Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor McGrandles signs a three year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    He didn’t seem all that happy about it at the end. 
  • Options
    Very odd. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Strange celebration. Hope Appleton can turn him into a key part of the squad as he did at Lincoln….especially now we’ve lost Camara (we need him to step up & show what he can do).
  • Options
    I don't know about what's been said on social media other than what is said on here - don't think he has had it that bad really, lots of people in pre season saying he deserves a chance, but then he goes and gets himself injured again - yet again look at the reaction to him today - lots of people pleased for him, hoping he can now crack on - Charlie Kirk could score a hat trick and people would still want him to do one.

Chuks has had a lot of shit flung at him for injuries but he doesn't feel the need to be a diva to the fans when he scores.

If CM wants to knuckle down and contribute to the team then cool, but if he doesn't wanna be here then he can do one and MA should be making that very clear to him if he hasn't already.

Everyone keeps saying about attitudes in the dressing room being off and to me someone with an attitude like that today is part and parcel of it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    He’s been a total damp squib of a signing so far, but made a bit of a difference today, even ignoring the goal. With Camara injured, Fraser unsuited, and Watson (L) still struggling to play 90 minutes, and Dobson overdue a suspension securing booking, there is a need in the squad for competition/an alternative option to Dobson and Watson in the more holding 2 in midfield. Pleased for Connor today and really hope he can finally kick on and contribute now. It’ll help us a lot if he can. 
  • Options
    Who cares ? He’s made his first meaningful contribution and hopefully he makes many more .  I could not care less if he hates the crowd/ doesn’t celebrate 
  • Options
    IMO it doesn't matter if he has had stick

He just scored a last minute equaliser infront of 2,000+ away fans and instead of celebrating it choose to be petty

Even if he didn't want to celebrate with the fans celebrate with your team mates, but he didn't even do that 

Hardly like he has set the world alight since he has been here.

I would love this to be the turning point for his Charlton career but f*** me Conor do your part show some f***ing passion show us fans that it means something to you

He just scored a last minute equaliser infront of 2,000+ away fans and instead of celebrating it choose to be petty

Even if he didn't want to celebrate with the fans celebrate with your team mates, but he didn't even do that 

I would love this to be the turning point for his Charlton career but f*** me Conor do your part show some f***ing passion show us fans that it means something to you
    Absolutely agree. 
  • Options

For me, that was him showing he has passion. He must be royally pissed off with how the last 12 months have gone for him and like Aneke, some of the reactions have been ridiculous.

Time to start a new chapter. Let’s hope he can show us what we thought we’d signed last summer.
  • Options
    Even when he becomes fit, it's hardly a position we're short in once Taylor and Camara return.
    As fate would have it, both of them will be out for a while. McGrandles has the ideal opportunity to establish himself, under a manager who clearly rates him.
  • Options
    Some bizarre comments posted here tonight on McGrandles, and don’t even want to know what’s posted on social media, which tends to be more escalated. 

All I can say is nice one Conor, always have to be happy when a sub comes on and helps you get some points from a game. Let’s see what he can do from now on, maybe will grow in confidence too, and be ready to properly celebrate a late goal next time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Some of our fans are right dickheads to a lot of our players 
    A lot of fans are right dickheads, full stop, but if anybody getting paid a lot of money to just play football once or twice a week doesn’t like criticisms from fans then all they need to do is  either prove those fans wrong or go and get a real job. Scoring a goal is always a good start in my book.

• Options
    Really pleased for McCandles who has hopefully rekindled his Charlton career after it looked like it was tapering out.
    It really gets on my Wick that he takes so much stick and Michael Appleton may help by waxing lyrical about his good attitude and form at Lincoln.
    Not even a flicker of celebrating that goal and now Conor McCandles needs to rise like the Phoenix from the Ashes.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Some of our fans are right dickheads to a lot of our players 
    A lot of fans are right dickheads, full stop, but if anybody getting paid a lot of money to just play football once or twice a week doesn’t like criticisms from fans then all they need to do is  either prove those fans wrong or go and get a real job. Scoring a goal is always a good start in my book.

He hasn't actually complained or even commented though. He just committed the vile sin of not celebrating his goal enough for some people.

He's got nothing to prove "wrong" because he's never even had a run of games when fit (for Charlton.) At every other club by all accounts he's been decent at worst, great at best.

• Options
    thenewbie said:

Sorry but that's a load of crap. "Passion" is such a meaningless term anyway. Is the goal worth more if you jump into the crowd afterwards? Is it bollocks.

It's hardly "petty" either to be wary about celebrating with a fanbase who are only just short of actively hostile. Look at some of the comments on the match thread when he came on - if he doesn't actually give a shit about Charlton then frankly I don't blame him.
    Where did i say jump into the fans

I said celebrate with teammates either, watch the video, he was literally running straight away whilst his team mates were trying to celebrate a last minute equaliser 

If you don't care about the fans fair enough, but F*** me its a last minute equaliser and he looks like its a goal to make it 6-1 Portsmouth 

Also i made it clear it was my opinion didn't say you had to agree so to start a reply saying "that's a load of crap" is in turn a load of crap
  • Options
    He may have had plenty of stick, but TBF he has been under-performing ever since he got here and a top 6 side can’t carry passengers. 
    Well done for the goal, but he is still a dozen solid performances away from break even. 
  • Options
    When he finally gets match fit and gets a run in the team, there will be a lot of so called supporters eating humble pie and apologising for all past comments 
  • Options
    Apparently you’re not allowed to criticise a player who hasn’t done a stroke in a charlton shirt since he signed.