Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley gets a pitchside upgrade…

124»

Comments

• Options
    I still hanker after the days when half time scores were put up to A,B,C etc. markers on the perimeter
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I still hanker after the days when half time scores were put up to A,B,C etc. markers on the perimeter

Most of the time they were either late or never put up...those were the day's eh..
    Jumpers for goalposts, Rush goalie, Mmmm, Home in time for tea beans on toast eh, those were the days Mmm... B)
  • Options
    We have a display, including two of the number boards, on this in the museum.

You should see the looks on the kids faces when their parents/grandparents try to explain what they were.

Someone once said they have the actual ABCD boards in their garage. I asked if they'd donate them but never heard back.
  • Options
    While you were watching that you could buy your  Peeaanuts"
  • Options
    How much does it cost to display messages throughout the game?
    Are there some messages, that don’t contain swearing or indecent material, that would be banned by the club?
    I can think of a lot of political slogans, but leaving them to one side could you hire the message board to say, for example, ‘meat is murder’ or ‘ban abortion’ or ‘don’t ever gamble’ or ‘Matt Southall is a con man’?
    I wonder what the rules would be.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    seth plum said:
    Are there some messages, that don’t contain swearing or indecent material, that would be banned by the club?
    I can think of a lot of political slogans, but leaving them to one side could you hire the message board to say, for example, ‘meat is murder’ or ‘ban abortion’ or ‘don’t ever gamble’ or ‘Matt Southall is a con man’?
    As per post from @oohaahmortimer page 2.. ;)
    For approx £3k a season you get a minute in 6x 10 second patches per game 
    Assume this is accurate?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    They'd have to be compliant with ASA and CAP codes. In a nutshell, "legal, decent, honest and truthful". I don't know the difference between "honest" and "truthful".  Together with any other rules set out by the FA/EFL/FIFA/UEFA. So, as you well know, political statements would not be allowed as they are banned from football.  In addition "meat is murder" would be illegal because it is not true. Because, again, as you well know, murder is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.  That's why the Americans, sensibly, call it homicide.

• Options
    Rumour has it they are the boards used at the county ground last season.
    Also heard Wayno drove them down in the Rangie and Coleen bashed her nails up loading them into reception.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:
    They'd have to be compliant with ASA and CAP codes. In a nutshell, "legal, decent, honest and truthful". I don't know the difference between "honest" and "truthful".  Together with any other rules set out by the FA/EFL/FIFA/UEFA. So, as you well know, political statements would not be allowed as they are banned from football.  In addition "meat is murder" would be illegal because it is not true. Because, again, as you well know, murder is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.  That's why the Americans, sensibly, call it homicide.

Would it be OK to display ‘McDonalds burgers are delicious’, because that isn’t true?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    cafcfan said:
    seth plum said:

Would it be OK to display ‘McDonalds burgers are delicious’, because that isn’t true?
    Beg to differ there Seth..."yum yum bubble gum"..🍔🍔🍔🍔🍔..😎
  • Options
    And you had to wait until the Standard or News went on sale around 6pm to get the results as you missed the 5pm news teleprinter as you got home after they had been on. And the frustration if it was an away game and it said Charlton "late kick off" so just two L's instead of a score!
  • Options
    And you had to wait until the Standard or News went on sale around 6pm to get the results as you missed the 5pm news teleprinter as you got home after they had been on. And the frustration if it was an away game and it said Charlton "late kick off" so just two L's instead of a score!
    Happier days.