Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Apologies For The Confusion.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Seems a pretty nice gesture if they set the price accidentally too high. I looked on their site yesterday out of interest and it was £55 on there. 
  • Options
    IanJRO said:
    Anyone who has pre ordered , have you received the shirt or been given a date when you may get them by

Ordered it at the weekend for £55 and currently with Hermes according to the tracking so should receive it some time in March when they will be on sale at £20!

That was a good thing about Hummel, the season end sales were always good
  • Options
    Yes, it's called taking the piss.
    If they stated a price and then charged you more, then they should give a refund.

If they stated a price and charged you that price, but subsequently decided to reduce the price, then a £5 credit is fair enough...
    based on the above, the indicative pricing on the website was £50, but the actual purchase price on the website was £55. Anyone that bought at £55 was willing to pay the "new" price, even if they thought it was too much. Normally in those circumstances a £5 gesture to anyone that bought at £55 before the price was "reduced" to £50 is quite a good outcome for the consumer..

BUT, if they have admitted this was an error, having previously said that it should have been £50, then I agree that it would have been appropriate to give a refund.

From a process point of view, setting up and honouring a load of credits will be much more complex than simply providing a refund.

The actual "loss" to the club of providing a £5 refund would have been, in the scheme of things, small ((200 shirts?? £1,000??). Of course in reality it wouldn't have been a loss as it wasn't income that was anticipated.

So in the round, yes the club should have given a refund. The fact that they have driven a small degree of ill will (again!) simply smacks (I'm afraid) of poor leadership (not a dig at TS, but ultimately the buck stops with him...)
    Isn’t the club shop sourced out to Castore or have we taken it back under our wing 
  • Options
    LegacyFan said:
    Seems a pretty nice gesture if they set the price accidentally too high. I looked on their site yesterday out of interest and it was £55 on there. 
    How is not giving someone back their money a nice gesture?
    So still overcharging then?
  • Options
    Yes, it's called taking the piss.
    If they stated a price and then charged you more, then they should give a refund.

If they stated a price and charged you that price, but subsequently decided to reduce the price, then a £5 credit is fair enough...
    based on the above, the indicative pricing on the website was £50, but the actual purchase price on the website was £55. Anyone that bought at £55 was willing to pay the "new" price, even if they thought it was too much. Normally in those circumstances a £5 gesture to anyone that bought at £55 before the price was "reduced" to £50 is quite a good outcome for the consumer..

BUT, if they have admitted this was an error, having previously said that it should have been £50, then I agree that it would have been appropriate to give a refund.

From a process point of view, setting up and honouring a load of credits will be much more complex than simply providing a refund.

The actual "loss" to the club of providing a £5 refund would have been, in the scheme of things, small ((200 shirts?? £1,000??). Of course in reality it wouldn't have been a loss as it wasn't income that was anticipated.

So in the round, yes the club should have given a refund. The fact that they have driven a small degree of ill will (again!) simply smacks (I'm afraid) of poor leadership (not a dig at TS, but ultimately the buck stops with him...)
    Isn’t the club shop sourced out to Castore or have we taken it back under our wing 
    You are probably correct, the error might sit with a 3rd party...

The challenge is that most fans (based on this thread) won't differentiate. If a 3rd party are impacting a licencee's brand, then the licensee has to manage it...
  • Options
    LegacyFan said:
    How is not giving someone back their money a nice gesture?
    So still overcharging then?
    I just mean if the price showed as £55 and someone paid that, then they don't have to do anything really do they. Unless Ive misunderstood that's what has happened isn't it?

If the price showed as £50 and they charged £55 then you are being overcharged and the money should be refunded straight away. 
  • Options
    Anyone who has pre ordered , have you received the shirt or been given a date when you may get them by

Ordered Friday, due for delivery today.