Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terrell Agyemang - the next Semi Ajayi?

Left us in the summer, now said to be on trial at Man City.

Comments

• would we get any type of development fee, assuming that we offered him some kind of deal in the summer and he turned it down
  • Interesting - don't remember many here raving about him? 
  • mendonca said:
    Interesting - don't remember many here raving about him? 
    Just looked up the thread from the u18s game away at Eastbourne Utd from three years ago. He was the player a few of us noticed after he came on as a sub and impressed with his skill. I’ve not seen him play since but expect others have for the u18s and u23s, how was he progressing?

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86217/eastbourne-v-charlton-yoof/p1
  • would we get any type of development fee, assuming that we offered him some kind of deal in the summer and he turned it down
    If we offered a deal then yeah we should

If we released him without offering anything then no I dont think we would.
  • mendonca said:
    Spent most of last season injured which was a shame.  On the couple of occasions I saw him I thought he was big and strong with a pretty decent touch.  Shame he moved on because he was definitely talented!
  • Can't say i've heard of either name
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Similarities but different stories I think.

Iirc we were (as usual) skint when Ajayi came through and our financial choice was him or Feeney (Irish CB).  We chose to sign Feeny to a decent contract and only offered Ajayi 6m.  Not surprisingly he started to look around and went to Arsenal.  In hindsight the wrong decision (Feeny now plays Irish Hurling or something) but these things happen.

From above it looks like Agymang got injured and when he recovered either we didn't offer him anything at all or he turned us down before signing anything.

Ed. Seems Agymang did sign pro with us last year (I guess for a year). So if we offered a new contract then whomever picks him up would need to pay compo via tribunal rather than EPPP.  Won't be much anyway.
  • Has signed for Man City 
  • Try saying the thread title 5 times fast. 
  • mendonca said:
    And that’s why he’ll never come to anything. If you don’t have the expert eye of Charlton Lifers you aren’t nothing. We know.
  • Is he related to Patrick?
  • Be interesting to know who decided to release a player who then goes on to sign for Man City. I know the financial situations of both clubs are entirely different and they can afford to take a punt but they have obviously seen something they think worth investing in.
  • Be interesting to know who decided to release a player who then goes on to sign for Man City. I know the financial situations of both clubs are entirely different and they can afford to take a punt but they have obviously seen something they think worth investing in.
    Hayes said last night "You dont get everyone right!"
  • edited June 2023
    Terrel Agyemang was at Man City for one season and was in their U21 winning side.
    He joined Man City on a free and has now  joined Middlesbrough on a free. 
    Now 20 his Agency is Sync Global group.
    One of the main agents at Sync has had a lot to do with the marketing of Paul Pogba.

At the other end of the football pyramid his older Brother Montel Agyemang signed for Margate yesterday in the Isthmian Premier.

• Sponsored links:

• I assume at present he’s what’s termed as a Semi professional.

Da….….Boom……..Tish.
  • edited June 2023

How wasn't Terrell Agyemang fast tracked to the first team squad at 18 for Cafc ?
    He's a Left back FFS.
    Please don't tell me it was because of Young Roddy !

I have seen enough academy football and seems the sweat and tears as young players desperately try to get contracts.

Well done to keeper Reggie Rose who at just 18 has been given another year at Brentford after just 6 months to start with.
    He will benefit from Brentford having academy football again. Released by Palace for being too small at 12. Brave as a lion with good feet and has reached 5ft 11inch.
    Pro clubs use bone density to work out the estimated height of young teenage players.
    Needless to say, Palace measurements were wrong !

Rice was released from the conveyor belt at Chelsea when 14 and 2nd, 3rd chances do exist.

24 year old Eze at Palace was brilliant in the last part of the season under Roy Hodgson and he had many rejections up and down the Country before the QPR deal. This was highlighted on the BT documentary about South London Young footballers.

• I always thought he was a midfielder, left back may have been a position City tried him in. He came on in CM in the friendly away at Eastbourne (link further up the thread) and looked very skilful.
  • edited June 2023
    Scoham said:
    I always thought he was a midfielder, left back may have been a position City tried him in. He came on in CM in the friendly away at Eastbourne (link further up the thread) and looked very skilful.

He can/did play in midfield but that would be difficult to hold down that position at Man City even in the U21.
    Not sure if City converted Terrell into a Left back ?
    As its Man city he probably played LB and Midfield in the same game after seeing the conversion of John Stones into a midfield player.
  • Hartlepool United are pleased to announce the signing of Terrell Agyemang on a short-term loan deal from Middlesbrough.
    https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2023/october/terrell-agyemang-joins-pools/
  • Scoham said:
    I always thought he was a midfielder, left back may have been a position City tried him in. He came on in CM in the friendly away at Eastbourne (link further up the thread) and looked very skilful.
    Whatever happened to Jason Audi? He looked a quality player for us.
  • Anyone know audi did after the Eastbourne match? Is he still with us?
  • Since leaving us he has:

Played 13 games for City's development team.
    Played 5 games for Middlesbrough's development team.
    Now on loan in the National league.

So in 18 months he's probably ended up lower than where he would've been if he'd stayed with us. He'd have had a good chance of being in our squad and might have even got a league 2 loan.