Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2022

Comments

• Options
    Two sets down!

Come on Jannik, finish him!
  • Options
    A long way back for Djokovic now, but if there's one player that I'd back to do it...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    My rents picked a good day to have court 1 tickets.....
    Still good, if not quite the same....
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    My rents picked a good day to have court 1 tickets.....
    Still good, if not quite the same....
    Got lucky having Norrie though 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Tatjana Maria wins the all-German quarter final on Court 1.
  • Options
    Tatjana Maria wins the all-German quarter final on Court 1.
    A brilliant match as well
  • Options
    I turned on earlier Djokovic was 3-1 up first set, turned off saw Sinner go 2 sets up then Djokovic won the last set to make it 2-1, turning off so hopefully it will change the momentum again. 
  • Options
    Novacc well on top now
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Anyone else notice how often Djokovic gets a load better after a "comfort break"?

I know we all feel a bit lighter after a good clear out, but it's quite the turnaround.  He was being given the complete runaround here, one quick trip off court and he's won 10 of the next 13 games.

Makes you wonder if he's getting a few tips on the sly from a coach about the match etc at the very least.
  • Options
    Norrie loses the first set to Goffin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sinner's rolled his ankle there? Hope he's alright...
  • Options
    Sinner's rolled his ankle there? Hope he's alright...
    Djokovic's internal monologue must have been interesting then.

"Quit, go on... could be through here...."
  • Options
    Djokovic trying to pump up the crowd when he wins a point makes me laugh.  Mate, 90% of them want you to lose.
  • Options
    Norrie struggling here, loads of unforced errors. 
  • Options
    Norrie has his hands full here, Goffin is playing well.
  • Options
    Goffin leads a set and a break.
  • Options
    Djokovic is winning for the first time since 4-1 in the first.

Annoying!
  • Options
    Really disappointing turn of events on Centre Court. Got my fingers crossed for one more opportunity for Sinner...
  • Options
    Break back for Norrie.
  • Options
    Really disappointing turn of events on Centre Court. Got my fingers crossed for one more opportunity for Sinner...
    Frustrating inevitability about it all too, Sinner has never looked in any of the last 3 sets so it's just this slow decline to a Djokovic win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Norrie levels at 1-1.
  • Options
    Was watching Centre no Court 1 but sounds like he's not been playing that well, hopefully a good sign that he's dug in for the set and maybe can now kick on.
  • Options
    Struggling in the third set... Goffin three opportunities for a double break.
  • Options
    Goffin leads the third set 3-0.

Total points won in the set: Goffin 12, Norrie 1.
  • Options
    Impressed with Sinner by the way, hell of a forehand and a lot of composure for 20.
  • Options
    4-0 Goffin

Total points: Goffin 16, Norrie 2
  • Options
    4-0 Goffin

One of the great things about tennis is how the game ebbs and flows with on player on the ascendency and then the other
  • Options
    A love hold for Norrie. Not sure this set is salvagable but better signs for the next set.
  • Options
    4-0 Goffin

One of the great things about tennis is how the game ebbs and flows with on player on the ascendency and then the other
    Absolutely.

And now he's grabbed one of the breaks back.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Good match going between Goffin and Norrie. Unfortunately I expect both of them would lose in straight sets to Novak...