Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFT sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    And now..following a week of negative publicity and Thomas and Raelynn sitting down with three Supporters Trust people who know their stuff, Generous Robots have responded by.... er..changing their Mission Statement. So that's alright then...

• Options
    ‘Best products and services’ no less.
  • Options
    Hang on, so it IS a pyramid scheme?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Personally, I feel shocked.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    No, no you don’t understand. Following concerned representations from Thomas about the previous mission statement indicating that it was, Russian Tim and his mates have taken swift and decisive action to change the mission statement so that it is clearly no longer inadvertently describing a pyramid scheme. It’s impressive how quickly they agreed it with their community before effecting the change, isn’t it? I expect @shine166 will be along soon to confirm what a lively discussion it was on their “blockchain”. 

You see, flexible and fast-moving. Not like old-fashioned companies. This is the future!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    seth plum said:
    The most common ingredient in oil paint is linseed oil which is not a fossil fuel that comes out of the ground.
    why do they call it oil if its not the same as oil out of the ground? Sounds like it's part of the scam? Oil indicates wealth, when really they're just bits of canvas with linseed oil on them. 
    Do you have to practice to be this wankerish or does it come naturally? Yes, I know you’re using sarcasm for effect but I don’t think you’re doing a very good job of it.
  • Options
    Now it seems Tim and the Robots have been encouraged to 'reach out to" us with this letter. Sadly when Martin Calladine took up their offer to mail questions to Tim, he didn't get very far. Nothing to stop us all trying though. I think that the Dossier will stick to Twitter for that though, don't want the email box to get contaminated...

• Options
    Now it seems Tim and the Robots have been encouraged to 'reach out to" us with this letter. Sadly when Martin Calladine took up their offer to mail questions to Tim, he didn't get very far. Nothing to stop us all trying though. I think that the Dossier will stick to Twitter for that though, don't want the email box to get contaminated...

That letter to Charlton fans is total bollocks.
    Isn’t it impressive how the internet has enabled scammers to scam more people more quickly than, say, a religion does?
    If you scoop up enough of the gullible there will always be a few who you can scam to make the effort (assisted by the reach of the internet) pay off.
    If anybody has read ‘Bonfire of the Vanities’ it describes a trader in New York who gets about, I dunno, 0000.1% of all transactions. However if the transactions are big enough it is still a lot of money.
    Crypto freaks, noun functional take ons, toilet chain champions are (to me) either gullible folk who have been taken in (it’s always a jam tomorrow assurance) or out and out fraudulent scammers who cynically exploit the mysteries of new technology to get rich on the backs of the gullible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    The most common ingredient in oil paint is linseed oil which is not a fossil fuel that comes out of the ground.
    why do they call it oil if its not the same as oil out of the ground? Sounds like it's part of the scam? Oil indicates wealth, when really they're just bits of canvas with linseed oil on them. 
    Do you have to practice to be this wankerish or does it come naturally? Yes, I know you’re using sarcasm for effect but I don’t think you’re doing a very good job of it.
    Guys, please. Let's concentrate on Generous Robots, shall we? We need this thread to stay open and not to give admin even more headaches. 
  • Options
    As Prague says would be intrigued to know if the CAST and CAFC statements are being discussed on their discord, @shine166

Is it allowed? Is it ignored? Is it dismissed as ignorance?

PS for an organisation producing art wtf is that letter head all about?
  • Options
    As Prague says would be intrigued to know if the CAST and CAFC statements are being discussed on their discord, @shine166

It’s to look friendly and safe and comforting, the people who run these things really do think the population is made up of people who are gullible and short sighted, hence their choice of business…
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    No, no you don’t understand. Following concerned representations from Thomas about the previous mission statement indicating that it was, Russian Tim and his mates have taken swift and decisive action to change the mission statement so that it is clearly no longer inadvertently describing a pyramid scheme. It’s impressive how quickly they agreed it with their community before effecting the change, isn’t it? I expect @shine166 will be along soon to confirm what a lively discussion it was on their “blockchain”. 

You see, flexible and fast-moving. Not like old-fashioned companies. This is the future!
    You mean make shit up to suit?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

You mean make shit up to suit?
    " You may think that - but I could not possibly comment" :D
  • Options
    Mission Statements are a load of old tosh generally. 

Let’s be honest all companies have them and it’s just marketing BS. Consultants get paid a lot of money to create them and who actually cares?

a real mission statement would say we sell out product for us much as we can to maximise profit and pay our staff what we can get away with. 🙂
  • Options

Let’s be honest all companies have them and it’s just marketing BS. Consultants get paid a lot of money to create them and who actually cares?

a real mission statement would say we sell out product for us much as we can to maximise profit and pay our staff what we can get away with. 🙂
    Every so often we’d go on a mission statement exercise for different teams. When they got to mine I’d say we already had one - don’t f**k up. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Guys, please. Let's concentrate on Generous Robots, shall we? We need this thread to stay open and not to give admin even more headaches. 
    @PragueAddick
    Fair point.
  • Options

It's a tree branch.  Trees have branches all over the world.  It symbolises GR's global reach.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Generally I agree with you; however they are at least designed to be long-term in their professed outlook. They certainly don’t change every week after some journalist asks a few awkward questions :D
  • Options
    If people care, join and find out and stop tagging me, ask them yourselves.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    shine166 said:
    If people care, join and find out and stop tagging me, ask them yourselves.
    I genuinely wouldn't know how plus you were happy enough to volunteer that you'd joined the discord and post screenshots before 

Not unreasonable to ask for updates on that basis but if you'd rather not then fine, it's your choice.

Edit
    Having now read about your personal circumstances I hope things improve.  I wasn't aware of the other thread.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    5 days ago I posted in another thread that life was shit, my mum had a stroke 2 days after finishing her 5th chemo in 3 years and during scans for that theyve now found something on her brain. 

Dig your own Info for fuck sake, I really don't give a shit about GR, just tried to share Info on blockchain tech and for nothing but 'but why' responses like I'm conversing with my 3 year old child 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    5 days ago I posted in another thread that life was shit, my mum had a stroke 2 days after finishing her 5th chemo in 3 years and during scans for that theyve now found something on her brain. 

Dig your own Info for fuck sake, I really don't give a shit about GR, just tried to share Info on blockchain tech and for nothing but 'but why' responses like I'm conversing with my 3 year old child 
    I am really sorry, I didn't know.

I'll delete my comment.  

My thoughts are with you, your mum and the rest of your family.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Very best wishes to you, your mum and all your family