Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Apologies For The Confusion.

Anyone else get an email about this?

Comments

• Options
    Yes and they should have refunded the £5, not suggested you buy another product to get £5 off of it.
    Cheeky buggers.
    Exactly, I thought that was a bit odd?
  • Options
    Yes and they should have refunded the £5, not suggested you buy another product to get £5 off of it.
    Cheeky buggers.
    They know what they're doing

• Options
    edited July 2022
    So the extra orange 🍊 hue costs big! 
  • Options
    Who are they, the EDF?

They got a habit of overcharging, then act like they're doing you a favour by giving you YOUR own money back and even have the audacity to call it credit. No, its money that I could've done with each month, that you've gained (and no doubt used), over the last 12 month that belongs to the customer. 
  • Options
    Overcharge and then keep it anyway -nice.
  • Options
    This feels a bit like Thomas sticking his hand down the side of the sofa
  • Options
    @Mendonca In Asdas Can I ask something to clear up my understanding?  Did you get charged £5 more than the price on the website when you (credit/debit) card was charged?  Or did they charge you what they said they were going to charge you and then drop the price a bit later and they're now offering you the difference? 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    @Mendonca In Asdas Can I ask something to clear up my understanding?  Did you get charged £5 more than the price on the website when you (credit/debit) card was charged?  Or did they charge you what they said they were going to charge you and then drop the price a bit later and they're now offering you the difference? 
    Hey Chizz,

Firstly sorry I haven’t replied to your how are you thread, sometimes I find emotions hard to put into words.

Re the email , I have know idea how much they are now charging for a home shirt at the moment, when I orders mine it was £55 which I thought was a bit steep, but didn’t moan about it as I thought as it was Castore, as the rangers fans said they are a bit pricey.

But why not just do a refund, it’s what Amazon do if you preorder a Ps5 game or whatever and refund the difference.

All seems a bit….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

They aren’t offering the difference really, they’re keeping it and saying you have to spend more to release that ‘credit’!
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Hey Chizz,

Firstly sorry I haven’t replied to your how are you thread, sometimes I find emotions hard to put into words.

Re the email , I have know idea how much they are now charging for a home shirt at the moment, when I orders mine it was £55 which I thought was a bit steep, but didn’t moan about it as I thought as it was Castore, as the rangers fans said they are a bit pricey.

But why not just do a refund, it’s what Amazon do if you preorder a Ps5 game or whatever and refund the difference.

All seems a bit….
    I am being really dim, I still don't quite get what the thing is they're offering compensation for.  

You say it was £55.  Did they charge you £55?  Or £60?  

If they charged you £60, then the very, very least they should do is apologise and refund the £5.  

But if they advertised it at £55 and they took £55 from you, but they're now saying it should have been £50, then I think it's quite good that they're giving out £5 vouchers. 

(It's probably something completely different though and I am not properly understanding it).  

(I see they're now charging £50 on the website, so I think it must the second one of those scenarios) 
  • Options
    Yes, it's called taking the piss.
    If they stated a price and then charged you more, then they should give a refund.

If they stated a price and charged you that price, but subsequently decided to reduce the price, then a £5 credit is fair enough...
  • Options
    isnt it more that they advertised it at £55, then realised it was wrong and reduced it to £50 but instead of refunding those that paid £55 with the overcharged £5 they have said here's a voucher for a fiver that you have to spend in our shop. Surely they should just refund the card with the £5 that they mistakenly charged everyone? Sounds simple to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    But if you were willing to pay 55 for something, that they subsequently decided was only worth 50, why should they give you anything other than an apology and a goodwill gesture. The fiver credit is a gesture of goodwill to spend in the shop as you were going to spend 55 anyway? 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    They have said themselves it was a mistake not they’ve changed their mind on the price, it should be a refund.

sort of thing Boris would do…

• Options
    But people were still willing to pay 55
  • Options
    isnt it more that they advertised it at £55, then realised it was wrong and reduced it to £50 but instead of refunding those that paid £55 with the overcharged £5 they have said here's a voucher for a fiver that you have to spend in our shop. Surely they should just refund the card with the £5 that they mistakenly charged everyone? Sounds simple to me.
    The shirts were advertised as £50, but then £55 on the clubshop website. It's the reason i didn't buy one. Anyone who did should get £5 refund per shirt, zero offers or quibble.
    It's a rotten pisstake offering a voucher.

• Options
    Indeed yes I agree with you, but if someone admitted they’ve overcharged me I’d want the money not by default have to spend it with that outlet.
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Posted on the website 30th June.

The new strip will be available to purchase from the club’s new online shop from Friday, July 1st and will be worn for the first time during the Addicks’ opening pre-season friendly of the summer against Kilmarnock in Spain on Friday morning.

Shirts will be priced £50 for adults, £45 for juniors and £40 for a toddlers’ full kit.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/addicks-reveal-202223-castore-home-kit

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can see where you’re coming from but they’ve admitted it’s their mistake. I can’t see how anything other than a £5 refund would be the fairest thing to do. If they’ve changed their minds or done an immediate sale the £5 voucher is a decent goodwill gesture. 
  • Options
    Just my own personal perspective on it all.

I saw the price was £55, having thought it was meant to be £50, however was still willing to pay that, and did. Was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw the voucher as was not expecting it, and ended up giving the code to my old man.

Who will probably get a £45 shirt now the bastard. 
  • Options
    It could be argued it may have been deliberate to get £55 anyway, just saying this theoretically as ultimately they’re getting the £5 anyway.
  • Options
    Some people would buy the shirt irrespective of price because they want one. The issue is the club advertised it as £50, mistakenly charged £55 but then when they realised they were wrong decided to hang on to the £5. If it were me I’d be annoyed.
  • Options
    It could be argued it may have been deliberate to get £55 anyway, just saying this theoretically as ultimately they’re getting the £5 anyway.
    Was my thinking too.
  • Options
    It’s not that difficult to refund the individuals affected. 
  • Options
    Anyone who has pre ordered , have you received the shirt or been given a date when you may get them by

• Options
    Yes, it's called taking the piss.
    If they stated a price and then charged you more, then they should give a refund.

If they stated a price and charged you that price, but subsequently decided to reduce the price, then a £5 credit is fair enough...
    based on the above, the indicative pricing on the website was £50, but the actual purchase price on the website was £55. Anyone that bought at £55 was willing to pay the "new" price, even if they thought it was too much. Normally in those circumstances a £5 gesture to anyone that bought at £55 before the price was "reduced" to £50 is quite a good outcome for the consumer..

BUT, if they have admitted this was an error, having previously said that it should have been £50, then I agree that it would have been appropriate to give a refund.

From a process point of view, setting up and honouring a load of credits will be much more complex than simply providing a refund.

The actual "loss" to the club of providing a £5 refund would have been, in the scheme of things, small ((200 shirts?? £1,000??). Of course in reality it wouldn't have been a loss as it wasn't income that was anticipated.

So in the round, yes the club should have given a refund. The fact that they have driven a small degree of ill will (again!) simply smacks (I'm afraid) of poor leadership (not a dig at TS, but ultimately the buck stops with him...)