Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFT sponsorship

Comments

• Anyone tried this in google translate?

'Tbh you’ve just combined two crypto terms into one - there’s defi that uses AMM - automated market makers, so you’re placing your assets into a pool for liquidity, where you get a share of trading fees when people use the pool to trade. It can be a good way of making your money work a bit harder. Your risk is the protocol/smart contract your money is used with gets exploited. So it’s not a ponzi as you can “see” it giving you trading fees on the blockchain' 
  • It's really bad news for the people who had money tied up in Ftx and alot of them will have lost fortunes no doubt. But there was always a decent chance something like this would happen. The whole industry is shrouded in mystery from what I can see and I spent a decent amount of time over a 12 month period trying to get my head around it but had no success. Not wishing to start a row with the crypto fans on here but every bone in my body is telling me crypto is just another scheme where a few will make fortunes most will lose their pants. 
  • Pro tip to myself: don’t try and explain an internet subculture to people and try to appear normal at the same time.
    depends on the people
  • Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Anyone tried this in google translate?

'Tbh you’ve just combined two crypto terms into one - there’s defi that uses AMM - automated market makers, so you’re placing your assets into a pool for liquidity, where you get a share of trading fees when people use the pool to trade. It can be a good way of making your money work a bit harder. Your risk is the protocol/smart contract your money is used with gets exploited. So it’s not a ponzi as you can “see” it giving you trading fees on the blockchain' 
    How odd.

For someone who says they don't understand these things - and who seems to never actually engage any brain cells to even try to understand them - you don't half seem to spend a lot of time on these threads making yourself look like a complete idiot.

But I guess that's your "brand".
    Here come the judge huh?
    If you think I look like a 'complete idiot' I take that as a compliment.
  • edited November 2022
    I thought CEOs getting rich while the ordinary man gets stiffed was one of the things crypto was meant to put an end to. 

Having a twitter account and not wearing a collar seems to be enough to make people think you're one of them, rather than an 'evil' banker. 

• Over a million people and businesses could be owed money following the collapse of the crypto exchange FTX, according to bankruptcy filings.

There have also been reports that FTX suffered a hack, taking millions of dollars of crypto from the firm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63624894

• clive said:

Over a million people and businesses could be owed money following the collapse of the crypto exchange FTX, according to bankruptcy filings.

There have also been reports that FTX suffered a hack, taking millions of dollars of crypto from the firm.

Who needs regulation? We've had ponzi schemes for decades...
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Over a million people and businesses could be owed money following the collapse of the crypto exchange FTX, according to bankruptcy filings.

Who needs regulation? We've had ponzi schemes for decades...
    This wasn’t a Ponzi scheme. This was just criminal negligence at an obscene level - ftx didn’t even have an accountant.
  • So where are Generous Robots these days?
  • https://generousrobots.com/

Using words like "democratize" and "aesthetic and functional" art. 

"United by their passion for Innovation"

If their website was a person it would be hard not to punch em in the face. 
  • Still strapped in, feeling positive, innovating, waiting for the bull run and about to ride the wave ..... of their Ponzi scheme.
  • https://generousrobots.com/

Using words like "democratize" and "aesthetic and functional" art. 

"United by their passion for Innovation"

If their website was a person it would be hard not to punch em in the face. 
    Collegiate maybe? 😉
  • 95% of all NFTs have been declared essentially worthless, so make of that what you will.

Interesting that the people saying in the future you'll pay for things through crypto and NFTs alone have gone very quiet about it all now
  • sam3110 said:
    95% of all NFTs have been declared essentially worthless, so make of that what you will.

Interesting that the people saying in the future you'll pay for things through crypto and NFTs alone have gone very quiet about it all now
    Or maybe we can distinguish between two very different things.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    95% of all NFTs have been declared essentially worthless, so make of that what you will.

Yup and to the surprise of no one with a single functioning brain cell.

• cafcpolo said:
    sam3110 said:

Triggered? I never said they were the same thing, but tonnes of people were claiming they're both the future of money and of "wealth" and clearly NFTs are nothing but a fad and were used as a way to get dumb people to part with their money.

Take the people that bought NFT versions of Hirst's work, and he burnt the original piece of art, are those NFTs worth as much as people claimed they would be? Average trade price was 20k at first but now they're valued at around 2 Ethereum, or £1400 in today's money, so they've lost 90% of value.

