Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 6th August 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    2-1 to us , I’ve got a good feeling , Stockley brace 
  • Options
    James Chester and McGoldrick are both out for the game on Saturday 
  • Options
    I’m sure I’ve seen Egbo training with the squad in the pictures put out today so I’d guess he’ll be close to getting in the squad. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    I’m sure I’ve seen Egbo training with the squad in the pictures put out today so I’d guess he’ll be close to getting in the squad. 
    Couldnt see him myself... Charlie Kirk looks happy amongst the team though
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    My mistake, I thought Egbo was no.2
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    He’s not back training yet
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    My mistake, I thought Egbo was no.2
    Who is no.3?…. Oh oops!!🤣 maybe next week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    James Chester and McGoldrick are both out for the game on Saturday 
    They didn't play against Oxford but they still won.
  • Options
    First chance to see the new look team, I just fear its going to be another long season. I'm not really impressed with the players we've brought in to an already bang average L1 squad.
  • Options
    2-2 again
  • Options
    First chance to see the new look team, I just fear its going to be another long season. I'm not really impressed with the players we've brought in to an already bang average L1 squad.
    I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you see a few of them play.
  • Options
    No idea what to expect but really looking forward to the game - a sun drenched opener at the valley - beautiful - looks like a good crowd building as well - could be the start of something great or another episode of misery - COYR !!!!!
  • Options
    At least all those who desperately wanted Derby relegated will be justified when we whip them 3-1 and go above them in the table .
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    No idea what to expect but really looking forward to the game - a sun drenched opener at the valley - beautiful - looks like a good crowd building as well - could be the start of something great or another episode of misery - COYR !!!!!
    Sums it up perfectly.
    I genuinely can’t call it, but the sun is shining and we’re back at the valley.  I’m sure even the negative types are really looking forward to it deep down!
  • Options
    I think a midweek game would have helped us. We need to impose ourselves on Derby and I think we need more from CBT and DJ.  I am getting irritated at CBT looking so good and having no end product. This needs to be sorted. DJ has to effect games more and when the ball is on the other wing he has to be a bloody striker.
    It was a great run and cross for Jaiyesimi to head wide v. Accy. Should have scored. 
    I think the assists will come, but they do need to take their chances when they’re on a plate. 
  • Options
    The sort of game that makes me sad I don’t live closer to the Valley, would love to be there tomorrow rather than hacking my way round a windy Cornish golf course.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Sums it up perfectly.
    I genuinely can’t call it, but the sun is shining and we’re back at the valley.  I’m sure even the negative types are really looking forward to it deep down!
    Deep deep deep deep deep deep down....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not read all the thread, so I may not be the first to say. Liam Rosenior as a manager makes me feel incredibly old... 
  • Options
    like Accrington another draw with fans saying we should have won but.......
  • Options
    2 teams that had to rebuild in the summer. One recruited from League 1 & below, the other from The Championship & above (without spending any money on the process). Who's strategy was the wisest & who will come on top come 5pm. 

Charlton 0 Derby 2. 
    I was listening to a Derby perspective last week and they feel that have really struggled to recruit what with havi g a salary cap imposed on them of £18k a week and have had to let players leave because they couldn't offer them competitive new deals. Erm, at what POINT can Charlton, I deed Sandgaard begin to compete with clubs in that position, more over clubs like Accrington.

Sister lives in Derby, so always one I look out for.

2-2. More open football, but defence just can't keep a clean sheet. 
  • Options
    Wollacott gonna get himself a back injury from frequently bending to pick the ball out the net
    Weather should be OK
    All that guff from the club about 'get here early cos it's gonna be busy' gonna look really silly - off the train at 14:39 easy make seat Curbside for K.O.
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Wollacott gonna get himself a back injury from frequently bending to pick the ball out the net
    Weather should be OK
    All that guff from the club about 'get here early cos it's gonna be busy' gonna look really silly - off the train at 14:39 easy make seat Curbside for K.O.
    Look really silly to who, it’s just some harmless advice they give most games I thought.  Probably for the older fans or those with young kids to avoid the rush. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Referee Chris Pollard scored 6.03 for our home game against Wombles last season
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Weather should be OK
    Look really silly to who, it’s just some harmless advice they give most games I thought.  Probably for the older fans or those with young kids to avoid the rush. 
    Or have Derby fans bought as many tickets in the home stands as Leeds fans did?