Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket offer

2»

Comments

• Options
    Exactly. In a way it's not surprising that we have 'only' sold 7000 but that we have sold any season tickets at all. The quality has been poor, tickets are easy to get, it's a sign of loyalty and nothing else. Still, got mine. 
  • Options
    I think the 7000 figure gives you a good indication of the committed fan number (albeit i accept there are also some fans who are committed to going to away games only and some have to work or have moved away!!!!) - i.e regardless of team performance, they will be there come what may (although maybe not if protesting against an owner who is seen as a villain / and / or a crank with a network idea that doesn't seem to be working) - there, glad i cleared that up - i think the deal will help draw back a chunk of the missing 2 or 3,000 but not most - a series of impressive signings anda  great start will have a much bigger imapct on that of course.     
  • Options
    Far too over complicated and flogging a dead horse at the moment.

Alternatively, win games and season ticket sales will take care of themselves.
    And then hopefully a neighbour, colleague, friend or family member won't laugh at me  ;) 
     This in a nutshell. But TS just can't see it.
    If only winning games was that easy! And what evidence is there TS doesn't want to win games 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Far too over complicated and flogging a dead horse at the moment.

Alternatively, win games and season ticket sales will take care of themselves.
    And then hopefully a neighbour, colleague, friend or family member won't laugh at me  ;) 
     This in a nutshell. But TS just can't see it.
    If only winning games was that easy! And what evidence is there TS doesn't want to win games 
    Nobody is saying he doesnt want to win games, just that he couldnt give tickets away last season when we were shit... perform better and attendances will rise organically. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I’d be cautious about using last season’s number as a benchmark. I believe it was the highest number the club has ever achieved in L1 (need to check 2009/10) and was inflated by post-Covid and post-takeover enthusiasm. Equally, Duchatelet depressed sales in L1 to abnormal levels, which have already been exceeded.

I’d expect another 500-ish sales before the start of the season, in which case we’re probably only 10% off what I’d regard as par in L1. That wouldn’t be terrible considering the rubbish served up last season.

Be careful of the club counting staff, player and other comps though.

• Options
    I thought earlier in the summer that we’d end up at around sales of 8,000 and it looks as if we’ll be there or thereabouts by the time of the first home game on 6 August. Not surprisingly, some people are happy to wait until just before the start of the season before handing over their hard earned - although the cost of living crisis will probably give some second thoughts.

I think that, objectively speaking, the club couldn’t realistically expect to sell more than 8,000, regardless of what happens in the close season. League 1 is not a very attractive proposition and the football last season was dire. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Anyone knows if you were a season ticket holder last year but not renewed and someone referred you, would you be eligible for the offer? Mine is probably a slightly unique situation as I’ve given up my season ticket for this year as I be be missing a third of a season because of a dream holiday, but I might be tempted to get one this year and get the discount for next. 

It says new, so.id guess not
    Buy one under another name?
  • Options
    So I’ve not renewed my 8, if I buy 2 in my usual names and then 6 in other family names that won’t use em but my usual lot will do , do I get two freebies next year .

rewarded for being a waverer , there you have it 

Not really