Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 Captain

Apologies if I've missed this... 
With Pearce retiring, have we announced who is taking over as club captain ?

Comments

• Options
    Apologies if I've missed this... 
    With Pearce retiring, have we announced who is taking over as club captain ?
    Alex Gilbey. 
  • Options
    Stockley will be named captain.
  • Options
    Lavelle for me
  • Options
    Lavelle would be my choice also.
  • Options
    It’ll be Stockley 
  • Options
    It’ll be Stockley 
    Why? not really seen him do much captaining? I suppose there must be a reason it’s him though?
  • Options
    I imagine it will be Stockley, but at the moment it's not obvious who should be captain

You need someone with leadership skills, and who will be one of the first names on Garner's teamsheet, rather than a squad player or someone who may get pushed aside if we recruit another striker...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stockley is the right choice IMO.
  • Options
    O'Connell
  • Options
    I’ve never really understood why football teams need captains. 
  • Options
    Richard Chinn?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Stockley is the right choice IMO.
    Why?
  • Options
    Captain Morgan as long as he doesn't bottle the responsibility; I have always been a glass half empty man. 
    Sorry, but as someone who no longer drinks Captain Morgan for concerns as to where the money might up I can't go for that. Gilbey for me, or gInniss. 
  • Options
    Captain should be a midfielder or, at worst a CM.  Midfielders can communicate better both front and back lines.  Not sure about the new additions...but otherwise maybe Inniss? (but I'm sure that's gonna generate some controversy)....
  • Options
    Captain Morgan as long as he doesn't bottle the responsibility; I have always been a glass half empty man. 
    With his deputy being Private Fraser
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McGrandles regularly captained Lincoln, wonder if he's in the running 
  • Options
    McGrandles regularly captained Lincoln, wonder if he's in the running 
    No issue with McGrandles getting the armband. If everyone puts in a shift like him we’ll be top 6 all day of the week!
  • Options
    It will be Stockley.

That's not who I would choose but there you go.
  • Options
    Given our record last season an on field Captain needs to find ways to prevent our players getting yellow and red cards.
  • Options
    Was hoping captaincy would have been passed on from Stockley, but no idea who to! Everybody is injury prone!

He's not cut out for it and still does some stupid things on the pitch...like the hack in a friendly and then nearly booting the ball out the stadium when no need. 
  • Options
    Everybody in the team should be able to communicate and talk to each other throughout the team if they are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Do Italy still take the approach of giving the captaincy to whoever has the most caps?
  • Options
    Replies are interesting, a poll would be even more interesting I think?!
  • Options
    I think it will be Stockley but he wouldn’t be my choice. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I’ve never really understood why football teams need captains. 
    Well, someone has to go up for the pre-match toss-up and pictures!