Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    [new] [new] CBT

Fraser Morgan Payne

Sessegnon EOC Dobson Egbo

Wollacott

is my beautiful dark twisted fantasy

If no new signings, Stockley I *suppose* and DJ and Kirk can fight it out
    I know its a hot day mate but have you lost your mind ??? in what parallel universe does Albie get in anyones starting line up ?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Leuth said:
    [new] [new] CBT

Fraser Morgan Payne

Wollacott

I know its a hot day mate but have you lost your mind ??? in what parallel universe does Albie get in anyones starting line up ?
    The one where he's been our best player in pre-season?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    AndyG said:
    Leuth said:
    [new] [new] CBT

Fraser Morgan Payne

Wollacott

oh that ones called "The Twilight Zone" mate !!
  • Options
    Still looks weak up front, wont get anywhere without goals.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if the midfield 3 of choice ends up looking like:

Payne McGrandles Fraser 

That midfield would need 3 at the back and wingbacks otherwise would leave us exposed or severely limit the strengths of those players imo

With McGrandles taking up the DM spot, gives Garner a more "comfortable" player receiving the ball from defence, before the JFC exit talk probably would have been him.  

• Options
    Still looks weak up front, wont get anywhere without goals.
    Can’t believe we won’t sign a striker, especially with Davison expected to sign for AFCW.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Morgan, Fraser, Gilbey, JFC.

I swear they’re just all the same player with about 5% deviation between them. Bland.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    AndyG said:
    Leuth said:
    [new] [new] CBT

Fraser Morgan Payne

Wollacott

He has been one of our better players, but doesn't get in the side for me, he's benched at worst though. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I swear they’re just all the same player with about 5% deviation between them. Bland.
    If you think Gilbey and Morgan are the same player , please tell me what you imbibe pre match 
  • Options
    Competition is good especially in midfield.

Jacko gave Gilbs a free pass last season, especially after his red card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    GK: MacGillivray, Maynard-Brewer
    RB: Egbo 
    CB Lavelle, Inniss, O'Connell
    LB: Sessegnon (L)
    CDM: Dobson, Clare
    CM: Forster-Caskey, Fraser, Gilbey, McGrandles
    CAM: Morgan, Payne
    RW: Jaiyesimi
    LW: Kirk, Blackett-Taylor
    FW: Stockley, Aneke, Davison

So JFC could go and Davison too, if we replace them then we're in a good spot imo, maybe  a couple of defenders needed too?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I’d move Clare to RB with Egbo and McGrandles into CDM with Dobson.

Obviously these players can move around but I think we’re set on the right side of defence and in midfield.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    cafctom said:

If you think Gilbey and Morgan are the same player , please tell me what you imbibe pre match 
    Rarely drink at all pre-match, thanks. 

The point being that they’re all players that seem to have very little impact on a game and just make up the numbers.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

So JFC could go and Davison too, if we replace them then we're in a good spot imo, maybe  a couple of defenders needed too?

If there's one thing that's been proved over last season and this pre-season, it's that Albie is the least effective CAM you can ever hope to see but is actually very decent when played deeper and can get on the ball.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

We don’t need 8 CMs but Clare will be used at RB, RWB or RCB. Quantity wise we’re probably two short but we need to improve on quality. We need 4 I’d say to even think of top 6 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    wmcf123 said:
    cafctom said:

The point being that they’re all players that seem to have very little impact on a game and just make up the numbers.
    Harsh on Fraser. He certainly made an impact at Burton and MK. Not been given a chance in a Charlton shirt yet, not like the others. 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

If there's one thing that's been proved over last season and this pre-season, it's that Albie is the least effective CAM you can ever hope to see but is actually very decent when played deeper and can get on the ball.
    Problem is he’s only decent when we have the ball. McGrandles and JFC are both good on the ball but are much better defensively in that role. Morgan needs a loan where he can play 40 games as first choice, he will learn more doing that than another year where he is our 5th choice CM in and out of the team/squad 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    cafctom said:
    wmcf123 said:
    cafctom said:

Harsh on Fraser. He certainly made an impact at Burton and MK. Not been given a chance in a Charlton shirt yet, not like the others. 
    I’ll admit it’s a little harsh on Fraser, but even what I’ve seen of him in a Charlton shirt doesn’t scream “promotion winning midfielder”.

