Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Womens Euros 2022: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 CHAMPIONS!!!

Comments

• Options
    I thought some of the weighting of England's through balls was top notch. Better than I have seen at Charlton recently.

Cafc are a 3rd tier men's football team(don't we know it 🤦🏻‍♂️) and these English woman are elite players who now have top coaches (men and woman) to take them to the next level and they are professional footballers who have benefited from daily drills and the passing has improved so much from 20 years ago when we had great individuals in Kelly Smith and Rachel Yankey but light years away in team play against the top teams like USA and Germany. 

I knew this performance was coming and when a top team like Norway didn't do basic defending and just assumed their world class attackers would exploit our defense then you have an England team that were so much better than the nervous first performance against Austria. Why the Norwegian manager didn't do damage limitation at 3 nil only he knows but the same thing happened to Brazil when they played Germany in the world cup semi final and got hit for 7 with 6 goals coming in the first half from memory. Brazil men were a top team and Norway woman are a top team but if you don't negate the attacking prowess of the opposition then on special days you get hammered. 

The only down side of my trip to Southampton on Friday other that the Mexican wave is I may see England's reserves but we shall see as Sarina Wiegman knows what it takes to win a tournament at home when the expectations increase. 

Germany and Spain (I will take notes tonight !) wont give England that space to play. The one paced but superb passer that is midfielder Walsh couldn't believe she had so much time on the ball. 

Northern Ireland will probably go 5-5 formation in the last group game for damage limitation. 
  • Options
    Walsh had a great game I thought. I suspect England will give squad players a game against Northern Ireland.
  • Options
    Walsh had a great game I thought. I suspect England will give squad players a game against Northern Ireland.
    Walsh was absolutely flawless yesterday. For all we had a hattrick and some other top attacking performances it was Walsh who dictated the pace of the game, distributed the ball quickly and efficiently and put a stop to Norwegian counter attacks before they had a chance to come to anything. It was a struggle for both sides to keep possession before the penalty, but Walsh was very important in settling it, and she's the one who controlled the way that game ran. Superb player
  • Options
    Fantastic performance from England. Exploited the Norwegian weaknesses superbly and nullified their attack extremely well.   
  • Options
    I really don’t get the fascination to compare mens and womens football. I saw one last night saying Ellen White has more tournament England goals than Alan Shearer 🤣
    Yeah like the fact they kept banging on about it being a record goals tally for an England side in a Euros. The difference in quality of some of the women's teams even at this tournament is huge. 
  • Options
    But what is significant is Norway are no mugs at this level. A tough game was expected.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I really don’t get the fascination to compare mens and womens football. I saw one last night saying Ellen White has more tournament England goals than Alan Shearer 🤣

I agree with the comparison between Ellen White and Shearer(or was it Rooney ?) as there are more San Marino's in woman's football. I didn't really enjoy the 20-0 game against Latvia; if it was boxing it would've been stopped !

Tatics are replicating in both the mens and womens game and that's why the comparison is relevant with comparing Brazil and Norway when they didn't have a plan to stop the opposition from playing.

Try to enjoy the advances in the female game and except biology will alway make it difficult for a female keeper to have strong hands when the ball is struck as hard as Stanway's penalty.  Don't think she's in this German squad but a 17 year old German keeper is 6 foot and she saved 4 penalties in the U18 euro final against France where she tipped the ball around the posts and was a big unit.
  • Options
    Well played the Lionesses, was certainly a good watch.
  • Options
    It isn't just advances in the women's game. England have made massive advances in it where they are now one of the World's top nations. We should be proud of that achievement and of those who have made tat possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Yeah like the fact they kept banging on about it being a record goals tally for an England side in a Euros. The difference in quality of some of the women's teams even at this tournament is huge. 

You don't realize the status of the Norwegians ? Two time winners, they are not part time like the Irish woman. They got their tatics wrong and were poor out of possession.

