Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Team for 22/23

13»

Comments

• Options
    For the game against Accrington

Wollacott 
    Clare, Inniss, O’Connell, Sessegnon 
    Dobson, Morgan, Fraser
    Kirk, Stockley, CBT 

Going forward into the season

Wollacott 
    McGrandles, Morgan, Fraser
    Payne, Stockley, CBT 

If we dont sign another Striker I'd like to see us try

Wollacott 
    McGrandles, Morgan, Fraser
    Kirk, Payne, CBT 
    Oh, Payne up top. That’s bold, but I wouldn’t be against it.

I think Inniss will start, but I feel like on the whole Lavelle has looked better.

If it was up to me I think I’d go:

Wollacott
    Clare, Lavelle, O’Connell, Sessegnon
         McGrandles, Dobson, Fraser 
               CBT, Stockley, Kirk

McGilvray
    Egbo
    Inniss
    Morgan
    JFC
    Payne
    Aneke

Which I think is quiet strong. Definitely feel like we need to shift at least one of Gilbey, Morgan or JFC (who have all impressed me) to get another attacking winger/forward in, and we need full back cover.
    I forgot to put DJ on the subs bench. Leuth will be aghast. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Happy to admit I have never really watched either Payne or Fraser before joining Charlton. Am I correct in thinking that both of them can play in within a front 3 and not been completely shoved out of position?
  • Options
    From the lineups we've seen so far the Accrington squad could look like this

Wollacott
               CBT, Stockley, Kirk

McGillivray
    Clayden
    Inniss
    Morgan
    DJ
    Payne/Gilbey
    Leaburn

With Egbo and Chuks out indefinitely we're dreadfully short at fullback and striker - this is going to be a long last month of the window waiting for the loanees to fill the voids.
    Not obvious where many goals are to be found - allowing Washington to go may be too costly.  League position by 1 September likely to providing much cause for concern.

The surplus of centre mids has to be where the departees have to come to make budget/headcount space for the needed incomers.  Hard to see Gilbey's place as a result.  Looks like Garner likes Albie who has had a decent pre-season, but will he favour him over his own recruits?  Charlie Kirk's affection or otherwise for SE London might precipitate his departure, FWIW I'd accept any offers there, same goes for DJ.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    From the lineups we've seen so far the Accrington squad could look like this

Wollacott
               CBT, Stockley, Kirk

McGillivray
    Clayden
    Inniss
    Morgan
    DJ
    Payne/Gilbey
    Leaburn

With Egbo and Chuks out indefinitely we're dreadfully short at fullback and striker - this is going to be a long last month of the window waiting for the loanees to fill the voids.
    Not obvious where many goals are to be found - allowing Washington to go may be too costly.  League position by 1 September likely to providing much cause for concern.

The surplus of centre mids has to be where the departees have to come to make budget/headcount space for the needed incomers.  Hard to see Gilbey's place as a result.  Looks like Garner likes Albie who has had a decent pre-season, but will he favour him over his own recruits?  Charlie Kirk's affection or otherwise for SE London might precipitate his departure, FWIW I'd accept any offers there, same goes for DJ.
    A very balanced view here on the squad. Thanks..I'm not entirely convinced of this gk yet to give him guaranteed start over Macca though. It does look like...once again...goals will be in short supply. And yes Kirk and DJ leaving ~ both fine with me. I'd like to see 2 or 3 forwards in this week. We've got three camels up front ~ fine for the longball but not find for the "high press" playing it on the floor approach Garner purportedly wants to instill in this team.