So many players in the squad that just look and feel “7/10”
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    wmcf123 said:
    cafctom said:

I’ll admit it’s a little harsh on Fraser, but even what I’ve seen of him in a Charlton shirt doesn’t scream “promotion winning midfielder”.

So many players in the squad that just look and feel “7/10”
    I wouldn’t disagree to be honest although there’s still so many unknowns. Morgan, DJ, Gilbey and Davison won’t win you promotion but none of them should be starting much. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    An intresting aside JFC scored higher in the 2020/21 statbank than Dobson did in the 2021/22 one.

There is a fitness worry over JFC but if he is fit I can't believe how many people wouldn't have him in the team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Dazzler21 said:

This looks like a strong team. With 21 players on the pitch we will over-run the opposition in all areas. 
    And no doubt still manage to concede a sickener in added time. It's the Charlton way.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Uboat said:
    Dazzler21 said:

This looks like a strong team. With 21 players on the pitch we will over-run the opposition in all areas. 
    And no doubt still manage to concede a sickener in added time. It's the Charlton way.
    ‘…. following a mix up between MacGillivray and Maynard-Brewer….’
  • Options
    As it stands and reading the SLP article I would say that

Clare
    O'Connell 
    Sessegnon 
    CBT
    Stockley 
    Kirk

Will all start at Accrington.

Toss a coin on the keeper
    Inniss or Lavelle 
    Perm 3 from 5 or 6 in midfield 
    What to do with Aneke

Are the calls he needs to make before then.  Assuming no one joins, leaves, gets injured etc between now and then.
  • Options
    So if we are predicting based off the welling team tonight. Saturdays line up is likely to be: 

Wollocott 
    Clare, Inniss, O’Connell, Sessegnon 
    Payne, Morgan, Fraser
    Leaburn, Stockley, CBT 

I hope the plan isn’t to play Morgan in that role, he is good on the ball there but I would be very worried defensively about that team. JFC or Dobson would be much better choices so it is a strange selection.

Could also be a 3-5-2 with those players. Or McGrandles could start in the holding role with maybe Payne pushed forward into the front 3? 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    So if we are predicting based off the welling team tonight. Saturdays line up is likely to be: 

Wollocott 
    Payne, Morgan, Fraser
    Leaburn, Stockley, CBT 

I hope the plan isn’t to play Morgan in that role, he is good on the ball there but I would be very worried defensively about that team. JFC or Dobson would be much better choices so it is a strange selection.

Could also be a 3-5-2 with those players. Or McGrandles could start in the holding role with maybe Payne pushed forward into the front 3? 
    Take Morgan and Leaburn out of that line up and put in Dobson +1 and I think we have the Accrington line-up. Lavelle vs Inniss is the other question.
  • Options
    For the game against Accrington

Wollacott 
    Dobson, Morgan, Fraser
    Kirk, Stockley, CBT 

Going forward into the season

Wollacott 
    McGrandles, Morgan, Fraser
    Payne, Stockley, CBT 

If we dont sign another Striker I'd like to see us try

Wollacott 
    Kirk, Payne, CBT 
  • Options
    For the game against Accrington

Wollacott 
    Dobson, Morgan, Fraser
    Kirk, Stockley, CBT 

Going forward into the season

Wollacott 
    Payne, Stockley, CBT 

If we dont sign another Striker I'd like to see us try

Wollacott 
    Kirk, Payne, CBT 
    Oh, Payne up top. That’s bold, but I wouldn’t be against it.

I think Inniss will start, but I feel like on the whole Lavelle has looked better.

If it was up to me I think I’d go:

Wollacott
    Clare, Lavelle, O’Connell, Sessegnon
         McGrandles, Dobson, Fraser 
               CBT, Stockley, Kirk

McGilvray
    Egbo
    Inniss
    Morgan
    JFC
    Payne
    Aneke

Which I think is quiet strong. Definitely feel like we need to shift at least one of Gilbey, Morgan or JFC (who have all impressed me) to get another attacking winger/forward in, and we need full back cover.