits Leaked -  Footy Headlines