Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

/What will be deemed a successful 22/23 season?

1, Only promotion via autos or playoffs
2. Top 3  finish without promotion but foundations for a real push the following one
3. Top 6 finish but foundations for a real push the following one
4. Higher than this year but foundations for a real push the following one

For me I think top 3 no.2.    I don't think any fans of any club could realistically expect 1 although obviously what we will be aiming and hoping for.

EDITED Actually thinking about it finishing 6th isn't successful so i've changed it to top 3.

Comments

• Options
    Promotion 
  • Options
    More than 2 people completing the Crossbar Challenge 
  • Options
    Top 6 would be a phenomenal achievement given at the time of posting we have no manager , no  players, and no hope!
  • Options
  • Options
    I would handle 3 because it would still show a huge improvement on the year beforehand. 

We would have to be slowly implementing a style and could see where the club is going, rather than scraping together a 6th finish with scrappy football. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not playing Forest Green away on a Tuesday night or first game of the season would be a good start... 
  • Options
    For me it’s promotion. Thomas would probably say something like:

I can wake up one morning and go 'Ooh, I don't feel like running Charlton today, can I just stay in bed?' 'Ooh, don't know, better ask the boss.' 'Thomas can I stay in bed all day?' 'Yes you can Thomas.' Both me, that's not me in bed with another bloke called Thomas.
  • Options
    Promotion, nothing less.
  • Options
    Having a manager in before pre-season
  • Options
    Top 6.

But even that will be a push seeing how we have to rebuild (yet again) and will be up against teams like Sheff W, Ipswich, MK Dons, Derby & Barnsley. 
  • Options
    Promotion. Anything else is yet another failure, no if's no but's
  • Options
    Sorry, but that question is poorly worded 

Only promotion is success.

You could argue top six without promotion is a good or decent or acceptable or OK or at least we moved forward season but it's not success
    Exactly, this season will only be successful if we are promoted, as for a club like ours every season in this division is a failure. 

Which isn't to say we should expect promotion, as it will be incredibly hard to go up, as we're up against so many teams with similar expectations.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having a number one single in the rock charts .. that would success to a certain owner 
  • Options
    Top six is acceptable. Promotion is success.
    Agree with this. 
  • Options
    Promotion  is success. 

Anything else is failure 
  • Options
    The only way to achieve a successful season is promotion  

anything else falls short 
  • Options
    Promotion. 
  • Options
    Top 6 finish is the bare minimum

Don't think we'll have enough for top 2

Whoever the new manager is though, we need to see progression, both in our style of play/results and also the squad building. So that IF we do make the play offs (or maybe fell short) fans could really believe that the new manager has made a difference and that we've the nucleus of a promotion winning squad which just requires 2/3 additions (not 13). Following season promotion would be the only acceptable ending
  • Options
    Playoffs minimum 
  • Options
    Top 6 finish is the bare minimum

Don't think we'll have enough for top 2

Whoever the new manager is though, we need to see progression, both in our style of play/results and also the squad building. So that IF we do make the play offs (or maybe fell short) fans could really believe that the new manager has made a difference and that we've the nucleus of a promotion winning squad which just requires 2/3 additions (not 13). Following season promotion would be the only acceptable ending
    Playoffs minimum 
    I can see that playoffs (given that we just finished 13th) might be an acceptable consolation, but could losing in the playoffs in the third division really be seen as success?
  • Options
    My expectations will probably change as the summer progresses.

But with us in the state we're in, and the potential that we may head out for a training camp without a manager.

A very solid "4" at present.