Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFT sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pico said:
    Why do we need the trust members/boards job descriptions?  What bases does Raelynn have to attend the meeting,  I assume it was explained what her actually role is? 
    It shows members that each of those who represented them at t(e meeting brought relevant professional expertise regarding the matter at hand which as far as I can tell, at least matches that of Thomas and Raelynn. 

Re your second question you can drop the Trust a line and ask them.  If you are a member, that is. 
  • Options
    "The deal is the third-largest sponsorship deal for the club after RSK and the University of Greenwich. The club did not provide information about the financial terms of the deal. They shared that they are aware of the ownership structure of the DAO and that the founders would prefer to remain unnamed as is fairly common in the NFT communities."

At the end of the season can we ask if the money actually made it to the Charlton bank account or not. 

The advertising on the LED boards i'm not a huge fan of either, but hopefully the 'do not invest' signage happens before and after it's shown. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Pico said:
    Why do we need the trust members/boards job descriptions?  What bases does Raelynn have to attend the meeting,  I assume it was explained what her actually role is? 
    It shows members that each of those who represented them at t(e meeting brought relevant professional expertise regarding the matter at hand which as far as I can tell, at least matches that of Thomas and Raelynn. 

Re your second question you can drop the Trust a line and ask them.  If you are a member, that is. 
    I am not sure its any of your business if I am a member or not and I don't think it matters if I am or not to ask questions of something that has been publicly published, then shared on a forum.  I thought I was "dropping them a line" by asking on the media it was shared on.  Do I need permission for that?

Do you ask if someone subscribes to Nixon's patron before they are allowed to question his rumours?

The first question was genuine curiosity, so thanks for the answer, although I think it's nonsense.  Those that elect them know this in advance so dont need telling, do they? The second question, I couldn't actually give a monkeys what the answer is, as long as it was explained to those present.
  • Options
    So after reading the Trust's report of the meeting I went on to click the link to the explanation of DAOs. 

If I understand it correctly, and if Generous Robots really is set up as a DAO, I understand that if I buy one of their tokens I get access to their blockchain where all the decisions are discussed and voted on. Right? 

Well it wouldn't cost much for someone to do that, as Martin Calladine established that the tokens were launched at £1.89 each, but now trade at £0.01 (one penny) each. That someone could then access their blockchain and presumably the discussion about the wisdom of sponsoring Charlton, and how much the DAO would pay (and eventually agrees with the club to pay). No?

So - unless I have somehow misunderstood what i read there, one of you crypto-advocates could do that, and locate the discussion about sponsorship. What you find would be of interest to Kieran Maguire and Martin Calladine (although Martin already seems clear that another company lies behind the DAO, and probably is the entity Charlton did the deal with) . 

Give it a go, someone....
  • Options
    @shine166 is already on their discord ie forum.

It would be interesting to see what their reaction has been, if any, to the comments on here and the CAST article?

@jonnyb hasn't looked on here since 30 July when he said the sponsorship wouldn't be renewed next season.

It wasn't explained how he could be so sure when he claimed to be only a holder and nothing to do with the ownership. Maybe he's a beard?

What did he report back to their forum I wonder?

Ironically, the physical matchworn shorts WITH the logo now become rare, and collectable, as you can't buy them in the shop.

NB The value of replica kit can go up and down and buyers should do due diligence before investing 

PS If the club know the ownership of GR is, is it then not a DAO? Can it be a limited company AND a DAO?
  • Options
    If like me you are frustrated by all the abbreviations used in discussing all this crypto toilet chain fungus malarkey, you will see many uses of ‘DAO’.
    I had to look it up, and it apparently means ‘Decentralised Autonomous Organisation’.
    Sounds impressive doesn’t it?
    It simply means a bunch of people (organisation) from nowhere (decentralised) saying and doing what the hell they want (autonomous).
    Admittedly DAO is shorter to type, though you have to use capital letters, but ‘SCAMMERS’ takes more effort, but is more transparent.
    My understanding is that NFT means ‘nuff f**king ting’.
  • Options
    To be clear I don’t think DAOs will or do work effectively unless they’re huge… which in itself means they need to take time to get huge and people will “get lucky” and be big dao token holders. In which it kind of defeats the purpose of being a dao.

the best way of doing it is the way uniswap did it, have an incredibly successful product and then airdrop your tokens proportionally to who’s used it. 

Maybe one of the founders of the dao is a charlton fan or knows sandgaard and decided to sponsor the club? Maybe sandgaard is one of the owners of the dao and is using it to put money in the club? I think the trust is well within its rights to seek clarifications on who’s behind it, but I just don’t think you’ll get it. 
  • Options
    I've lost all my lols :(
    Extremely wasted opportunity to say 'all my lols gone' 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    It reads like Mr Sandgaard has been scammed.
  • Options
    It reads like someone who thinks they've fucked up, but can't say so, so is now covering all bases
  • Options
    @shine166 is already on their discord ie forum.

