Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley gets a pitchside upgrade…

Comments

• Options
    Not a fan. Irritating distraction imo.

Not keen on them, they are too distracting.
    That's rather the point of them
  • Options
    More sponsors and more eye catching when they rotate.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Shows they are working then, got your attention, that's the power of advertising from the clubs perspective, great..💲💲💲
  • Options
    Something to watch when we pass sideways for too long 😆
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    kimbo said:
    can’t understand why people are excited about this. 
    Pretty flashing pictures!

Subliminal messages "eat more chips", "smoke more tabs","drink more beer".

You could get arrows showing the direction we should be kicking towards, and then pointing to the goal!.

Get the FIIISSHH to swim all the way round the pitch in a piscine Mexican wave effect , people would wet themselves!,

You could get the lyrics for Addicks To Victory on it, then we could all sing along to our favourite tune.

You could display Aneke's energy level and a countdown to when he will come off.

Hours of fun!
    And then the game kicks off unfortunately.
  • Options
    Think it’s a Premier League requirement along with floodlights brighter then the sun 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Hal1x said:
    kimbo said:
    can’t understand why people are excited about this. 
    Pretty flashing pictures!

Subliminal messages "eat more chips", "smoke more tabs","drink more beer".

You could get arrows showing the direction we should be kicking towards, and then pointing to the goal!.

Get the FIIISSHH to swim all the way round the pitch in a piscine Mexican wave effect , people would wet themselves!,

You could get the lyrics for Addicks To Victory on it, then we could all sing along to our favourite tune.

You could display Aneke's energy level and a countdown to when he will come off.

Hours of fun!
    And then the game kicks off unfortunately.
    Thats the time to go to the pub.
  • Options
    Years ago in a night game at Leicester I thought they were too bright. Still nice to see us getting some modernisation and brings in a few extra quid 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last season:

20/20 Premier League clubs had digital boards
    24/24 Championship clubs had digital boards
    7/10 top 10 League One clubs had digital boards (Rotherham, Plymouth and Portsmouth did not)
    Definitely our best signing then, the digi boards will see us rise through the football pyramid 
  • Options
    One upside, when a sponsor is no longer in business or doesn’t pay the bill there will longer be pitch side advertising for that particular brand. 
    Also it be possible to a fish swim around the valley, maybe.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Think it’s a Premier League requirement along with floodlights brighter then the sun 
    Is that when we finally replace the bulbs at the valley that don’t work?
  • Options
    One upside, when a sponsor is no longer in business or doesn’t pay the bill there will longer be pitch side advertising for that particular brand. 
    Also it be possible to a fish swim around the valley, maybe.
    Perhaps we can show the eyes of a substitute coming on, in the way cricket grounds show the eyes of the new batter walking out!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Is that when we finally replace the bulbs at the valley that don’t work?
    If we ever make it back there, it’ll be a whole system replacement, let along a couple of bulbs 
  • Options
    Not a fan. Irritating distraction imo.

That's rather the point of them
    Thanks for the education Henry.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    It's a very strange thng to get excited or pleased about. Maybe people are just so used to being bombarded with adverts all the time now they've been brainwashed into thinking it's actually doing them good and is for their benefit? I dunno, but whatever floats your boat I guess. 

Personally I find it incredibly exciting and look forward to the day adverts are injected into our dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlCrcMeVZHs
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    It's a very strange thng to get excited or pleased about. Maybe people are just so used to being bombarded with adverts all the time now they've been brainwashed into thinking it's actually doing them good and is for their benefit? I dunno, but whatever floats your boat I guess. 

It's a very strange thing to get upset about.
    If it brings in some extra revenue what could possibly be the problem with that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

It's a very strange thing to get upset about.
    If it brings in some extra revenue what could possibly be the problem with that?
    Who's upset? I haven't read anyone being upset about it.
  • Options
    I haven't read anyone getting excited about it.
    Pleased yes, because they agree with me that it may bring in extra revenue.
    If you go back through the thread you'll see posts about, not a fan of it, it's just a distraction. 
    For some posters it seems that any new innovation at the club is a waste of time and money.  
  • Options
    Last season:

20/20 Premier League clubs had digital boards
    24/24 Championship clubs had digital boards
    7/10 top 10 League One clubs had digital boards (Rotherham, Plymouth and Portsmouth did not)
    New form of Groundhopping 
  • Options
    The mischievous side of me thinks you could have a lot of fun with it if you get in the ‘control room’ and publish your own messages instead of the adverts. 

‘Pass it forward Garner!’ or ‘Get Chuks on now’ that sort of thing 🙂
  • Options
    Brilliant Stig. LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don't get this mindset. If there's something going on on the pitch people will be watching the football intensely. But you also have to remember each time the ball goes out of play, injuries, set pieces, pre game, half time, and post match. You'll notice the adds when you choose to look at them, when not much else is happening on field. You'll just get used to them being there in time, a bit like getting a bigger TV. 
  • Options
    The mischievous side of me thinks you could have a lot of fun with it if you get in the ‘control room’ and publish your own messages instead of the adverts. 

‘Pass it forward Garner!’ or ‘Get Chuks on now’ that sort of thing 🙂
    "Oh **** Chuks is limping :# "
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    "I've got 15 chips🍾"
  • Options
    Rumour has it they are the boards used at the county ground last season.