Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket offer

We hope you’re looking forward to getting back to The Valley. We can’t wait to welcome you! As of today, we have more than 7,300 fans who have secured their season ticket for the new season. This season we aim to make every matchday great and, with your help, we can make this happen.

We all know there’s nothing better than the noise of a full Valley and together we can help achieve this for all home games. As of 1st July, we are offering season ticket holders the opportunity to bring in a new season ticket holder to The Valley this season, and give you both something back as a thank you. 

Refer a neighbour, colleague, friend or family member and when they purchase a 2022/23 season ticket (quoting your name and Fan ID) the club will put a CAFC season ticket voucher into your account to the value of 1/3 of the cost of the ticket your referral purchases – this will become applicable for your 2023/24 renewal.

If you have two referred season ticket buyers, you’ll secure 2/3 off the price of the tickets purchased on your referral. Refer three people who buy season tickets each in the same price class as yours and you’ll get your 2023/24 season ticket for free!

How It Works:

• Tell those in your social circle or network that Charlton season tickets are now on sale.
  • Be sure they have your name and Fan ID so they can use this as the referral code when they make their purchase
  • They can then go on-line or call our Ticket Office to find a seat and secure their purchase. 
  • They will need your name and Fan ID to ensure we get the voucher applied to your account.

What You’ll Both Receive:

• You both receive an unbeatable discount off a season ticket for 2023/24, and your ticket could be FREE depending on how many people you refer.
  • You both receive tickets to 23 home league matches as a great rate, as low as £2.60-£6.30 per match for juniors and £12.40-£27.00 per match for adults.
  • You both receive exclusive season ticket benefits including discounts on matchday hospitality, pre-game food/drink at concourse kiosks, CACT football sessions, pre-season friendly tickets and much more.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Screenshot that, as the details will probably change and itl seem like you're making a fuss about nothing when you dare to bring it up. 

• Options
    The offer, even though incomprehensible, looks like a good approach.
    I drag my brother along on occasion, not saying this might persuade him this time, but he would be the kind of target fan.
    If the team does well, and this offer is repeated proportionately at Christmas/half season ticket time, it might work for somebody like my brother.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The offer, even though incomprehensible, looks like a good approach.
    I drag my brother along on occasion, not saying this might persuade him this time, but he would be the kind of target fan.
    If the team does well, and this offer is repeated proportionately at Christmas/half season ticket time, it might work for somebody like my brother.
    Imagine your 4 free tickets were usable any time, you bring a mate to the opening game and he decides to buy a ST. 

The other option is, you get told to use your game on a Tuesday in January and nobody wants to come, because they are not stupid.
  • Options
    I mean, it's a laudable attempt to drive sales whilst offering an incentive/reward to existing ticket holders.
    But until we start to see the fruits of success, a mediocre boring third division club is a hard sell
  • Options
    Thank god we renewed early, never wanted to save loads of money next season anyway. 
  • Options
    Anyone knows if you were a season ticket holder last year but not renewed and someone referred you, would you be eligible for the offer? Mine is probably a slightly unique situation as I’ve given up my season ticket for this year as I be be missing a third of a season because of a dream holiday, but I might be tempted to get one this year and get the discount for next. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far too over complicated and flogging a dead horse at the moment.

Alternatively, win games and season ticket sales will take care of themselves.
    And then hopefully a neighbour, colleague, friend or family member won't laugh at me  ;) 
     This in a nutshell. But TS just can't see it.
  • Options
    Anyone knows if you were a season ticket holder last year but not renewed and someone referred you, would you be eligible for the offer? Mine is probably a slightly unique situation as I’ve given up my season ticket for this year as I be be missing a third of a season because of a dream holiday, but I might be tempted to get one this year and get the discount for next. 

It says new, so.id guess not
  • Options
    I cant give my season ticket away on a match day,let alone persuade someone to buy one.
    Get a decent team and the numbers will look after themselves. 
  • Options
    Shame I might have been tempted.
  • Options
    Shame I might have been tempted.
    I think you should be entitled (but don't know).
    Surely, that's one of the aims to get lapsed S/T holders to renew? 
  • Options
    Might be worth a phone call? Once I get over long Covid might give it a try
  • Options
    Seems a decent offer on the surface.
  • Options
    Be interesting if it includes lapsed season ticket holders or not. If it is complete newbies then they will be lucky to shift 10.
  • Options
    A decent idea from the club and rewards the loyal fan base in the process

I wonder if there are potential ways to take advantage of this

For example if someone in Block E of the East paying £675 gets an adult and 2 kids to sign up in the North Lower, would they still get the full refund?