Would a physical Hirst art piece depreciate that much? I doubt it
  • edited October 2023
    2+2=4 if that helps.
  • Off_it said:
    JohnnyB said:
    Zero mention of the artwork in your descriptions. 

Only mentions of demand, value, investment. 

Wanting more demand so you can cash out your worthless NFTs ain't gonna work, sorry. 
    Generous Robots are a long term investment for me. They have a value to me and a value in the marketplace. I like the artwork but it's more their business model that I am interested in.

As I said though, NFTs are my full time career and I live a good lifestyle from them.

Wanting more demand so you can cash out your worthless NFTs ain't gonna work, sorry. 
    I think you are right in that JohnnyB hasn't even mentioned what Generous Robots are/do.
    It doesn't really matter. The public buy, the price goes up & the current holders cash in at a profit.

I have linked to the website where the details are on there if you look at the whitepaper. The model is going to be complicated to explain but there are enough details in the whitepaper to give you an idea.

I think it is unfair to be labelled on here as a scam investment as some have alluded to on here. There is no intention at all to scam anyone, fans or otherwise. I have tried to explain things the best I can and hopefully people understand that.
    I wonder what happened to this guy?

Presumably he's a multi-billionaire now?
    I signed up to there discord server at the time.  Traffic is well down and it's now basically people asking when they will get the money they were promised now.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    JohnnyB said:

Generous Robots are a long term investment for me. They have a value to me and a value in the marketplace. I like the artwork but it's more their business model that I am interested in.

As I said though, NFTs are my full time career and I live a good lifestyle from them.

I think you are right in that JohnnyB hasn't even mentioned what Generous Robots are/do.
    It doesn't really matter. The public buy, the price goes up & the current holders cash in at a profit.

I have linked to the website where the details are on there if you look at the whitepaper. The model is going to be complicated to explain but there are enough details in the whitepaper to give you an idea.

I think it is unfair to be labelled on here as a scam investment as some have alluded to on here. There is no intention at all to scam anyone, fans or otherwise. I have tried to explain things the best I can and hopefully people understand that.
    I wonder what happened to this guy?

Presumably he's a multi-billionaire now?
    I signed up to there discord server at the time.  Traffic is well down and it's now basically people asking when they will get the money they were promised now.
    So is there a value to their NFTs now?

If someone had invested £100 at the time of the Charlton sponsorship what would it be worth now?

I'll take a wild guess and say down.
  • edited October 2023
    sam3110 said:

Bit like art, which is what 95% of then were :). Like any investments of visual products, buy what you like as its might be worth fk all one day. During covid some banksy prints were 250k each... same prints are now 50k. Even one of the most famous artists in the world isn't crash proof... pretty much the while art market is down just like 2008.
  • sam3110 said:
    cafcpolo said:
    sam3110 said:

Triggered? I never said they were the same thing, but tonnes of people were claiming they're both the future of money and of "wealth" and clearly NFTs are nothing but a fad and were used as a way to get dumb people to part with their money.

Take the people that bought NFT versions of Hirst's work, and he burnt the original piece of art, are those NFTs worth as much as people claimed they would be? Average trade price was 20k at first but now they're valued at around 2 Ethereum, or £1400 in today's money, so they've lost 90% of value.

Would a physical Hirst art piece depreciate that much? I doubt it
    The physical hirsts were going for 25/30k or more at one point, you can now buy one for 5k... which I'd advise ool to do if they have 5k to invest for a couple years.
  • edited October 2023
    So where are Generous Robots these days?
    I do hope no one on here lost money.

Summary

We all are aware of the fast-paced nature of the NFT space. Every day, new projects are emerging with enticing utility, visually stunning art, and innovative staking mechanisms. Although, when Generous Robots first launched, everything about the project was highly anticipated and well-received, the perception has since changed. The team understands that the art has fallen short of expectations, the initial utility no longer holds the same relevance, and the staking mechanisms have numerous flaws. Hence, the launch of a new collection is crucial. This is our chance to align with the current standards of Solana NFTs and establish ourselves as a strong competitor in the market, instead of being just another average project.

In this whitepaper, we will cover everything you need to know in preparation for the launch of the revamped collection.

https://storm-mustard-8dd.notion.site/Generous-Robots-44f196bfe5d04939b3074cc5d4bbbb6f