Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open Tennis

Already at the QF stage this year…

Men’s draw is very top heavy with Djokovic, Nadal, Zverev and Alcaraz in the top half. Rublev, Rune, Ruud and Cilic in the bottom half.

Zverev and Alcaraz in a fourth set currently - Zverev leading two sets to one.

Nadal v Djokovic coming up later.

In the women’s draw, one semi final is set between Coco Gauff and Martina Trevisan.

Number one seed Iga Swiatek is sitting in the other side of the draw.

Comments

• Options
    Difficult to pick the 2 men's finalists at this point the way the draw has shaped up. Any views? 
  • Options
    Bottom half is so open, anyone's guess who'll lose in the final out of those 4.
  • Options
    Unfortunate that the game that everyone wants to see is on a Wednesday, and not Friday or Sunday!
  • Options
    There's a good one about to start
  • Options
    Djokovic v Rune
    Swiatek v Gauff.
  • Options
    Alcaraz I think will win many slams. Tremendous talent.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Nadal too much for Djokovic at the moment. Leads by a set and a double break. Go on Rafa.

Service games won:

Rafa: 5/5
    Novak: 2/6
  • Options
    Back to one break.
  • Options
    Is the match turning?

• Options
    Nadal too much for Djokovic at the moment. Leads by a set and a double break. Go on Rafa.

Service games won:

Rafa: 5/5
    Novak: 2/6
    I basically cursed Rafa for the rest of the second set here...

Rafa: 1/4
    Novak: 3/3

Rafa wins set 3 to take a 2-1 lead and into the fourth set we go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is the match turning?

Sounds like Djokovic put a lot into that second set and was a bit gassed in 3rd.
  • Options
    Nadal saves two set points to then break serve in the fourth. Back to 5-4 and on serve after looking like the set was Novak's.
  • Options
    Sounds a crazy match.

Come on Rafa.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Anyone know if they'll play to a finish?  Or likely come back (later) tomorrow if Djokovic wins this set?
  • Options
    I 100% want Rafa to win but thought Novax the favourite before the match. I hadn't realised how much winning the second had taken out of him.

If this goes to 5, as seems quite likely, I have no idea who I think will win as been constantly surprise das well as amazed throughout!
  • Options
    Nadal wins the final QF
  • Options
    Good.
  • Options
    Simply amazing from  Nadal.
  • Options
    Nadal's record at Roland Garros is insane. 105 wins, 3 defeats.
  • Options
    How does Nadal keep that pace up at nearly  36,he made Novak look slow at times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How does Nadal keep that pace up at nearly  36,he made Novak look slow at times.
    Amazing but unfortunately I think he's been hinting about retiring. I wonder how much Novax was affected by (his own fault) lack of competition. 

I thought it ironic, that despite empathising what he went through, John Mac pronounces his name like Jokervic!
  • Options
    Womens semi finals:

Iga Swiatek [1] v Daria Kasatkina [20]
    Martina Trevisan v Coco Gauff [18]

Mens semi finals:

Nadal [5] v Zverev [3]
    Ruud [8] v Cilic [20]
  • Options
    Amazing but unfortunately I think he's been hinting about retiring. I wonder how much Novax was affected by (his own fault) lack of competition. 

I thought it ironic, that despite empathising what he went through, John Mac pronounces his name like Jokervic!
    You cannot be serious?
  • Options

He has had many injuries,but always seems to come back even stronger,if he does retire,he will be missed as is the great Roger,but I hate to see great champions in any sport go on too long and get beaten by people they would never have have lost to at their peak.
  • Options

He has had many injuries,but always seems to come back even stronger,if he does retire,he will be missed as is the great Roger,but I hate to see great champions in any sport go on too long and get beaten by people they would never have have lost to at their peak.

Likewise but inevitable really - going out at the top is very difficult, and rare. Boxing is probably the best example but it applies to most sports, particularly individual events.
  • Options
    Iga Swiatek, top seed and past champion, wins her semi final 6-2 6-1.

In the other semi final, Coco Gauff takes the first set 6-3.
  • Options
     Zverev taken off court with an injury, been a great contest. Looked a nasty fall and just about to go to another tie break
  • Options

Nasty.

Surprised it doesn't happen more in tennis to be honest, the slides and quick turns etc.

Hope he recovers quickly but may well be out of Wimbledon for a start.
  • Options
    A desperately sad way for it to end.

Great for Nadal who had a ridiculously hard route to the final this year.
  • Options
    We will never know,but over 3 hours and not 2 sets completed,this was looking like an all time classic,so sorry for  the man he was playing great and then that happened,genuine respect and sympathy from Nadal..