It would be interesting to see what their reaction has been, if any, to the comments on here and the CAST article?

@jonnyb hasn't looked on here since 30 July when he said the sponsorship wouldn't be renewed next season.

It wasn't explained how he could be so sure when he claimed to be only a holder and nothing to do with the ownership. Maybe he's a beard?

What did he report back to their forum I wonder?

Ironically, the physical matchworn shorts WITH the logo now become rare, and collectable, as you can't buy them in the shop.

NB The value of replica kit can go up and down and buyers should do due diligence before investing 

PS If the club know the ownership of GR is, is it then not a DAO? Can it be a limited company AND a DAO?
    Couldn't i just buy a red top and sew a charlton badge into it? Sounds like a scam market. As for the environmental costs of manufacturing the shirt, transporting it to the club shop is absolutely obscene. Do we know who made the shirts? The workers at the manufacturers? I don't want my club taking any part of it /s
  • Options
    fyi guys theres a place round the corner from me that sells paintings on a canvas for eye watering amounts of money, people buy these things as investments! Unbelievable. I heard their made using OILS! (that's fossil fuels that come out of the ground). Some people have made lots of money out of it, but most of them become worthless. I don't know what problem they solve - we already have photographs.
  • Options
    The most common ingredient in oil paint is linseed oil which is not a fossil fuel that comes out of the ground.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    seth plum said:
    The most common ingredient in oil paint is linseed oil which is not a fossil fuel that comes out of the ground.
    why do they call it oil if its not the same as oil out of the ground? Sounds like it's part of the scam? Oil indicates wealth, when really they're just bits of canvas with linseed oil on them. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    why do they call it oil if its not the same as oil out of the ground? Sounds like it's part of the scam?
    Not everything described as oil comes out of the ground or is a derivative of fossil fuel.
    Olive oil, rapeseed oil, the aforementioned linseed oil are examples.
    Oil paint is not a scam designed to trick people, but cryptocurrency and NFT’s and the like seem to absolutely be scams designed to trick people.
    Anyway here is a free gift from me to you:

2x(4+3)=14…go buy yourself a bitcoin😜
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    why do they call it oil if its not the same as oil out of the ground? Sounds like it's part of the scam?
    Not everything described as oil comes out of the ground or is a derivative of fossil fuel.
    Olive oil, rapeseed oil, the aforementioned linseed oil are examples.
    Oil paint is not a scam designed to trick people, but cryptocurrency and NFT’s and the like seem to absolutely be scams designed to trick people.
    Anyway here is a free gift from me to you:

2x(4+3)=14…go buy yourself a bitcoin😜
    I shall give you some canvas with some linseed oil as a thanks. We can both be millionaires then.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving re the last question in your last (and very good) post, Martin Calladine is fairly clear that a separate company entity  has set up this “DAO” however Russian Tim and his mates refused to engage with his questions. 

It seems to me then that this “company” could make sure it owns the biggest stake in this DAO. Which, if so, rather blows a hole in the supposed concept. But I could be off-beam here and stand to be corrected by e.g. @kentaddick, who, reading between the lines, is also starting to smell a rat with this particular mob. 

I look forward then to @shine166 discovering what the Robotbros are saying about our sponsorship. 

The other thing that Martin Calladine keeps emphasising, and related to bigger crypto footie deals than this, is “make sure you get paid upfront”. Based only on instinct I will now offer the prediction that this “sponsorship” will not last the season, and that we will eventually learn that the money didn’t come through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What can possibly go wrong…
  • Options
    I reckon TS knows as much about NFTs as he doesn't about football. Probably another thing he thinks is 'easy'
  • Options
    Meanwhile over at The Taxpayers', Martin Calladine is trying in vain to get answers about another murky cryptobro partner with Russian connections. 

• Options
    Price of Football pod worth a listen. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    fyi guys theres a place round the corner from me that sells paintings on a canvas for eye watering amounts of money, people buy these things as investments! Unbelievable. I heard their made using OILS! (that's fossil fuels that come out of the ground). Some people have made lots of money out of it, but most of them become worthless. I don't know what problem they solve - we already have photographs.
    Jeez, turn it in eh mate? You've already had this thread closed down once.
    it was satire to @seth plum going apoplectic whenever crypto is mentioned in any thread. So... i guess... whoosh?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Jeez, turn it in eh mate? You've already had this thread closed down once.
    it was satire to @seth plum going apoplectic whenever crypto is mentioned in any thread. So... i guess... whoosh?
    Oh I know what you were "trying" to do .....