Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Papa John's Trophy 22/23 - Round 2 Draw (p3): Plymouth v CAFC (Tues 22/11 7pm)

Comments

• Options
    Booooooooo 

shit we’ll win now 
  • Options
    Are we out of this shameful tourney yet 
    No, our young players get another opportunity to play men's competitive football and we get another opportunity to see them do it. All good for the team, the club and the spectators. Unless you are a glory seeking football snob.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Are we out of this shameful tourney yet 
    No, our young players get another opportunity to play men's competitive football and we get another opportunity to see them do it. All good for the team, the club and the spectators. Unless you are a glory seeking football snob.
    yes I'm a glory seeking football snob who has just accidentally fell upon Charlton by bad luck andhad a season ticket every season for the last 39

Who weirdly is watching sky now awaiting the draw .

Hopefully we miss an u21 side 

• Options
    Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic
  • Options
    Pretty sure Garner would have preferred nipping across London to play Chelsea U21 instead of sending a team down to the far end of Devon...

Mostly kids, I guess...
  • Options
    The worst possible draw for the lads.

Much as we'd like to continue our support in this Cup, Plymouth on a mid week winter's evening is, sadly,  out of the question, as it will be for most, I'm afraid.
  • Options
    How many do you reckon we’ll take down there @oohaahmortimer ?

Anyone who goes to this game is proper Charlton!
  • Options

….or lives in Plymouth.
  • Options
    I doubt the club will even run a coach for the fans down there. They didn't when we played Exeter in the League Cup a few years ago let alone a longer journey in a lesser cup competition. Could be a record low away fan turnout from us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon we’ll take a punchy 86 
  • Options

Or they live in the West Country?
  • Options
    I reckon we’ll take a punchy 86 
    I’ve got 50p and a lb of grapes that says lower…
  • Options
    Pretty sure Garner would have preferred nipping across London to play Chelsea U21 instead of sending a team down to the far end of Devon...

Mostly kids, I guess...
    To be honest I think Plymouth’s focus is on the league also
  • Options
    Stand every chance of getting through... Plymouth hate playing us
  • Options
    do we know when it is? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    do we know when it is? 
    W/c 21st November I think I saw but not definite 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    One to get the pulse racing, that is one heck of a trek unless you live down there, fair play to Charlton fans going, getting back at a silly time, surely a stopover? 👏👏

I think I’m turning into an armchair fan, just don’t want the hassle!
  • Options
    Massively unattractive fixture, especially as we play there in the league in March. And it's in the middle of the World Cup
  • Options
    this fixture shows the ridiculous nature of this competition, a match that can't be followed live that is played on a winter evening over 300 miles from the away team's home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The youngsters who play in this don't think it's a waste of time. Valuable experience. 
  • Options
    That’s a shame. We are currently renting a cottage near Dartmoor only about 30 miles from Plymouth for this coming week. A week later and it would have been a hop, skip and a jump to get to.
  • Options
    redman said:
    The youngsters who play in this don't think it's a waste of time. Valuable experience. 
    wow!
  • Options
    I doubt the club will even run a coach for the fans down there. They didn't when we played Exeter in the League Cup a few years ago let alone a longer journey in a lesser cup competition. Could be a record low away fan turnout from us?
    That would take some beating.
    Remember early 1990s away to Grimsby Town in league game 71 turned up . 
  • Options
    I recall Middlesbrough away (when Lennie was their manager) midweek at Ayrsome Park and we took about 49 (I counted). We literally lined the back of that tiny corner terrace. Around 1993/1994 I think 
  • Options
    Would genuinely be surprised if we take more than 50.

It's short notice, a very long trip and one you'd realistically only do if you live nearby or are trying to keep a run of games attended going.
  • Options

Charlton will visit Plymouth Argyle in the Papa John's Trophy round of 32 on Tuesday, November 22nd (7pm KO GMT).

Tickets for the Home Park cup tie will go on sale once they have arrived at The Valley's Ticket Office.

PRICES

Adult: £10

Over 65: £8

U23: £7

U18: £5

U12: £3

U8: Free with paying adult/over 65/U23

Supporters are invited to register their interest in using the club's Valley Away coach service for this fixture. Fans who would like to use the service must email tickets@cafc.co.uk before 5pm on Thursday, November 17th to register their interest. A decision on the Valley Away coach service will then be made on Friday morning. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/date-set-plymouth-papa-johns-trophy-tie

• Options
    Redrobo said:

….or lives in Plymouth.
    Only reason I’ll be there is I can walk it 😂
    Would you mind walking just outside Plymouth so that the supporters' coach can pick you up? We need to look as though we are bringing a crew to this one.
  • Options
    I recall Middlesbrough away (when Lennie was their manager) midweek at Ayrsome Park and we took about 49 (I counted). We literally lined the back of that tiny corner terrace. Around 1993/1994 I think 
    Cue: 1000 CL members saying that I was there.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Train information for Plymouth
    Dep Paddington 4 minutes past the hour journey takes about 3 hours 10 minutes.
    Return journey Dep Plymouth 23.57 Arr Paddington 05.04
     Advance Singles in each direction £55.10 [£36.75]
    A Super Off-Peak Return costs £113.10 [£74.60]

The return train is also a sleeper service & it is possible to book a cabin for an additional fee.
    Railcard price in brackets.