Cos if that’s the case it’s definitely worth doing 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    A decent idea from the club and rewards the loyal fan base in the process

I wonder if there are potential ways to take advantage of this

For example if someone in Block E of the East paying £675 gets an adult and 2 kids to sign up in the North Lower, would they still get the full refund?

Cos if that’s the case it’s definitely worth doing 
    Refer a neighbour, colleague, friend or family member and when they purchase a 2022/23 season ticket (quoting your name and Fan ID) the club will put a CAFC season ticket voucher into your account to the value of 1/3 of the cost of the ticket your referral purchases – this will become applicable for your 2023/24 renewal.

So your answer is no.
    You would get 1/3 off what is "shelled out".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s not a bad offer - might just tip the balance on a lot of ditherers - suddenly their mate rings up and encourages them and it’s job done and if u put the effort in to try and encourage them u get a reward - those who love a moan or can’t stand the idea of somebody getting something they aren’t will still moan of course but ….
  • Options
    I do love the way the club are trying to get supporters in, but are they doing it the right way?
    Have I got it wrong?
    You didn't buy a season ticket last season but you can purchase a full price one for this season for 33% off next years one?
    how many people who d8dnt purchase last season will bother this season?
    Is it roughly 2000 season ticket holders have not yet renewed?
    Also does it mean the club have given up on the elapsed season ticket holders?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I do love the way the club are trying to get supporters in, but are they doing it the right way?
    Have I got it wrong?
    You didn't buy a season ticket last season but you can purchase a full price one for this season for 33% off next years one?
    No u need to re read it - a third off next years ticket if u convince somebody else to get 1 - it’s aimed at and rewards the committed fan 
  • Options
    Don’t ask what the club can do for u, ask what u can do for it - and why not 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    Have I got it wrong?
    No u need to re read it - a third off next years ticket if u convince somebody else to get 1 - it’s aimed at and rewards the committed fan 
    Yep.
    I'm committing to the away games next season.
  • Options
    So as a season ticket holder, if anyone is thinking of getting one then DM me, I will refer you and we both get money off next season...!
  • Options
    It's not clear if this includes say season ticket holders from last season who have yet to renew or not. If it does then great it will encourage a few to renew but if they think that us fans can just ask a neighbour or friend to shell out for a League One season ticket I think they will seriously struggle.
  • Options
    There’s nothing wrong with these sorts of ideas, but I can’t see it making much of an impact.  7,300 sounds about at our limit of fans that are still engaged significantly to want to watch us on a regular basis after the last few years.

I can’t say for sure, but I would be amazed if they get more than 50 additional season tickets this way 
  • Options
    You can’t say they are not trying to get people in. 

They are 20 to 30 per cent down on season tickets sold from last season and after the feedback they received through their phone calls, not many people are going to buy one.

Personally I think they are denial if they thought they would sell the same numbers. 2 reasons why they sold as many. Lockdown through the pandemic stopped and people wanted to watch football in the flesh again. Also what came from the owner with his thoughts  last summer may have tempted a fair few as well.

Over 7300 is a fair figure considering their Fill the Valley campaign failed so miserably and that it’s done more harm than good.

If we can get up to 8000 then fair play, but after last season the ones that have not bought, either want to see any improvement in results or take their chances on more freebies being handed out which in my opinion will be no different to last season regardless what has been said at the last fan’s meeting. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I'd wager that if a 25 year analysis was reviewed of football success v attendance there would be a significant correlation between league we were in, chances of promotion (outside of Premier league) and season ticket sales/ overall attendance figures.

The reality for clubs like Charlton is that ultimately season ticket sales are likely to be driven primarily by actual or perceived likelihood of success on the pitch and financial incentives will unlikely make much of a material difference to attendances unless they are real bargains ie a £100 ticket etc across the board gambling that you may sell 15k of those. Even then it may be unlikely to attract such numbers in League One.