The woman's game has only been Professional for a short time and that's why the new crop of youngsters will continue to be better on the ball with a professional attitude. 
  • Options
    It isn't just advances in the women's game. England have made massive advances in it where they are now one of the World's top nations. We should be proud of that achievement and of those who have made tat possible.

Correct, and that has come about by the WSL which has attracted top players from the USA and Europe. France and Spain are still ahead with their domestic teams with Lyon and Barcelona  but we are closing the gap with Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal. 

Attracting more females to watch the woman's game will be the next big step in the Journey. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    When I first saw Millie Bright I was not convinced. I thought she was strong/powerful but lacked the touch. Don't get me wrong, I would have still picked her, but I thought Houghton held things together. Strangely, it is possibe that without Houghton, Bright has found another level and she has become the defensive rock the team is built around. Is there a better female defender out there?
  • Options
    This Spanish side could be great…………..if they actually had a shot!
    Stop pissing about with it ffs!

P.S. I hope they play like this against us 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
  • Options
    This is the best game in terms of both teams quality 
  • Options
    Ruthless Northern European efficiency stifling Southern European flair.  Spain have been their own worst enemy, though, trying to walk it into the net.
  • Options
    First time at the new Brentford stadium and the Germans are doing what they always do and take advantage of mistakes by the Spanish from a terrible kick out by the Spanish keeper, plus a header from a corner.
    Spanish tippy tappy football with no end product is playing into the hands of a very organized German team but without the flair of England.
    I will send my report to Sarina Wiegman as she is having a night off at a west end show!
  • Options
    When I first saw Millie Bright I was not convinced. I thought she was strong/powerful but lacked the touch. Don't get me wrong, I would have still picked her, but I thought Houghton held things together. Strangely, it is possibe that without Houghton, Bright has found another level and she has become the defensive rock the team is built around. Is there a better female defender out there?
    She's a better defender than the French woman Renard but Renard's possibly more of a threat in the opposition's penalty area.
  • Options
    Great night at the Amex last night with @Len\'s_little_girl ! Hope England can go all the way.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Netherlands v Portugal is another good watch. Portugal always go 2-0 down before showing they have skilful players going forward.  Portugal like Spain aren't great when defending corners. HT2-1

So many corners are put right on the money by the Dutch and by Germany last night against the Spanish. 2-1 and another good decision by VAR to see the foul which wasn't clear until you saw a different angle.

Twice VAR today has Got the Ref to double check on the screen and TBF both refs saw the evidence and gave the correct decision which were both penalties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great game.
    I thought both teams corners were pin point.
    That was very refreshing to see 😳😂😂

I think Portugal will get better, ones to watch in the future.
  • Options
    Was at Germany v Spain last night, the Sat night Spain v Denmark could be decent. We were sat in the safe standing area, though sat down. It will work well. 
  • Options
    Ruthless Northern European efficiency stifling Southern European flair.  Spain have been their own worst enemy, though, trying to walk it into the net.

• Options
    The French are a pacey team that attack down both Flanks. They look along with England the team with the most flair.
    Renard is looking weaker at the back but is great at corners with her height.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    1-1 Belgium score the first time they get into the French area after France have 11 shots and had been dominating for 35 minutes 

Normal service, 2-1 France
  • Options
    What have I just seen 🤣
  • Options

• Options
    Please tell me that a goal got scored from that? - Or was Frank Nouble running on to it?
  • Options
    Keeper saved the penalty low to her left. That was the rebound, was put wide.
  • Options
    Who honestly cares? I've yet to meet even a woman that can endure 45 minutes of this drivel. Let alone "men". Colin Walsh fat and in his fifties plays at a better standard than this, now!! 

"Here son take your pick ... You can either come with me and see the men's 100m final at the Olympic stadium OR we can go to the park and watch some locals running".

"Plz plz plz dad ...can we go to the park and watch people running there. It will be AMAZING?" 

Yeah, right!