Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barefoot/ minimalist running

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gillis said:
    How's it going so far, @RodneyCharltonTrotta ?
    Really well so far thanks mate. 

Have fully converted so all my normal shoes have been in the loft for weeks and got some minimalist shoes for work, leisure and running.

Have built up v slowly and steadily on grass running track near me and am currently out in Menorca so have done a couple of km road running and off road runs every other day at about 4km to 5km in distance interspersed with dips in the sea.

Aiming for a 10k race in mid September and will treat that as a longer distance (for me) training run rather than a race so should have hopefully built up conditioning to do that by then.

Really focusing on correct technique and thoroughly enjoying the conversion so far.

Feel it the day after in parts of the feet etc that I've not felt before but more like doms than pain and all part of the conditioning.

Glad I took the plunge and thanks to all for the tips and encouragement.
  • Options
    How does the golf ball thing work?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Releases tension.

Put golf ball under centre of foot and lightly press on it. Roll it forward and backwards then side to side then in circles clockwise then anticlockwise.

I did this for a couple of minutes a few times a day at work/ watching TV and helped me.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Releases tension.

Put golf ball under centre of foot and lightly press on it. Roll it forward and backwards then side to side then in circles clockwise then anticlockwise.

I did this for a couple of minutes a few times a day at work/ watching TV and helped me.
    Is this recommended for cramp in the arches? a recurring problem for me when I start building my running mileage beyond about seventy a month, and also one that prevents me from doing longer distance swims.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Releases tension.

Is this recommended for cramp in the arches? a recurring problem for me when I start building my running mileage beyond about seventy a month, and also one that prevents me from doing longer distance swims.
    Not sure. I used it for mild plantar faciitis, which I suppose is similar to what you describe