Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    I'd take Man City away in the QF. Have the glory game, and concentrate on the league
    If the games were on a Saturday I'd agree with you it would be a great day out.
    But as it will be played in midweek I want a home Draw.
  • Options
    I'd take Man City away in the QF. Have the glory game, and concentrate on the league
    If the games were on a Saturday I'd agree with you it would be a great day out.
    But as it will be played in midweek I want a home Draw.
    yup, agreed
  • Options
    Man utd away brilliant away trip after all we have gone through we could do with a good day out plus how good would it be to even get a result you never know 
  • Options
    Anyone but Forest for me. No disrespect to them as a club, it's just we played them in the league recently.

Would love United/Liverpool/Newcastle away personally.
  • Options
    we cant get a bad draw. 

the perks of supporting a small tinpot club like Charlton is you get nights like last night. 

for me united away would be the one fantastic ground which wont be there for much longer and I haven't seen us play there. 
    You've lost me a bit there.

What's happening to (G)Old Trafford?
  • Options

The Addicks will be represented by ball number one in Thursday night's Carabao Cup quarter-final draw.

The draw is set to take place live on Sky Sports following the conclusion of the fourth-round tie between Manchester City and Liverpool (8pm KO GMT).

Quarter-final ties will take place in the week commencing January 9th, 2023, with two matches to be confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/carabao-cup-quarter-final-draw-details
  • Options
    Don't want City away, we would get absolutely pumped. 

Take any home game really, wouldn't mind Southampton away - localish.
  • Options
    we cant get a bad draw. 

the perks of supporting a small tinpot club like Charlton is you get nights like last night. 

for me united away would be the one fantastic ground which wont be there for much longer and I haven't seen us play there. 
    Why where are they moving to?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we cant get a bad draw. 

This is a very very big 'if'. They will probably end of renovating / partially rebuilding Old Trafford.
  • Options
    Whoever we play I'm sure all the managers will be fearing the sack if losing to Charlton.
  • Options
    Anyone know if the draw will be streamed on YouTube, or only on SkySports? 
  • Options
    If the coverage of last night's penalty shoot out was anything to go by Sky will go to an ad break when our ball will be selected.
  • Options
    Should be on YouTube as well - Last one was
  • Options
    is the semi final over two legs ?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    is the semi final over two legs ?

Yes it is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We should send this link from the Brighton forum to our players as extra motivation:

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/carabao-cup-quarter-final-who-do-you-want.397724/
    Wow, horrible scrolling through all those ads. Charlton Life much more user friendly. 
  • Options
    If drawn away is there VAR in this Cup? 
    There was no VAR at Southampton last night but commentator did say ‘no VAR at this stage of the competition’.

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

12 LAWS OF THE GAME

12.6  Use of Technology. Where the venue at which any Competition Match is to be played has:

12.6.1  a goal line technology system installed; and/or

12.6.2  such equipment as is necessary to enable the use of video assistant referees,

12.7  in compliance with the Laws of the Game, the Management Committee shall be entitled to determine whether any such system(s) should be used, and its decision shall be final. The Management Committee may also mandate the installation of temporary systems for a Semi-Final at home grounds of League Clubs.

Guidance

Costs of installation would be borne centrally. Costs of operations fall under Rule 18.1.

So we may need to install VAR when we reach the semi final  ;)
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Well a lot of people got what they wanted a top 6 premeirship side. Unfortunately that will be the end of the cup run. We are not going to beat one of the best sides in tge premeirship.
    No chance ☹️
  • Options
    After Stevenage I wrote

Realistically we surely can't win a FOURTH penalty shootout of the competition though to progress? 
  • Options
    https://www.efl.com/news/2022/december/carabao-cup-quarter-final-draw-numbers/

The draw for the Quarter-Finals of the Carabao Cup will be made live on Sky Sports on Thursday, after the conclusion of Manchester City v Liverpool. Here are the draw numbers:

1 Charlton Athletic

2 Leicester City

3 Manchester United

4 Newcastle United

5 Nottingham Forest

6 Southampton

7 Wolverhampton Wanderers

8 Manchester City/Liverpool

Joining host Mark Chapman to make the draw will be former Manchester City and Newcastle United shot-stopper, Shay Given, as well as the Lionesses' Euro 2022 winning goalkeeper, Mary Earps.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final fixtures will take place in the week commencing 9 January 2023, with two matches to be confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

• Options
    msomerton said:
    Well a lot of people got what they wanted a top 6 premeirship side. Unfortunately that will be the end of the cup run. We are not going to beat one of the best sides in tge premeirship.
    No chance ☹️
  • Options
    we cant get a bad draw. 

Why where are they moving to?

in its gonna change its looks over the years 
  • Options
    https://www.efl.com/news/2022/december/carabao-cup-quarter-final-draw-numbers/

The draw for the Quarter-Finals of the Carabao Cup will be made live on Sky Sports on Thursday, after the conclusion of Manchester City v Liverpool. Here are the draw numbers:

1 Charlton Athletic

2 Leicester City

3 Manchester United

4 Newcastle United

5 Nottingham Forest

6 Southampton

7 Wolverhampton Wanderers

8 Manchester City/Liverpool

Joining host Mark Chapman to make the draw will be former Manchester City and Newcastle United shot-stopper, Shay Given, as well as the Lionesses' Euro 2022 winning goalkeeper, Mary Earps.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final fixtures will take place in the week commencing 9 January 2023, with two matches to be confirmed for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

So we won't be one of them!