Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Tocknell RIP

edited July 2022 in General Charlton

The club are saddened to hear of the passing of former player Brian Tocknell at the age of 85.

Pretoria-born Tocknell represented Charlton between 1960 and 1966 and made a total of 220 appearances for the Addicks, scoring 15 goals.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/rip-brian-tocknell

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP.

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP.  
  • Options
    RIP 🙁
  • Options
    Good servant to the club..he played in my first ever game RIP 
  • Options
    RIP
    Just missed seeing him as I started going in 67
  • Options
    RIP - Played right half in the team that I can still reel off from younger days - Duff, Sewell, Hewie, Tocknell, Hinton, Bailey, Lawrie, Matthews, Leary, Edwards, Kinsey. Occasionally, played at centre half, if I remember correctly.
    Like Thai I remember these players well it is very sad hearing of former players like Brian Tocknell passing.

RIP Brian.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Brian.
  • Options
    Remember him well……good solid player, very reliable and was a permanent name on the team sheet for many a day.
    RIP……Brian..…RIP.
  • Options
    Played in the first match I ever saw at the Valley in 1962.

Classy player who sported a crew cut and always played with a smile.

RIP Brian.
  • Options
    RIP Brian
    Very good no nonsense player for us, we had quite a few excellent South African players in that era
  • Options
    A name from my childhood support of the club. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options

RIP

• Options
    RIP - Played right half in the team that I can still reel off from younger days - Duff, Sewell, Hewie, Tocknell, Hinton, Bailey, Lawrie, Matthews, Leary, Edwards, Kinsey. Occasionally, played at centre half, if I remember correctly.
    also my earliest days as an Addick ..  R I P Brian
  • Options
    I am sure that is pretty much the team that played in the first game I saw.
    The team that sticks in my mind the most was the one from a season or two later - Rose, Hewie, Kinsey; Bailey, Haydock, Tocknell; Kenning, Matthews, Firmani, Edwards, Glover.
    When I think of Brian Tocknell I think of him in that kit of mostly white with the red shoulder flash.
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The team that sticks in my mind the most was the one from a season or two later - Rose, Hewie, Kinsey; Bailey, Haydock, Tocknell; Kenning, Matthews, Firmani, Edwards, Glover.
    When I think of Brian Tocknell I think of him in that kit of mostly white with the red shoulder flash.
    RIP
    You are absolutely right, @Six-a-bag-of-nuts. I can remember a picture of Brian Tocknell in that kit. Maybe, on the front of a programme, but I fancy somewhere else too.
  • Options
    RIP
    You are absolutely right, @Six-a-bag-of-nuts. I can remember a picture of Brian Tocknell in that kit. Maybe, on the front of a programme, but I fancy somewhere else too.

In around 1964 there was a full page colour pic in Football Monthly with Brian, and I'm pretty certain, John Hewie and Brian Kinsey.

All wearing the white with red shoulder flash kit already mentioned.
  • Options
    Good solid player, I  remember a 3rd round tie against the great spurs team early 60s at White Hart lane,we lost 3-2  and Brian hit the post with a thunderbolt.Not many of my early heroes left now,RIP Brian.
  • Options
    RIP Addick
  • Options
    RIP Brian
  • Options
    RIP Brian, he was a cracking player for us.
  • Options
    RIP Brian
    Fond memories. 
  • Options
    R I P yes fond memories of another player a real,Charlton player.
  • Options
    Good solid player, I  remember a 3rd round tie against the great spurs team early 60s at White Hart lane,we lost 3-2  and Brian hit the post with a thunderbolt.Not many of my early heroes left now,RIP Brian.
    Remember that as I was standing behind the goal- so close

RIP Brian, well remembered
  • Options
    RIP Brian